Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Technology Needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭JamieCarra

Been meaning to invest in a decent setup for a while now aswell.

Anyone got any opinions / recommendations on this tower

studio-xps-8000-right-149.jpg
    ok1_sign_small.gif
    img.aspx?p=Nt%2bzPeMAmMfS8%2fA3YlzAbHdyDF6A91o7L%2b25LmAE2DI8RHQqrNwgXDSAzAglL%2flCU1djJce5BAgUo%2fxnJyzNfX9CVASRu1caAqHtd3YV1mojNABEx7kDFRmj%2fHdjE8J7M2FUFYLxA0FPrfY2YV6MeHdyRRTYu0NMXe25MmAVy2dqKxNO17tXEQy9%2fjNrQY4%2fPDZSE4n2BUFP4qhsMkubPS8gE1zKpw%3d%3d

Congratulations! Your system is ready to be built.

components_on.gifComponentsPROCESSORIntel Core i7-860 (2.80GHz, 8MB, L3 Cache)edit

OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit- Englishedit

OFFICE SOFTWAREMicrosoft® Works 9 - Englishedit

HARDWARE SUPPORT1 year of coverage included with your PCedit

PROTECT YOUR NEW PCMcAfee® Security Centre 15 Month Protectionedit

MONITORDisplay Not Includededit

MEMORY8192MB 1067 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [4x2048]edit

HARD DRIVE1TB (7200rpm) Serial ATA/100 Hard Driveedit

GRAPHICS CARD1GB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT220 graphics cardedit

OPTICAL DRIVE16X DVD+/- RW Optical Drive (DVD & CD read and write) (Win 7 Only)edit

KEYBOARDDell™ USB Entry Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)edit

MOUSEDell 2 Button USB Optical Mouseedit

WIRELESS SOLUTIONDell™ Wireless 1505 Wireless-N MiniPCI Card EURedit

SOUND SOFTWAREIntegrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital Audioedit
    NAPSTER PROMOTIONFree Napster® with 60 Free Songs and 1 year Free Music Streamingedit
    accessories_on.gifAccessoriesSPEAKERSNo Speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)edit

Services & SoftwarePROTECT YOUR DATADataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 yearedit

Also included with your systemACCIDENTAL DAMAGE SUPPORT
    No Accidental Damage Support
    Shipping DocumentsEnglish - Documentation with UK/Ire Power cord
    Gedis Bundle ReferenceD11SX802
    Order InformationStudio XPS 8000 DT Order - UK
    DataSafeDatasafe Local 2.0 Basic
    Standard Warranty1 year of coverage included with your PC
    DELL SYSTEM MEDIA KITStudio XPS 8000 Resource DVD
    with 2 of these monitors?
    31ipZxxzjVL._SS400_.jpg
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-23-inch-LCD-Monitor-40000/dp/B001QFP0X0/ref=amb_link_85317513_7?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0DZSX9KWHDNGAJ9Y45WG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=474488173&pf_rd_i=561904

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

you got a pic of the finished room?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

eamonhonda wrote: »
    you got a pic of the finished room?

Its no way near finished I don't even think I'll be finished by New Year. :( I've been playing poker this month and didn't get around to finding a monitor/s or computer that I like. So much work to be done on the place. It's like a fridge at the moment and I STILL have only a Desk, Chair and a Lamp bought.

I'm thinking of getting a 32' inch one that I seen in supervalue today for 350euro. It's a TV but it says PC input on it. Does this mean I can use it as a TV or PC easily??. If so I'd be killing 2 birds with the one stone but I really no nothing about Monitors can any1 tell me what I should be looking for:confused:

Also found this in LIDL today any ideas on this?
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091126.p.22inch_LCD_TV_with_HDMI_Connection

My friend rang me to tell me there was 2 LCD TV's left in LIDL and they were flocking so I bought it. A good purchase or a bad one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

I can't recommend ankermann-pc enough.

Take this for example

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/?lang=en then click on

Komplettsystem INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9400/4096MB/500GB/9500GT

Perfect for what you're looking for, only thing is it won't have an operating system on it. If your'e happy with getting windows Vista or 7 or even XP separately from somewhere, you can't go far wrong. the machine linked above is €400 and delivery would be about 30 quid.

You should really go with General Zod's advice here and get something from www.ankermann-pc.com .
    That advent pc's graphics wouldnt be very great for a multi-monitor setup i'd imagine.

• Advertisement

JamieCarra wrote: »
    Been meaning to invest in a decent setup for a while now aswell.

How much is this tower?
    You should really go with General Zod's advice here and get something from www.ankermann-pc.com .
    That advent pc's graphics wouldnt be very great for a multi-monitor setup i'd imagine.

