Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cool cafe's in limerick?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

There's a place on Bedford Row beside Figaro barbers, always great food in there and relaxed enough too. I'd have to give the thumbs down to Sage, nice surroundings but the food is bland and the prices are total extortionism. €6.20 for a cup of tea and a slice of tart! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

zuroph wrote: »
    lol. ur loss, snob. The place is a gem. and ruth, when ur nice and chatty to her will ALWAYS take care of you, and hold u a table, no matter how busy.

Ehh whats snobby about wanting to drink from a clean glass and eat with a clean knife and fork?!? Anywhere else that's called basic hygiene, not snobbyness :confused:

And customers aren't usually expected to be ''nice and chatty'' to the owners of a cafe/restaurant just to get served. But work away with the laughing and name-calling, whatever floats your boat mate.

EDIT: Its in 'Ruth's' best interests to hold you a table don't you think, you're hardly eating in the place for free :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I've never ever seen a dirty glass or cutlery in there, and I'd eat there very very regularily.
    As for the chatty thing, its part of the culture of the place, if it aint your thing fair enough, I like it, and i know lots of people agree. Its the banter and the friendly atmosphere, along with the top notch freshly prepared food that keeps the place full.
    As for holding the table, she'll fill that table whether Im there or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

French's on Catherine Street is run by the same people as Javas.

As for somewhere nice to eat café wise there's Jaffas on Henry Street. Not cheap, but nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

I've never ever seen a dirty glass or cutlery in there, and I'd eat there very very regularily.
    As for the chatty thing, its part of the culture of the place, if it aint your thing fair enough, I like it, and i know lots of people agree. Its the banter and the friendly atmosphere, along with the top notch freshly prepared food that keeps the place full.
    agreed. really like the place and the food. best avoided if you don't have a personality though!! the staff are very chatty and friendly..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Fully agree here never got dirty anything at the wild onion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sioda wrote: »
    Fully agree here never got dirty anything at the wild onion
    except a great big dirty elvis burger. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Indeed or a a half pounder cooked to order (rare in my preference) unique in Limeick :)

Thanks zuroph hungry now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I've never ever seen a dirty glass or cutlery in there

Yeah cos I'm making it up for the laugh :confused:
    Why are you so defensive over a feckin cafe? Is it so hard for you to accept that not everyone is bowled over by the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

grenache wrote: »
    There's a place on Bedford Row beside Figaro barbers, always great food in there and relaxed enough too. I'd have to give the thumbs down to Sage, nice surroundings but the food is bland and the prices are total extortionism. €6.20 for a cup of tea and a slice of tart! :eek:

The Cranberries have to keep up the high living lifestyle somehow!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement