Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tues October 13th @19:15 in Wesley2 - Boardeaux FC V ODwyerski FC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Ciaran was a yellow, Cathal a red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Ah ok, so Cathal will miss next week then and Ciaran wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Straight red so he misses the next two according to the rules sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

forgot to say, jules 2nd with about 8 or 9 left was a cracker.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We were extremely poor in the first half, the opposition were queing up to shoot numerous times outside the box.

In saying that we fought back bravely and had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

Ciaran was immense all over the place tackling and harrassing blatant handball by their guy just before he was sin binned.

Cathal.. pretty nasty elbow in the balls and we all know what happened after that. Can't argue with the red.

Can someone explain how we scored the last goal?? I crossed it in, did one of their defenders head it back to Gav and the he headed it in??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Missed the first 10 minutes and should've been 1-0 up before 3 quick fire strikes with the third being the worst. Couldn't see the comeback..

Great header and strike for the first two and great reading of the game to react first for the third.

Seven goals in two games and to be honest, I thought the ref could've sent at least more off towards the end. Lost discipline though it did provide the determination to get the equaliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

their goalie came rushing off his line for the last goal for no reason, nice finish but it was a gift.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looks like we're down to 6th after 3 games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Dearg81 wrote: »
    their goalie came rushing off his line for the last goal for no reason, nice finish but it was a gift.

I think Jule might have gotten a touch to it.

emc2 wrote: »
    I think Jule might have gotten a touch to it.

fair play on some astute changes last 15 minutes to get us back in the game by the way, everything helped, everybody played their part.

i know i was disapointed after the game and so were a few more, but i think at half time we would have taken it with bells on. the 9 men, no matter how short it was for, seemed to get to them, even their keeper was shouting it when we were piling forward. looking at it now, it was as you said, a point gained.

the team on top only drew also, so in reality lads, we are no worse off this week. lets get on a run of 5 or 6 wins now and, given the fact that we play all the teams above us anyway, we willl be top. we normally set the pace, as has been the case past 2 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

i would like to say first of i was one of the people that tore into the ref and i am sorry about that i just had a ****e day with my son cause found out he could be having an operation before christmas.

Secondly i would just like to say that i taught the the second half permforance last night was excellent and we were lucky not to get three points from our goal in the first half whoch i actually think would have made a big difference in the outcome of the first half. i taught ken played very well in the first half and Jules was outstanding in the second half great that he was able to make it.

so once again sorry for my outburst last night.

your grand clay, he got to us all, but instead of having a go at him, it helped us to focus and that extra little bit og anger helped us get back into the game.. the decision before cathals red was a joke and he could have allowed our goal in the 1st half. he also gave alot against us.

we never get any breaks off refs, even new ones like him last night. we reacted very positively to it though which is great.

ciaran said he got binned for an elbow, not mouthing by the way.

Mall10357 wrote: »
    i would like to say first of i was one of the people that tore into the ref and i am sorry about that i just had a ****e day with my son cause found out he could be having an operation before christmas.

Secondly i would just like to say that i taught the the second half permforance last night was excellent and we were lucky not to get three points from our goal in the first half whoch i actually think would have made a big difference in the outcome of the first half. i taught ken played very well in the first half and Jules was outstanding in the second half great that he was able to make it.

so once again sorry for my outburst last night.

Don't worry about it Clay. We all need to learn that we can't talk back to the Ref at all.
    He gave myself and Collie a b0llixing after the match about all the abuse and back chat he was getting during the game.

Lads we had this last season, when the ref makes a decision he's not gonna change his mind, best thing to do is get on with the game and do your best to win. If you keep giving a ref hassle he'll never give anything our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I got over the fact that the referees in this league are ****e a long time ago. No use arguing with them. Just get on with it. Went to physio today and reckons I'm out for 10 days so I'll miss one game more only with a bit of luck.

i think the opposite keith is true on some cases. some refs will give you a dodgy decision if they think they done something wrong. we got a few late breaks last couple of seasons from dodgy decisions.

no ref will deliberately screw you over cos honestly, they dont really care! how many times for example, have you seen a ref give a penalty to one team and then to the other? even-ing things up .

i think the opposite keith is true on some cases. some refs will give you a dodgy decision if they think they done something wrong. we got a few late breaks last couple of seasons from dodgy decisions.

no ref will deliberately screw you over cos honestly, they dont really care! how many times for example, have you seen a ref give a penalty to one team and then to the other? even-ing things up .
    I've seen it plenty but the reverse is true where its a stonewall penalty and if you've been hassling the ref for the game he just waves it away.

I have to say that the ref last night wasn't the worst one we had. He missed a couple of thing (the guy catching the ball for example) but over all we wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

First let's get the negatives out of the way: twas a big shock to arrive at half-time and find us 3 down and starting the 2nd with a strange lack of cohesion; 2nd half we started off very quiet, particularly while the ball is actually in play we're not talking to each other enough; 7 goals in 2 games is worrying; we're going backwards on the discipline front - notice how we only ever get involved in rows with refs or the opposition when we're not exactly on top form ourselves; ref could easily have binned a few more of our players; I had one chance with back to goal where I was too focused on executing the turn&shoot that I didn’t hear Art screaming for it – apologised to him afterwards for not laying it off.

Now the positives:

-My meeting finished early and I was like a kid getting off school early legging it out of there as fast as I could!

-Coming back from 3-0 down in any match, against any opposition is an outstanding demonstration of fighting spirit and belief. You can't buy that, you either have it as a team or you don't. Like Ed said, another 5 minutes and we'd have taken the 3 points.

-We really got the dander up in the last 15, in part due to the sense of injustice of perceived wrongs from the ref, but the extra edge it gave us was noticeable: we gave them much less time on the ball and we won far more 50-50s and breaking balls as the game went on. True we did get too hyped and too argumentative at times but if we can keep just the right side of that line and keep the dander up at that level, we’ll be a nightmare for any team to play against cos they’ll have to work for everything they get.

-Michael made some good changes in the second-half and did not fall into the trap of going gung-ho too early: get a foothold in the game, nick a goal to get a lifeline, stabilize for 5 minutes, and then go all-out cos you already have the opposition on the backfoot before going all-out so they are already less likely to expose the space you leave behind. That's exactly the way Michael played it and I thought it was spot on.

-They are a decent side and though we might think it was 2 points lost, they could be in the shakeup at the end as they are a decent team, so instead of a point rescued, it might be a 3-point swing if we are head-to-head with them at the end.

-There were a fair few new combinations and partnerships used in the course of that game so that’s an extra game under the belt for those players to get used to playing alongside each other and that’ll stand to us.

-That’ll have driven out any remaining shreds of complacency: I don’t think anyone will be assuming we should be walking this league at this stage so we won’t take anything for granted after this and it’ll be back to focusing on grinding out 3 points each week.

-Well, at least there’s no need to worry about deciding goal of the season cos it’s clearly sorted already! :cool:

9 points from the next 3 games is a must. we play 2 of the bottom 4 with the team on top, the only unbeaten team, in the middle of those 2 games.

weve a few injuries so the squad will be tested over the coming weeks. im putting my operation on hold for now, so fingers crossed it lasts without too much hassle. the last nite was my first 30 minutes of playing with boards since june so im itching to get back into it now over the coming week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement