Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Roxboro Topaz at night - *negative thread warning*

Options
  • 12-10-2009 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Just come from Roxboro Topaz where i pulled in to get some petrol. Group of scumbags hanging round the fourcourt and i should have known better to fill up there when i saw them, but alas hindsight is a great thing. So they're giving abuse to a Pakistani guy first, and after they're done with him and I walk up to pay at the window, one of them asks if i will buy him a packet of Skips. To which i make the fatal mistake of replying "no". Said scumbag pushes me and when i walk up to pay i get a punch in the nose for my troubles. The lovely locals then wandered off in the direction of Carew Park while i dusted myself off and paid for my petrol. The guy in the booth offered to call the guards but i really didn't see the point. Such is the lawless state of the city, what could i really expect the guards to do? Prosecute them, maybe give them a slap on the wrist and some community service while they're free the whole time to assault some other unfortunate passer-by? Pointless.

I won't be getting petrol there again, day or night. Its not the first run-in with vermin i've had there, but it certainly will be the last. I would advise everyone else to avoid stopping there at night, unless you fancy getting your face remoulded that is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not nice,wudnt wish it on my worst enemy.Is it broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

jackncoke wrote: »
    Not nice,wudnt wish it on my worst enemy.Is it broken?
    No, just bloodied. He punched like a sissy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

****ing scum bags!! How many of them was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I would have rammed a pertrol pump down the little ****heads throat. You should have asked him did he want the skips to make it smell like an inbred clown like him had got some pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

DarkJager wrote: »
    You should have asked him did he want the skips to make it smell like an inbred clown like him had got some pussy.
    Then he would have asked for Monster Munch, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Aidric wrote: »
    Then he would have asked for Monster Munch, no?

Jesus no, I would have thought Scampi Fries?? :D:D He obviously couldn't afford any thing other than Skips, after buying that expensive vibrating cock ring to make his boyfriend scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hes on camera and Roxboro Garda station is just around the corner. Report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not being funny now or anything but if you didnt report it to the cops, why are you on here about it?
    Regardlless of whether the boys in blue would actually do something or not (we all have a fair idea of what would have happened), you should have reported it anyway. What ever chance you have of the cops doing something about it, Boards.ie isnt going to do anything at all.

Personally I wouldnt go near that petrol station at the best of times as i had issues there with some local scumbags before. Wasnt punched though, but wouldn't use it again and if i was punched I'd be reporting it to the cops, not on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

vkid wrote: »
    Not being funny now or anything but if you didnt report it to the cops, why are you on here about it?
    Regardlless of whether the boys in blue would actually do something or not (we all have a fair idea of what would have happened), you should have reported it anyway. What ever chance you have of the cops doing something about it, Boards.ie isnt going to do anything at all.

Personally I wouldnt go near that petrol station at the best of times as i had issues there with some local scumbags before. Wasnt punched though, but wouldn't use it again and if i was punched I'd be reporting it to the cops, not on boards.ie

He's just letting people know ie warning them...whats wrong ith that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Man you should have just went psycho and jumped on him and went mental on his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

vkid wrote: »

I'm not trying to draw attention to myself or looking for sympathy, i'm merely warning other motorists who might consider getting petrol there late at night. I would not like to see this happen to somebody else. As for reporting it, like i said already, justice would not be served. The guy would might receive conviction number 52 on his record and get a slap on the wrist and thats it. There was 4 guys altogether so i wasn't going to hit back. Besides you dont know if any of them could have a knife. I wasn't going to risk being stabbed over a packet of crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

whatever you think yourself. I just think boards.ie is not the place for this unless you have reported it to the cops.
    Carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

grenache wrote: »
    Just come from Roxboro Topaz where i pulled in to get some petrol. Group of scumbags hanging round the fourcourt and i should have known better to fill up there when i saw them, but alas hindsight is a great thing. So they're giving abuse to a Pakistani guy first, and after they're done with him and I walk up to pay at the window, one of them asks if i will buy him a packet of Skips. To which i make the fatal mistake of replying "no". Said scumbag pushes me and when i walk up to pay i get a punch in the nose for my troubles. The lovely locals then wandered off in the direction of Carew Park while i dusted myself off and paid for my petrol. The guy in the booth offered to call the guards but i really didn't see the point. Such is the lawless state of the city, what could i really expect the guards to do? Prosecute them, maybe give them a slap on the wrist and some community service while they're free the whole time to assault some other unfortunate passer-by? Pointless.

I won't be getting petrol there again, day or night. Its not the first run-in with vermin i've had there, but it certainly will be the last. I would advise everyone else to avoid stopping there at night, unless you fancy getting your face remoulded that is.

That is a crappy thing to happen to you. I agree with what you said elsewhere in the thread about it not being worth getting injured or worse over a packet of crisps, especially given some of the animals that hang around that station, but it would do no harm to report it. If nothing else it may force a garda to actually come out of Roxboro station and into the sunlight.

