Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Technology Needed

Options
  • 13-10-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

I've been playing poker for the last couple of years on a 1 monitor computer. Lately the computer broke down and now I'm playing all my poker on a Laptop in the sitting room.
    The Laptop has gone extremely slow and is tilting me :D
    I have decided to turn my outhouse/shed into a Games Room so I can have my own comfort and space.
    I want a decent computer with at least 2 monitors and a comfortable chair to go with it. I'm also looking for a cheap fold up poker table and an xbox and playstation3 maybe 2nd hand or get them for a good bargain would be great.

Any ideas or experience with top equipment for poker playing.

Thanks guys,

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

this is not ment to be a joke but,the chairs they have on countdown look class prob to expensive tho.

what sort of buget have you for the computer and screens?If I was you id stick with the ps3 (I have both) and maybe spring for a decent tv .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,191 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Depends on how much you want to spend. It could be done for $1000 or $3000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

this is not ment to be a joke but,the chairs they have on countdown look class prob to expensive tho.

I have no idea what the chairs on countdown look like because Rachel Riley stands up (very nicely too imo)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

I recently decided to change my setup. Bought an acer desktop, triple core processer, 3gb DDR2, 320gb, 18.5inch lcd screen, for 479e in PCworld stock clearance last wkd, im sure its still on going. All i need now is a new desk and chair, im thinking of buying http://http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6170996/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14572996/c_2/2%7Ccat_14572996%7COffice+furniture%7C14573054/c_3/3%7Ccat_14573054%7COffice+chairs%7C14573057.htm Can anyone recommend?. Going to try IKEA at some stage for a desk. Good look with the setup TM.

164-6170996A68UC416842M.jpg

just realised no arm rests?:(.

jesus thats a nice laptop espically from pc world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

I was going to recommend the chair I bought from argos but they seem to have removed it from the online catalogue which is a pity as it’s a decent chair. As for the chair above, should you not go for one with armrests on it? It maikes a difference if for some reason you can't roll the chair fully under the desk

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

I want everything to be top notch but for as cheap as possible lol im a bargain hunter.
    It's going to cost me about 1k to insulate and plaster the place.
    So I want to spend roughly 1K-1.5k euro on the rest.

I want everything to be top notch but for as cheap as possible lol im a bargain hunter.
    It's going to cost me about 1k to insulate and plaster the place.
    So I want to spend roughly 1K-1.5k euro on the rest.

Are you doing that yourself? Give me the square yard and ill get you a price.

a-k-47 wrote: »
    Are you doing that yourself? Give me the square yard and ill get you a price.

My brother is an electrician and a bit of a handy man and my 1st cousin is a plasterer. Thanks anyway

This chair looks good value for money unless i can get arm rest for the the argos one. good luck.

• Advertisement

any thoughts on the monitors?

I still haven't found nething that sticks out for good value. I found a nice table from IKEA. I still need a computer and Monitors:confused:

If I was you id stick with the ps3 (I have both) and maybe spring for a decent tv .

Everyone is telling me the Xbox is better why do you think PS3 is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

2 or 3 of these bad boys is the business. I have sold 7/8 autocad setups the past year and they have all went for these. Hard to beat for value. not sure if they ship to ROI, but i am sure plenty of other suppliers do around same price.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Displays/Monitors/TFT+24+%2B/24%22+Iiyama+Prolite+B2409HDS+Widescreen+Monitor+with+DVI%2C+HDMI+and+HAS+?productId=37576

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

mocata wrote: »
    2 or 3 of these bad boys is the business. I have sold 7/8 autocad setups the past year and they have all went for these. Hard to beat for value. not sure if they ship to ROI, but i am sure plenty of other suppliers do around same price.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Displays/Monitors/TFT+24+%2B/24%22+Iiyama+Prolite+B2409HDS+Widescreen+Monitor+with+DVI%2C+HDMI+and+HAS+?productId=37576

From their site
    Eire
    Deliveries to Eire are charged at £26.95 for up to 5 kg. For parcels weighing above 5 kg, there is an additional charge of £2.30 per kg.

shoutman wrote: »
    From their site
    Eire
    Deliveries to Eire are charged at £26.95 for up to 5 kg. For parcels weighing above 5 kg, there is an additional charge of £2.30 per kg.

Looks good its my favourite that i've seen so far

This chair looks good value for money unless i can get arm rest for the the argos one. good luck.

Bought this chair today, very comfortable, great recline action on it and very easy to assemble.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Thats a good monitor. i have the prolite B2403WS and paid around 600/700 about 2 years ago for it.

try mesh computers also. they do high spec at low prices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Maybe a couple of these could do you .
    Samsung Syncmaster 23,6”2494LW 1920x1080 resolution. €199
    I bought one last week.Super resolution and picture quality. I also have a 23" version but would recommend 2 x 24" screens.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=482707

Regarding the chair here is one which I also bought. Super price and quality €50

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?pr=QDN&id=978405

Maybe a couple of these could do you .
    Samsung Syncmaster 23,6”2494LW 1920x1080 resolution. €199
    I bought one last week.Super resolution and picture quality. I also have a 23" version but would recommend 2 x 24" screens.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=482707

Looks great. Where are their stores based? Does it cost much for delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Dell i7, serious machines.