Which one did you get shane? 500 is the max I want to spend on it and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference between a good one and a bad one. What should I look for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Be warned that if you want to run a PS3 through a computer monitor, the monitor needs to have hdcp support and as far as I know only a lot of the low end of the range screens (even Samsungs) don't have it.

I tried to do this at one point last year and failed miserably.

You don't need a HDMI input on the monitor since you can get HDMI to DVI cables.

Tony, how many monitors do you want to run? 2?

If you want to run more than 2 then you would need dual graphics cards (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

I found this pc on ankerman for 359. Would be great for a dual monitor setup.

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/sp.php?artnr=81215&pr=MzU5LjAw

It has windows 7, has a good decent graphics cards, 2gb ram (which can be upgraded on the site), 500gb hard drive (which can also be upgraded on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

Tony, how many monitors do you want to run? 2?

If you want to run more than 2 then you would need dual graphics cards (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

I found this pc on ankerman for 359. Would be great for a dual monitor setup.

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/sp.php?artnr=81215&pr=MzU5LjAw

It has windows 7, has a good decent graphics cards, 2gb ram (which can be upgraded on the site), 500gb hard drive (which can also be upgraded on the site.

Most modern graphic cards can handle dual monitors, you don't need dual cards, in fact for a poker machine a 30 euro ATI 4550 is fine.

Better off spending more on good monitors than wasting money on fancy graphics cards. Unless of course you play a few shooters....

(CH3)2CHOH wrote: »
    Most modern graphic cards can handle dual monitors, you don't need dual cards, in fact for a poker machine a 30 euro ATI 4550 is fine.

Better off spending more on good monitors than wasting money on fancy graphics cards. Unless of course you play a few shooters....

For just 2 monitors i agree with you, most would handle it. I'm only saying he needs dual cards if hes gonna be running say 4x24" monitors or something.

If he is going to be getting 2 24" or similar then he would need something better than onboard graphics. The pc i linked doesnt have a brilliant graphics card in it, but it is a good one that wont produce screen lag or ghosting. If he's going to be playing 16 tables spread accross 2 big monitors he wont want the mouse lagging as it goes accross the screens, it would become highly irritating.

I you look at the link that i showed, i think you'll find that the 9500gt is just the next stage up after the 4550 :p. I do actually slightly know what im banging on about :pac:

• Advertisement

just found this.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=324819

This would do the ps3/xbox too. Looks like a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

For just 2 monitors i agree with you, most would handle it. I'm only saying he needs dual cards if hes gonna be running say 4x24" monitors or something.

If he is going to be getting 2 24" or similar then he would need something better than onboard graphics. The pc i linked doesnt have a brilliant graphics card in it, but it is a good one that wont produce screen lag or ghosting. If he's going to be playing 16 tables spread accross 2 big monitors he wont want the mouse lagging as it goes accross the screens, it would become highly irritating.

I you look at the link that i showed, i think you'll find that the 9500gt is just the next stage up after the 4550 :p. I do actually slightly know what im banging on about :pac:

Whoops sorry :o

just found this.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=324819

This would do the ps3/xbox too. Looks like a bargain.

Ok im considering purchasing two of these http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=324819 or else - two of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-23-inch...pf_rd_i=561904
    Thoughts please or other suggestions:confused:
    Yes now I will have 3 monitors. Will that PC you quoted above be fine with these monitors and will all these run smoothly together do you think?
    ps. thanks for this find looks a bargain alright

For the PC its either this - http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce....15&pr=MzU5LjAw
    this - http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3665413.../ptg-9003.html
    or Jamie Carra's suggestion?

Anyone know where I could get a bargain for PS3 or xbox all I want is the Fifa game and maybe champ man game

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

Lads what do yee think of this. is it a good machine and good value at around 600

http://ireland.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/minicat/new/upsell/inspiron-580-D005810?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

is this a very good graphics card
    NVidia® GeForce GT220 1024MB graphics card

cheers for any advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

Anyone know where I could get a bargain for PS3 or xbox all I want is the Fifa game and maybe champ man game

€280 in game stop with the fifa game

bought one today for €320 but that included modern warefare and i think the one for €280 is only 80gb

lucky-colm wrote: »

bought one today for €320 but that included modern warefare and i think the one for €280 is only 80gb

Sweet theres one of these shops in my hometown. Going to go in tomorrow for it.

Ok ive decided to buy this but im upgrading a few things.

im going to -
    Upgrade 2GB RAM Kingston
    ZZ Geh. APEVIA X-TELSTAR Jr. SILVER Side Window-SILVER
    500gb hard drive (which can also be upgraded on the site.
    Where is this found shane?

