Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Roxboro Topaz at night - *negative thread warning*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

john_cappa wrote: »
    Hi,

1959 called......

they want their homophobic comments back

Personally never had any problems at Roxboro petrol station and use it reqularly as i live in o malley, especially since the petrol station on the old cork road closed down.

You made the mistake of getting the petrol when you seen what was going on. you shouldnt have put yourself in the situation mate. **** though.

He made the mistake? So the scum in the area should decide when a person can safely buy petrol or use the shop? Maybe he was wrong to want to spend his money in that area and help keep some jobs there. Christ knows the locals there are always quick to phone into Live95FM talking about how they don't have facilities in the area. Why bother with facilities if the scum are going to ruin them for people.

No wonder that side of Limerick has a terrible reputation if going into a filling station to buy petrol becomes an event where you have to check the forecourt to see if it is safe first.

It must be heartbreaking for people who have to live in the area and have scum like that dictate the reputation the area has, rightly or wrongly.

The only mistakes are the scrotes that hang around there trying to intimidate people and attack people. Those wastes of skin and oxygen are just going to stay the same way until the day they die, and will breed and have further litters of scum to help the cycle continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Hi,

1959 called......

Personally never had any problems at Roxboro petrol station and use it reqularly as i live in o malley, especially since the petrol station on the old cork road closed down.

You made the mistake of getting the petrol when you seen what was going on. you shouldnt have put yourself in the situation mate. **** though.

Are you seriously saying that the OP made the mistake by using the petrol station at a bad time i.e. when there are scumbags around? Look, I see your point but really, should we be accepting this in a "civil" society? IMO backing down and allowing this to continue (anywhere!) will only make it worse, these guys only understand one language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Hard men in groups, they work on intimidation I mean if you turn and get in there face chances are they would **** themselves, as they are expecting you to be scared by there hoddy's tranksuit pants and 10 year old runners and the smell of em.

Just to think we are paying for them to get hammered and high every night night of the week, they then knock up some girl so we gota pay for her house, then the baby grows up cycle starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Back to topic!
    OP I can totally understand you not wanting to make a complaint to the Gardai, but there are plenty of CCTV cameras in that area.
    One look at the footage and the Gardai will be able to ID the culprits.
    The Community Support Officer in that area would also be able to ID them.
    It might not necessarily end up in a prosecution, but at least they would know that they didnt just get away with it unoticed.

I've used that petrol station numerous times at midnight and as a lojne female felt a bit wary sometimes, but thankfully have never had anything happen to me.

And things like this unfortunately do happen All over Ireland.

OP hope your nose is feeling better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

, these guys only understand one language.

Actually I think they don't understand any language , and I don't mean spoken language .

No matter what the out come that night , they would have done the same thing the following night or the next time the situation came up . I understand where John Cappa is coming from , you don't walk into trouble if you can see it in front of you , even if you should be able to .

And no , I don't know what the answer is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

When Grenache was getting up and ready for work > Macca the Scumbag slept in another 4 hours.

When Grenache started into his 5th hour at work > Macca the Scumbag was getting ready to collect his dole (paid for by you, me and Grenache)

When Grenache was finishing work > Macca the Scumbag was finishing his Bostik and Dutch Gold Cocktail on the railway tracks.

When Grenache went for petrol > Macca the Scumbag felt the need to validate his place in Society by hitting people - but only when he was sure they were safely outnumbered 4-1.

Cnuts like this should be shot 6 times in their inbred faces - The ESRI says it will save us 750 Million in State benefits spent on glue, crap beer and burgers by w@nkers whose calling in life is wife beating and neglecting their kids while coasting on the Taxpayers wages.

Roxboro Gardaí have no interest in solving ordinary Crime or meeting any nasty, unpleasant Criminals - I've recently begun to believe that they are more interested in Suduko and their own innovative invention - gambling on Woodlouse racing in the Stations corridors......

I'm not sure which is worse - The Slacker Scum outside Roxboro Garda Station or the Slacker Scum inside Roxboro Garda Station - They are both robbing the Taxpayer blind while contributing nothing to Society as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Strong words there Raiser.

A little story;

Last week I saw an man about 60 on William street. It seems some young fellas had tried to steal his bike. They started to give him a story about how they were 'Only looking at the lock sir'. he took a stanley knife out of his pocket and chased all three of them. They ran into a building and up the stairs (thereby trapping themselves) he calmly walked in after them showing no fear. He then leapt up the stairs a few steps and they were begging him to leave them alone, one of them trying to phone the Police.

He left and related the details of the story to those of us who wanted to listen.

His main point was that if everyone stood up to these people they'd be less daring. As it is no one wants to get involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Strong words there Raiser.

A little story;

Last week I saw an man about 60 on William street. It seems some young fellas had tried to steal his bike. They started to give him a story about how they were 'Only looking at the lock sir'. he took a stanley knife out of his pocket and chased all three of them. They ran into a building and up the stairs (thereby trapping themselves) he calmly walked in after them showing no fear. He then leapt up the stairs a few steps and they were begging him to leave them alone, one of them trying to phone the Police.

He left and related the details of the story to those of us who wanted to listen.

His main point was that if everyone stood up to these people they'd be less daring. As it is no one wants to get involved.

So what you are saying is that in order to feel safe in limerick, each citizen should walk around with a stanley knife threatening feral children...

Hmm....Can't see that ending too well. Most cities in the world you don't have to resort to those tactics because they have a police force and judicial system that does what it is paid to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I guarantee you if you stood up to some scumbag they'd have you up on assualt, and you wouldnt get the "not his fault, poor upbringing, bless his cotton socks" sympathy from the judges who are too soft/afraid to dish out harsh sentences on the little pricks in this city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

OP hope your nose is feeling better:)
    Nose is a bit sore, but twill heel, thanks. Its my mind that needs looking after. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Hi,

1959 called......

Hello...

1985 called and they want their sarcastic set up lines back.

The Gardai are the ones who's job it is to deal with scum like that, common sense plays a small part but the Gardai are more interested in how little they can get away with doing in a day rather than actually cleaning the streets up.
    I am currently dealing with them on a completely separate matter and am waiting for them to contact me back after one of their famous "behind closed doors" processes....that apparently will take 2-3 months at first ... then 3-4 months.... now 4-5 months. They simply do not want to do a correct job and dont mind the Garda ombudsman... apparently they dont wanna hear a thing about it which was the laymans terms of a response I got.

Most major companies have a quality assurance department.... how would Irish Gardai fair in a full quality shakedown.... judging by the confidence the people have in them and hands on experience ... not very well, as illustrated by this sad story and many others I have heard.

Advertisement