• Advertisement

Got my i7 delivered yesterday, very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Looks great. Where are their stores based? Does it cost much for delivery?

They are based in Dublin
    Delivery is €12.50 for 10KG and less.
    Delivery is €15.00 for 10KG-30KG.
    Delivery normally takes 1-3 days

http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.asp?action=custserv&topic=delcost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I can't recommend ankermann-pc enough.

Take this for example

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/?lang=en then click on

Komplettsystem INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9400/4096MB/500GB/9500GT

Perfect for what you're looking for, only thing is it won't have an operating system on it. If your'e happy with getting windows Vista or 7 or even XP separately from somewhere, you can't go far wrong. the machine linked above is €400 and delivery would be about 30 quid.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Where did you get it? Do you have a link?

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/studio-xps-8000?c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1

studio-xps-8000-design1.jpg

Processor and Chipset
    Intel® Core i5
    Intel® Core i7
    Intel® P55 Chipset

Intel® CoreTM i5 750 Processor (2.66GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 8MB L2 Cache)
    Up to Intel® CoreTM i7 870 Processor (2.93GHz , 1333MHz FSB, 8MB L2 Cache)
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-Bit
    Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Memory
    Up to 16GB Dual-Channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4 DIMMs1

Four (4) user-accessible DIMM connectors
    Graphics
    Discrete graphics options from ATI and Nvidia with Blu-Ray DiscTM playback capability
    Up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX260 1.8GB1
    Audio and Speakers
    Integrated 7.1 channel High Definition Audio

Optional Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster® X-FiTM Xtreme Audio (D)† or Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster® X-Fi TM Titanium (D)†

† Certain components may differ from the retail version.
    Hard Drives
    Up to 1.5TB configured with a 7200 RPM SATA hard drive.
    Up to 3TB configured with 2 hard drive bays utilized.

With two hard disk drives, optional RAID 0 (striping) or RAID 1 (mirroring with Data Security DataSafeTM Internal)

External Connections
    Additional drives can connect to eSATA, 1394 and/or USB 2.0 ports
    Optical Drives
    Blu-ray DiscTM reader, burner and DVD +/- RW options available; Dual drive options available
    Communications
    Integrated
    10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet LAN on system board

Optional
    Internal Wireless-N
    Ports
    Top Ports
    USB 2.0 (2)
    19-in-1 media card reader
    Headphone port
    Microphone / Line-in port

Front Ports
    USB 2.0 (2)

Rear Ports
    IEEE 1394a
    RJ45 10/100/1000 Network port
    Line-in connector
    Front L/R line-out connector
    Back L/R surround connector
    Side L/R surround connector
    Center/subwoofer connector
    Microphone connector
    USB 2.0 (4)
    eSATA
    S/PDIF connector

Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card
    MiniSD
    Hi-Capacity Secure Digital (SDHC) class2
    Hi-Capacity Secure Digital (SDHC) class4
    Hi-Capacity Secure Digital (SDHC) class6
    Multi Media Card (MMC)
    RS Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
    Multimedia Card Plus (MMC+)
    Multimedia card Mobile
    Memory Stick (MS)
    Memory Stick Duo
    Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
    Memory Stick PRO Duo
    Memory Stick Micro
    Compact Flash I
    Compact Flash II
    Smart Media Card (SM)
    xD Picture Card (xD)
    Micro Drive (MD)
    Expansion Slots
    PCI: 1 slot
    PCIe x1: 2 slots
    PCIe x16 (Graphics): 1 slot
    Chassis and Case
    Dimensions & Weight
    Height: 16.1" (40.9 cm)
    Width: 7.3" (18.5 cm)
    Depth: 17.9" (454.67 mm)
    Weight: about 22.4 lbs (10.18 kg)
    Power
    Power: 350 Watts
    Security
    Cable lock chassis security slot
    Drive Bays
    Three 3.5": (two internal, one external)
    Two 5.25" bays
    Memory DIMM slots: 4 available
    Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
    Regulatory Model: D03M
    Regulatory Type: D03M001

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

It's my favourite so far. Seriously thinking of getting it now. My fingers are so close to buyin it but I think i'll wait until next week to see if I can find something better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/pictures/ie/vkg/sk/lg/979260_sk_lg.jpg

I've this chair from Viking. Although its on the expensive side(i got it for half price :D)...it really does wonders for the back....especially if you have any lower back ache from sitting for hours in front of a computer.

Is there anywhere in dublin vikingdirect have a store?. Liking the new additions shoutman, i think i got my desktop abit to quick. Dell have some great sales now and then. I need a chair, desk (any recommendations?) and mayble another screen to dual up. A thread for post your setup wouldnt be a bad idea.

It's my favourite so far. Seriously thinking of getting it now. My fingers are so close to buyin it but I think i'll wait until next week to see if I can find something better

For the performance value, it's well worth the money, pretty damn awesome if i do say so.

• Advertisement

Is there anywhere in dublin vikingdirect have a store?. Liking the new additions shoutman, i think i got my desktop abit to quick. Dell have some great sales now and then. I need a chair, desk (any recommendations?) and mayble another screen to dual up. A thread for post your setup wouldnt be a bad idea.

It would be great if people posted their setups in here might give us some ideas

Advertisement