Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price comparison for upcoming PS3 titles in various online sites

Options
  • 12-10-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone, i have created a spreadsheet comparing the prices of 4 upcoming big ps3 titles over the next month or so.

Please note: Inorder to convert to euros (for some sites like tescoentertainment.com) , i have used the google currency converter.
    Dont yell at me if there is a slight variant in prices.
    Also i have rounded of figures. For eg the assasins creed 2 in coolshop.co.uk is 36.77 pounds. I rounded it to 37 pounds while doing the conversion.

One more thing the conversions where done on 12th october 2009. The currency rate could go up or down at any time. So dont yell at me if you find the figures slightly different when you do the math.

Here is the data, if you dont want to download the file (it looks more organised in the actual excel file) .
    Name Retailler Price ( in euros )
    Uncharted 2 game.co.uk 43
    MW2 game.co.uk 48.5
    dragon age origi game.co.uk 43
    Assasins creed 2 game.co.uk 43

Uncharted 2 www.coolshop.co.uk 40
    MW2 coolshop.co.uk 41
    Dragon age origins coolshop.co.uk Not Listed
    Assasins creed 2 coolshop.co.uk 40

MW2 gamenash 65
    Uncharted 2 gamenash 63

Uncharted 2 tescoentertaintment.com 41
    MW2 tescoentertaintment.com 48.5
    Dragon age origins tescoentertaintment.com 41
    Assasins creed 2 tescoentertaintment.com 40

Uncharted 2 play.com 52
    MW2 play.com 58.49
    dragon age origi play.com 52
    Assasins creed 2 play.com 52

Uncharted 2 cdwow.ie 42
    MW2 cdwow.ie 48
    dragon age origi cdwow.ie 42
    Assasins creed 2 cdwow.ie 42

Uncharted 2 sendit.ie 45.5
    MW2 sendit.ie 54
    dragon age origi sendit.ie 45.5
    Assasins creed 2 sendit.ie 45.5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

damn, after all that hardwork the data looks all cramped up. Download the file if you want an organised view.
    If somebody else wants to copy the data and structure it an better way, please feel free to do so ( as long as u post it in this thread )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

wouldnt it make more sense to group the games together rather than the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

easier to use this?

http://www.gamestracker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

While I don't want to detract from your list too much, you are comparing ONE Irish store from a bunch of UK stores who are always going to be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Do they all include shipping?

Good job by the way and thanks for Gametracker as well johnny_adidas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I use this site, can also select games you want to "price watch", type in the value you want to pay for the game & they email you when the game drops to or below that price. Great for alerting you for preorder bargains or if your willing to wait a while for a price to drop.

www.find-games.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Interesting... games tracker has Uncharted 2 down as 40 euro in HMV (Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Humm and Fallout 3 GOTY for €35 , may have to cancel my HUT order..... :eek:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Interesting... games tracker has Uncharted 2 down as 40 euro in HMV (Ireland).

Its a price from HMV.co.uk, delivering to ireland. http://www.gamestracker.com/buy-uncharted-2-among-thieves-compare-prices-ps3.htm

All games are great value from uk right now - also amazon are now doing free ireland delivery. I pre-ordered uncharted 2 for €39 (free delivery) on Saturday.

Dave

Its a price from HMV.co.uk, delivering to ireland. http://www.gamestracker.com/buy-uncharted-2-among-thieves-compare-prices-ps3.htm

All games are great value from uk right now - also amazon are now doing free ireland delivery. I pre-ordered uncharted 2 for €39 (free delivery) on Saturday.

Dave

Will you get it on friday though? Might do the same...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dave

Thanks!

preordered from Amazon. Never had any problems with them and am willing to wait for sub €40 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

easier to use this?

*checks for Borderlands on gamestracker, lists it for €34 in Zavvi*

*goes downstairs, gets drink, comes back upstairs, spurts drink onto monitor in amazement*

Dude, thanks for the linking that site. Cheap games ahoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

CombatCow wrote: »
    Humm and Fallout 3 GOTY for €35 , may have to cancel my HUT order..... :eek:

CC

Sorry wheres that?

noodler wrote: »
    Sorry wheres that?

Noodler,

Its amazon with free delivery. Linkage

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Noodler,

Its amazon with free delivery. Linkage

Thanks, Im going to wander up to XV 2m and check how much they are charging cos I'd like to get rid of my non-GOTY edition too.

HMV aswell, but im wondering if they just converted the english price, i'll give the store a ring tomorrow.

http://www.gamestracker.com/fallout-3-goty-ps3.htm

CC

Anyone know how much xtravision are charging for uncharted 2?

easier to use this?

I didnt know about this site or else i wouldnt have made the list.
    Just to let you know though. gamestracker.com doesnt list the webste http://www.coolshop.co.uk . I find this website to have the cheapest rate of all the other sites. ( amazon.co.uk with the occasional free delivery to ireland might beat http://www.coolshop.co.uk on some games.)

i should've added to my post that i wasn't knocking the good work you'd done. dont think it lists gamesnash either so also has its limits.

hadnt even heard of coolshop before, so must have a look

Has anyone ever used the following websites?
    DVD.CO.UK
    BlahDVD.com
    101cd.com

I got the above 3 websites from gamestracker. All 3 of them have infamous for around 18-19 euros. I've never heard of them before. Has anyone ever used it before?

• Advertisement

have used DVD.CO.UK & BlahDVD.com without problem in the past

*runs off to order infamous*

BTW its listed as the platinum version which wont be released til next month

BTW its listed as the platinum version which wont be released til next month

Ooh... I didnt realise that. Thank you for pointing that out to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Do coolshop.co.uk deliver free to Ireland ?

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Do coolshop.co.uk deliver free to Ireland ?

yea they do. I asked them.

Just an FYI on Fallout 3 GOTY, it's gonna be €44.99 on friday instore in HMV, and err Uncharted 2 is gonna be a whopping €70 in Gamestop :eek:

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭QenTox

CombatCow wrote: »
    Just an FYI on Fallout 3 GOTY, it's gonna be €44.99 on friday instore in HMV, and err Uncharted 2 is gonna be a whopping €70 in Gamestop :eek:

CC

Where do you have this info from? When I pre-ordered (I traded in 2 crappy games and got €30 for each) my copy of Uncharted 2 from GameStop, I've been told, that they will probably price match HMV's price in case it will be cheaper there.

I rang both the stores just out of interest and was really surprised by the price of Uncharted, I dont know if thay will price match HMV, Did'nt ask.

CC

€69.99 is the RRP for uncharted 2 but i didn't expect that price from Gamestop. Guess it'll be amazon getting my cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,037 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks the pound is weak against the euro today. Buy those games from the uk asap

• Advertisement

70 euro???!! Amazon it is.

Advertisement