Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best MMA Camps in the World

Options
  • 12-10-2009 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wondering what MMA Camps people consider been the best in the world

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

Stu Hart's Dungeon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Big Bear. Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

What exactly is at Big Bear?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Jason Mc wrote: »

Big bear is a high altitude training location in the mountains in California. Oscar Dela hoya trains there as does Tito Ortiz and Rampage before he went to Wolfslair. Eat sleep and train kinda place

I think the OP is referring to the best training camp as in a gym set up in which case it would be either Jacksons or ATT.

Jason Mc wrote: »

I have no idea but Tito Ortiz goes on about it all the time so it must be good. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

SBG all the way

SBG all the way

I've a lot of time for SBG, I've done a LOT of training with various SBG heads, but they don't to my knowledge have many (any?) top level MMA competitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Johnny Drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

If I had a choice I would go to either

Cotoure's
    Greg Nelson and Paulsons
    or Chute Boxe

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    I've a lot of time for SBG, I've done a LOT of training with various SBG heads, but they don't to my knowledge have many (any?) top level MMA competitors.

well Tom Egan http://thetankegan.com/

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055457768

I think that he is top level fighter:)

• Advertisement

am I feeding a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    am I feeding a troll?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Jacksons MMA, Albaquerque New Mexico. <- this is a fullstop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Nope but nice try:rolleyes:

Tom Egan is not a "top level MMA competitor". If you want to say he is a "top level MMA competitor", no problem, we are in agreement.

My problem with Xtreme Couture is that it's a franchise, so the quality may not be consistent in each gym.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Tom Egan is not a "top level MMA competitor". If you want to say he is a "top level MMA competitor", no problem, we are in agreement.

My problem with Xtreme Couture is that it's a franchise, so the quality may not be consistent in each gym.

Ok my mistake:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

and now your going to let us know about your vast and extensive mma record and experience.................... :rolleyes:

siochain wrote: »
    and now your going to let us know about your vast and extensive mma record and experience.................... :rolleyes:

How is my MMA record in any way relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Greg Neslons definetly desrves a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd say Greg Jackson's camp (minus the vaseline :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 subvictory

W@nker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭cletus

with regards to the Tom Egan comments on the thread, I would imagine that people are considering a "top level MMA competitor" to be somebody who competes and can hold their own with the best in the world at their weight class on a regular and consistant basis, thus GSP, Anderson Silva etc.

In this sense, Tom is not a "top level MMA competitor", nor is it an insult to say so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

These things change all the time, Camp Miletich at one point had 3 UFC world champs under one roof, now they're profile isn't so high. As for the other thing, I think people are being too defensive, Egan would be top level in Ireland no doubt, maybe Europe, but not world level just yet. Discussing local fighters isn't allowed by the rules anyway (i think).

subvictory wrote: »
    W@nker.

Do you really think he is a top level MMA competitor and that I'm just being mean?

Or does it upset you that I am being realistic?

How is my MMA record in any way relevant?

to be able to class who and who isn't top class either locally, nationally or internationally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 koking

I think the blackhouse deserves a mention but not sure if it is still goin, it had anderson silva, lyoto machida, vitor belfort, big nog to name a few

Do you really think he is a top level MMA competitor and that I'm just being mean?/QUOTE]

Yes nationally and I have no doubt the best is yet to come.
    Or does it upset you that I am being realistic?

Maybe its the history of bashing the fighter in question here, do I recall a banning for it in the past.

to be able to class who and who isn't top class either locally, nationally or internationally.

I do not need to be a top level MMA competitor to understand who is or isn't a top level MMA competitor.

You're not making any sense.

Maybe its the history of bashing the fighter in question here, do I recall a banning for it in the past.

You have me confused with someone else.

The only time I have ever said anything negative about any fighter in this forum is when I questioned Tom promoting his religion on his website. As someone with an interest in marketing, I did not think it was a good move.

I would love if he becomes a great, successful fighter, but he is not at that stage yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭cletus

Do you really think he is a top level MMA competitor and that I'm just being mean?/QUOTE]

Yes nationally and I have no doubt the best is yet to come.

Stating that a fighter is not a top level competitor (he's not) is not fighter bashing, simply putting forward an opinion

have you ever watced any professional sport and passed comment on it? that what fans do, all the time, or do you think that the only people allowed to discuss the UFC and its fighters, should be those who have competed professionally, or better yet, only those who have competed in the UFC itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Blackhouse, Jackson's camp and probably MFS even though the guys from there have fallen from grace slightly.

Just for the record, I don't want to get involved with the other debate, but if you're a public figure, then you are there to be commented on, good and bad. And I say that as someone who knows and likes Tom. I think it's fair to say that the guys defending him train at his gym or are his mates.

Advertisement