Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

road rules

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

Darren_C wrote: »
    The general rule about overtaking is that it can only be done where it is safe to do so. .
    ...and does not cause inconvenience to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    It is not people like me that are damaging for cycling, it is drivers who do not understand the law that are bad for driving. Beeping at groups of cyclists because they are riding two abreast is just a demonstration of ignorance. I can't vouch for every cyclist out there, there are some pretty shocking ones, but like I said before (it obviously didn't register) I have never been on a spin where people tried to block traffic or inconvenience road users. Going back to last weekend, again, coming over the Sally Gap there were drivers who were able to overtake properly without endangering themselves or us, and then there were those who seemed to struggle with when confronted with a group of cyclists who have switched to single file to let them pass. Again, this is bad driving. And a bad driver is going to point to the cyclists and not themselves.

That is actually one of the best delivered descriptions of the reality of situation I've seen put down - good job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

You haven't seen some of the boardsies here motoring along -low speed it ain't.

With the greatest respect to everyone concerned, it'll be no faster than any group I've seen in the past - and I still fancy any reasonable car.

I did once beat a Lotus over 300 metres from the lights, but I'm not sure he knew it was a race...

Advertisement