Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best MMA Camps in the World

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think Egan is a great prospect but not an MMA great (yet), he was totally owned by Hathaway, but i'm sure he'll be back and much better for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Judging a fighter based on one fight makes the baby jesus cry. C'mon guys give it a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Killme00 wrote: »
    Judging a fighter based on one fight makes the baby jesus cry. C'mon guys give it a rest.

I don't think anyone's judging him based on one fight. He simply hasn't done enough yet to prove himself as a top level figher. What's his pro record, 3 wins and 2 losses or something like that?

We're not insulting him, we're just being realistic.

Maybe the problem is people have different definitions of "top level". For me, top level is literally top level, so it would be someone who can compete with the very best from the UFC.

Anyway, we should probably make a new thread rather than continuining to derail this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Maybe the problem is people have different definitions of "top level". For me, top level is literally top level, so it would be someone who can compete with the very best from the UFC.

I agree that the top level would be fighters of the caliber of consisent winners in the UFC, WEC, Dream, Strikeforce, Cage Rage etc. I just dont think there is any need to argue about Tom Egan (on both sides), why cant he just be allowed to get back in the ring/cage and get on with it.

Also by Irish standards i think the guys in SBG would be at the top along with EFR.
    *disclaimer* this is based on the very small sample of fight nights that i have been to (Fight before Christmas, Rumble in Rush, Ultimate Conflict, Rings lol and what i have seen online if Irish fighters).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 subvictory

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Do you really think he is a top level MMA competitor and that I'm just being mean?

Or does it upset you that I am being realistic?

No, I'm Just pointing out that you sound like a rosette winning knob with your strike through lark. Your not being smart or clever, just a dick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

cletus wrote: »
    siochain wrote: »

Stating that a fighter is not a top level competitor (he's not) is not fighter bashing, simply putting forward an opinion

have you ever watced any professional sport and passed comment on it? that what fans do, all the time, or do you think that the only people allowed to discuss the UFC and its fighters, should be those who have competed professionally, or better yet, only those who have competed in the UFC itself.

Yeah you have a point, I have no issues with anyone making an informed comment but yes I do have an issue with arm chair MMA experts who have seen a few TUF's and a few UFC's and reckon they know it all judging a competitor. When they have no idea the pain and sweat it takes to compete at a high level, no idea what it takes to step onto a mat or into a ring and face someone one on one at any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

:rolleyes: @ the amount of knickers in twists on this thread.

Tom isn't a top level fighter by any definition. Saying that isn't being a dick, it is just stating the obvious. Some people seem to forget that he's only had a few fights. I don't even think he has fought any of the top Irish guys at his weight, though I could be wrong on that. Let him get back competing and maybe he'll become a top level guy. Fair play to him if he does, it would be great to see more Irish guys get a shot at the big time. He is fighting in that show in Mayo next month, why don't you guys stop arguing and go buy some tickets, it looks like a great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Yeah you have a point, I have no issues with anyone making an informed comment but yes I do have an issue with arm chair MMA experts who have seen a few TUF's and a few UFC's and reckon they know it all judging a competitor. When they have no idea the pain and sweat it takes to compete at a high level, no idea what it takes to step onto a mat or into a ring and face someone one on one at any level.
    True that, but it's the nature of spectator sports that people will comment on it. If people pay however much it cost for a UFC ticket in the point then they are entitiled to have an opinion on the fights.

subvictory wrote: »
    No, I'm Just pointing out that you sound like a rosette winning knob with your strike through lark. Your not being smart or clever, just a dick.

I'm not trying to be smart or clever, and I have to say I'm qiote puzzled that you are interpreting my posts that way. I just don't see any point in pretending Tom is a top level fighter - no one benefits from that.

If you can't understand this, or honestly can't see that Tom isn't a top level fighter, well you should stop posting because you're just embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

Shute boxe

• Advertisement

siochain wrote: »

You don't need to feel pain in the ring to be able to spot the difference between someone who is a top level fighter and someone who isn't.

It's not exactly rocket science.

Listen, you're obviously his mate or a family member. You're totally misinterpreting posts here and taking them personally. I suggest you take a breather, and come back and read them with an open mind and you'll see no one is attacking your hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Have to agree with the above Tom Egan is no where near top level and to get upset that someone is stating the obvious is a bit pointless and immature.Lets keep it real as they say!!

On topic id internationally greg jacksons ,closer to home the wolfslair are churning out some decent fighters and london chute box have some exciting up and coming talent too,some which have made UFC appearances!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

I thought Chute Box broke up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Top 3 in my opinion based on current form owuld be Jacksons MMA, Xtreme Couture and American Top Team.

American Kickboxing Academy and Miletich Fighting Systems are close behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

American Top Team is another strong team.

I always thought Miletich had a decent camp but they were at their strongest in the UFC when a lot of the top guys were over in Pride

It would be interesting to spend a few weeks with fedor and his gang at that little kid's park you see them training in. Maybe their facility has improved somewhat

Advertisement