Anything else i should upgrade?

lucky-colm wrote: »

Went into game stop yesterday and the only deal with fifa was i think a 120gb for €330.
    I don't plan on paying more than €300 for it as im not a big gaming guy and basically only want it to play fifa to give me something else to play if im tilty online.
    I'm going to try and get one second hand for this reason
    I was also thinking of getting championship manager and playing this whilst playing online. My reasoning for this is im a **** hot manager after winning the triple 3 in a row with Cardiff (including champions league) gloat gloat :D:D without cheats may I add :P so I think even if I run bad online my running hot on Championship manager will keep me on top form at all times(maybe maybe not we shall see :cool:) ....If only I could run that hot all the time :rolleyes:!!!

I have everything I need now except the main things haha ie. the computer itself(I need help with what to get) and the PS.
    It's been like over 3 weeks since I played a hand shocking :eek: Nearly there now...can't wait to get cracking playing back full time again!!!

Sweet theres one of these shops in my hometown. Going to go in tomorrow for it.

Ok ive decided to buy this but im upgrading a few things.

im going to -
    Upgrade 2GB RAM Kingston

I can't see it on the page, but i'm sure if you email them they will upgrade it for you. Its not a very difficult thing for them to do and i'm sure they probably just forgot to put the option there.

I'll sell you an old style PS3 if your interested? Never really use it. Don't think i have any footie games for it, but i doubt they are that expensive.

Ok im considering purchasing two of these http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=324819 or else - two of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-23-inch...pf_rd_i=561904
    Yes now I will have 3 monitors. Will that PC you quoted above be fine with these monitors and will all these run smoothly together do you think?
    ps. thanks for this find looks a bargain alright

You will have a problem running 3 monitors off the one graphics card.
    To get around this you could connect the 2 24" to the graphics card and then the other one to a usb adaptor similar to something like this http://www.diamondmm.com/BVU195.php

You will have a problem running 3 monitors off the one graphics card.
    To get around this you could connect the 2 24" to the graphics card and then the other one to a usb adaptor similar to something like this http://www.diamondmm.com/BVU195.php

I dont think I need the 3 monitors not yet anyway. So what i'll do is leave the monitor/tv as a tv and use the other monitors on my computer.im going to -
    Upgrade 2GB RAM Kingston

Thanks for the help Shane I will transfer 20$ into your VC account if you still have it

• Advertisement

The upgrades you want are fine. Theres nothing else really i see that you need to upgrade. If you want a bigger Hard drive i'd say go for the

Samsung 1TB SATA F1 HD103UJ 7200 32mb

But unless you download loads of movies and games, and need loads of space, then i wouldnt think its too necessary really.

You find that by scrolling down towards the bottom of the page in the "Festplatten Upgrade" category.

Remember that that pc wont come with a keyboard, mouse, speakers so you'll need to order them seperate if you dont already have them.

The upgrades you want are fine. Theres nothing else really i see that you need to upgrade. If you want a bigger Hard drive i'd say go for the

Samsung 1TB SATA F1 HD103UJ 7200 32mb

But unless you download loads of movies and games, and need loads of space, then i wouldnt think its too necessary really.

You find that by scrolling down towards the bottom of the page in the "Festplatten Upgrade" category.

Remember that that pc wont come with a keyboard, mouse, speakers so you'll need to order them seperate if you dont already have them.

Ok thanks for that. I already have keyboard, mouse speakers etc etc. ordered. I have everything now except the main thing haha but going to buy that now.

Wdf is the difference between the computer for 319 and the one for 359?

Are these the upgrades your on about? which one would you go for?
    Harddisks Upgrade
    Hitachi 500GB SATA HDP725050GLA360 7200 8mb +0.00 €
    ZZ Samsung 500GB SATA F1 HD502IJ 7200 16mb +4.17 €
    WD 500GB SATA WD5001AALS 7200 32mb Caviar Black +4.76 €
    ZZ Hitachi 750GB SATA HDT721075SLA360 7200 16mb +12.00 €
    Samsung 750GB SATA F1 HD753LJ 7200 32mb +15.00 €
    ZZ Seagate 750GB SATA ST3750330AS 7200 32mb +34.51 €
    Samsung 1TB SATA F1 HD103UJ 7200 32mb +35.00 €
    Hitachi 1TB SATA HDT721010SLA360 7200 16MB +32.00 €
    Seagate 1,5TB SATA ST31500341AS 7200 32mb +69.00 €
    WD 300GB SATA WD3000HLFS 10000 16mb VelociRaptor

ps. pm your vc screenname and email address will ya

The differance is in the graphics cards.

IF you want to upgrade the harddrive, i'd go for

BUT its not essential unless you will need the space.

The differance is in the graphics cards.

IF you want to upgrade the harddrive, i'd go for

BUT its not essential unless you will need the space.

Ok cheers ill just upgrade it now. I'll take a pic when i'm all set up and post it here.

Yeah do. Fire us over a PM if you have any hastle.

I nearly have my setup complete. I don't have a clue how to upload a picture on here though???

Advertisement