Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price comparison for upcoming PS3 titles in various online sites

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I traded in games yesterday in Gamestop(Batman, Il-2, Fifa 09 lol, MOH:Airborne) and the guy asked would I like to use the trade-in value against a preorder(as you get slightly more credit that way with certain tradeins).

I asked about Uncharted 2 and he said it was gona be 70euro! I wonder did he mean some special edition coz 70 is a disgrace for the normal product. I politely said no thanks and just took the normal trade-in credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone know hmv's in store price yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Anyone know hmv's in store price yet?

i rang in HMV and the guy said that they will be selling Uncharted 2 for 45 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Recently I've found HMV to be the cheapest by far for new games, in terms of bricks and mortar shops anyway. Like the other day they had Halo: ODST for €40 where everywhere else I saw had it for 45 and were selling the pre-owned copies for 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

jmx009 wrote: »
    i rang in HMV and the guy said that they will be selling Uncharted 2 for 45 euros.

Yup I was told the same, and it's €49.99 in xtravision.

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I'm going to givew Zavvi's online store a shot and see how long it takes them to send it over. Fallout GOTY and Borderlands will come to about 70 euro together.

Two things I'm worried about: That they'll arrive sharpish, and that borderlands will be a good game!

edit: Actual cost in Euro is 69.51. That's great value. I hope.

Scráib wrote: »
    I'm going to givew Zavvi's online store a shot and see how long it takes them to send it over. Fallout GOTY and Borderlands will come to about 70 euro together.

Two things I'm worried about: That they'll arrive sharpish, and that borderlands will be a good game!

edit: Actual cost in Euro is 69.51. That's great value. I hope.

Royal Mail strike could seriously effect it. Friends in UK all received their uncharted 2 copies today as GAME and Shopto sent last week to avoid the strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,069 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Royal Mail strike could seriously effect it. Friends in UK all received their uncharted 2 copies today as GAME and Shopto sent last week to avoid the strike.

that Royal mail strike only effects normal post

anything like first class post wont be effected so says the ebay seller I bought a dvd off and have received

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

This is the first I've heard about a strike. Lovely timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I take it that'll effect my amazon "Super saver delivery"? Gah, i'm renting the game tomorrow morning, can't wait til next week :P

• Advertisement

According to bbc news the strike hasent started yet.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8307394.stm

I recieved a package today , shipped from the uk on tuesday. Hopefully i'll get Uncharted 2 from sendit tomorrow.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 26,339 ✭✭✭✭noodler

CombatCow wrote: »
    According to bbc news the strike hasent started yet.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8307394.stm

I recieved a package today , shipped from the uk on tuesday. Hopefully i'll get Uncharted 2 from sendit tomorrow.

CC

When did it ship?

Sendit are fairly similar to play in my experience. Thats 5-7 days.

Uncharted shipped on Tuesday aswell, generally I get stuff from them in 4-5 days. Anyway for £34 delivered I wont be too miffed if it comes on monday :D

CC

Well no one has broke release. Pity I use to love broken release dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

My order from amazon shipped today, so i'll probably have it next week - suits me!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Here is another sites that compares prices ( including postage)
    http://gamespider.co.uk/

Advertisement