You did right by saying it on here too as it could mean one person less going to that station and one less person at risk of an attack. Also the more people that hear about it then the less business the place gets. Then the owners can either do something about the security of the place or just close down like the Xtravision that was near it had to.

It is a shame that the area over there, that has thousands of good and decent people living there, has it's name tarnished by a few hundred pieces of scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

My mam nearly got mugged there one night walking back to the car 2 young scumbags ran past and tried to grab her bag but thankfully she held on and they ran off about 2 years ago.Is the xtravision closed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I'm not trying to draw attention to myself or looking for sympathy, i'm merely warning other motorists who might consider getting petrol there late at night. I would not like to see this happen to somebody else. As for reporting it, like i said already, justice would not be served. The guy would might receive conviction number 52 on his record and get a slap on the wrist and thats it. There was 4 guys altogether so i wasn't going to hit back. Besides you dont know if any of them could have a knife. I wasn't going to risk being stabbed over a packet of crisps.

I see where youre coming from on this. And there would have been little point in defending yourself unless you were confident you could handle the situation. It was, as you said, not worth getting stabbed over.

But the guards need to know about this kind of stuff. You should make the complaint, let them pull the footage and make a statement. That'll be it.

As regards possible outcomes, It might force Topaz to stop ignoring the issue that scumbags are hanging out at their premises at night. It might also result in a conviction for the bstard that gave you the smack. Then again, it might do nothing. But at least you'll know that you've done your level best to get something done about it.

Right now, that inbred toerag is riding high on the sense of power that he derived from smacking someone in the face in front of the rest of his neanderthal fckwit accomplices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

dont live far from there and was walking up there at around midnight about 2 years ago with a friend and 2 scobes started hassling my friend for money, I told them to fk off and one of them swung for me with a bottle of coke soI knocked the 2 of them out, gards picked us up when I did it but they just wanted us to confirm that they picked up the rights scobes!! Dont be afraid of going up there at all unless theres 5 or 6 of them otherwise just tell them to Fk off. most of them are only pu$$ies who wouldnt do a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Good decision. You're better off walking away when your out numbered. Then again, if he was on his own he probably wouldn't have touched you. ****ing chicken **** scumbags!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

In fairness OP, Skips are a very nice crisp.
    I can totally see his point.

Obviously I'm only messing. Scumbags must die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Stop giving limerick a bad image....that could have happened anywhere....not just Limerick....:rolleyes:.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

But it wouldnt happened at all if you were giving hugs and walking around with a big smile!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

But it wouldnt happened at all if you were giving hugs and walking around with a big smile!

:D

Or a hard-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Liam79 wrote: »
    Stop giving limerick a bad image....that could have happened anywhere....not just Limerick....:rolleyes:.........:D

Its a limerick forum,we know the problems here.Id imagine everyone here is a decent sort the op was pointing out it is a dodgy spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

i was being sarcastic..ya lemon....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

I would usually be wearing a pair of steel cap boots as I drive a bike and need them at work. If a scumbag attacks me, I attack back, there would have been a steel toe making a very painful connection with his balls and his mates too if they didn't get the message. I don't stand down from scum, I may as well be dead if I left scum like that rule my life.

On a side note, you should have reported the incident to the Gardai, that is what they are there for. Also, there was more than likely an unmarked squad car with two highly armed detectives less than 20 metres from you outside the Steering Wheel pub, they are there as a protection detail since the murder of Roy Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Liam79 wrote: »
    i was being sarcastic..ya lemon....:D

just in case: me too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

These groups of c*nts are always loitering outside every shop and garage across the city any night of the week. The guards should move them on. they have no business hanging around near shops other than to hassle staff and customers. Typically the guards just ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Happened to my mate too a few years back at this place....only it was a woman who threw the punch!! Although I'm not sure you could call a tracksuit-wearing olympic ear-ring wearing individual a woman!!

Basically tried to snatch the money from him as he paid at the window for petrol, so as soon as you stand up for yourself they swing a punch. Utter scum.

I'd love to get Chuck Norris to patrol the area. Or John Rambo. Or both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

Although I'm not sure you could call a tracksuit-wearing olympic ear-ring wearing individual a woman!!

well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

I just said to my husband the other day that this topaz gave me the heebie jeebies..even in broad daylight...
    sorry bout yer nose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

DarkJager wrote: »
    Jesus no, I would have thought Scampi Fries?? He obviously couldn't afford any thing other than Skips, after buying that expensive vibrating cock ring to make his boyfriend scream.

Hi,

1959 called......

they want their homophobic comments back

Personally never had any problems at Roxboro petrol station and use it reqularly as i live in o malley, especially since the petrol station on the old cork road closed down.

You made the mistake of getting the petrol when you seen what was going on. you shouldnt have put yourself in the situation mate. **** though.

Advertisement