Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Drumm gets €70,000 bonus

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I dont know how anybody could accept a bonus like that within the HSE when there are people dying on trolleys in our hospitals. Its just beggars belief

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

You have that sort of problem in every government department. To me its time the whole sooting lot has to be sorted out. I dont think any one party is responsible. The unions are too strong and are robbing this country right left and centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

gazzer wrote: »
    I dont know how anybody could accept a bonus like that within the HSE when there are people dying on trolleys in our hospitals. Its just beggars belief

The same would apply to any department. IF someone in the Social Welfare department got it, you could argue with so many out of work right now the money could be much better spent. The same with Education, or in Envoirnment and Local Government where you could argue that the money could be used to help mentain roads or lower bin charges etc for the ordionary person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I haven't read all of the thread but early on people were saying that you can't have a businessman running it because he will think only of profits and the service will be worse than it is now... I just cannot understand this.

The problem with the HSE seemingly is waste, inefficiency and lack of leadership. How do businessmen turn a profit? They cut out waste and inefficiency and provide leadership.

Any business that is successful relies on customer satisfaction. If a businessman were given the task of sorting out the HSE it's really simplistic to infer that they'd just cut everything and think that's the job done.

It's just really baffling to think that people in the field think there needs to be a doctor making the decisions. Does a supermarket chain need a checkout girl to run it too?

Advertisement