Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elder scrolls 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

hope you are right , i loved oblivion , i did everything in the game (only took me 210 hours to do so ) and id love to see another elder scrolls being released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

:D:D:D
    Well it's 2010, where's my new elder scrolls?? I imagine they'll be focusing mostly on it at E3 this year

heres hoping but Bethesda are working on 3 other games at the moment Brink , Fallout new vegas and Hunted .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MadMattDog

Wth is New Vegas? Does anyone know if there will be a Fallout 4. Just got into 3 and I'm like "WHERE HAS THIS GAME BEEN FOR THE PAST 16 YEARS!!!??!". Its just so awesome.

Has anyone heard of any actual details?

New vegas is pretty much fallout 4 it`ll be out later this year
    http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/teaser.php
    theres the video of it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Dear God, please let it be true!!

an elder scrolls MMO would be quite interesting .

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Dear God, please let it be true!!

Meh, still nothing solid really. + The thought of an Elder Scrolls MMO .... just wow. And I mean the bad kind of 'wow' too. ;)

Best place for speculation is over at Bethesda's own forums imo.

Elder Scrolls MMO would kill the franchise. Fallout MMO would do the same. Unless, they are seperate releases to the storyline, because, if they are part of the stroy, how the **** will it fit in. Lets hope they keep both games to single player, and release MMO's seperatly(I dont care much for MMO's so I dont give a **** really)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

MadMattDog wrote: »
    Lets hope they keep both games to single player, and release MMO's seperatly(I dont care much for MMO's so I dont give a **** really)

I agree, no matter how good an MMO is, i dont think it could compare with Fallout 3, Morrowind or Oblivion. Hopefully when they release the new games there will be a delay between the two releases. If they both come out at the same time my brain will probably explode trying to decide which one to play:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I agree, no matter how good an MMO is, i dont think it could compare with Fallout 3, Morrowind or Oblivion. Hopefully when they release the new games there will be a delay between the two releases. If they both come out at the same time my brain will probably explode trying to decide which one to play:P

I wouldn't mind if they followed the Borderlands Formula of Single player story driven RPG but friends can help out. Would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Ugh ... the lack of information .. tantalising. :(

This game had better be better than sex when it comes out. Because I won't have time for a silly thing like a social life when it does finally come out. :D

Seriously though, just a conformation from Bethesda would be nice. Just to reassure fans it is being made and it will be out in such and such a year. Oblivion can only do so much to satisfy my TES hunger ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the_porkchop

creggy wrote: »
    I just hope they learnt their mistakes from Oblivion and Fallout. The small things really annoyed the most .e.g how your character ran when in 3rd person view and everyone sounding the same!

dont forget npc interaction

Orc: Any news from the other provinces?
    High Elf: Nothing I'd like to talk about
    Orc: Go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

wolfric wrote: »
    Actually if all you did was mash buttons then you really didn't understand the system at all. The basic form you could start off with is just keep on hitting your apponent. Then hitting and blocking recurring but it gets far more advanced than that. There is an oblivion mod that even adds a great deal of extra combat experience called deadly reflex (link).
    Even on the subject of power attacks the way you lead up to the power attack makes all the difference. For example timing the speed so that when you run backwards your enemy starts running full speed into you. When you run backwards and make a power attack you want them to just hit within your reach before they have a chance to attack or block. doing it this way has a chance to knock your enemy down. Go too far and you won't reach them too close they'll block. Continuous smashing with a sword is the least effective way to win a battle.

not to mention battling multiple opponents i.e. backing off slowly while trying to remember the route you took in reverse . or trying to find choke points so you dont have to battle them all at once

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

risen is the worst RPG ever. anyone else feel this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You realise this is a Elder Scrolls forum right ?
    I suggest if you want to talk about risen you post in the games forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Ah our traffic is low enough I'll take all the posts I can get ;)

On a serious note, lets try and stay on topic people

No news yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Not a thing at all, I doubt we will here anything until Fallout: New Vegas is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not a thing at all, I doubt we will here anything until Fallout: New Vegas is released.
    Bethesda aren't involved with New Vegas, why would that have anything to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Raphael wrote: »
    Bethesda aren't involved with New Vegas, why would that have anything to do with it.

They're still publishing it, get a cut of the money and will want it to succeed. If they announce TES V, it would take a lot of the focus and hype away.

I think they were also planning to release Fallout 4 before TES V (they said they would release two fallouts before they came back to TES, and I don't think they were talking about Fallout NV).

Also, I'd say with FO4 and TES V, we'll probably see a new engine and that would make FNV seem old and that means a lot to some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ah, didn;t realise they were still publishing it, thought it was just Obsidian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

Raphael wrote: »

take it easy, he was just replying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gavitron22

Monotype wrote: »
    I think they were also planning to release Fallout 4 before TES V (they said they would release two fallouts before they came back to TES, and I don't think they were talking about Fallout NV).

Also, I'd say with FO4 and TES V, we'll probably see a new engine and that would make FNV seem old and that means a lot to some people!

damn i didn't know that! it's kinda sad i was a kid playing morrowind, if they keep putting it off the generation who grew up on it will be old! not dinosaur old, but you know what i mean! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Well at least you won't be as old as those who played TES Arena!

It's 6 years since Daggerfall was released (4 since Redguard) and it was 4 between first morrowind and oblivion. We're now at 4 years since original oblivion. Surely they have something in the works? I think that we should have a trailer for something by the end of the year. Would FO4 and TESV for 2011 be plausible?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I wouldnt be all that surprised if TES V was officially announced towards the end of this year with a expected release date of Q4 2011 - which would mean TES V would probably be one of Beth's showcase games at E3 2011.

Although that would mean TES V would already have to be well into development . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I wouldnt be all that surprised if TES V was officially announced towards the end of this year with a expected release date of Q4 2011 - which would mean TES V would probably be one of Beth's showcase games at E3 2011.

Although that would mean TES V would already have to be well into development . . .

Well, they just posted two new jobs for Bethesda Game Studios which are world art positions. I don't think that suggests TES V is well into development. I'd predict that it'll be released in 2012. You can safely assume that they're building a new engine for the game which would argue for the duration of development time matching or exceeding the four year gap between Morrowind and Oblivion than the two and half year, between Oblivion and Fallout 3.

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Well, they just posted two new jobs for Bethesda Game Studios which are world art positions. I don't think that suggests TES V is well into development. I'd predict that it'll be released in 2012. You can safely assume that they're building a new engine for the game which would argue for the duration of development time matching or exceeding the four year gap between Morrowind and Oblivion than the two and half year, between Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Yeah the more I think of it, the more next year sounds ambitious - I keep forgetting that we are half way through 2010 already!:eek:

Also . . . it is hard to believe that Oblivion is over four years old & Morrowind eight . . . yikes!

Although on a more optimistic note, Bethesda do not shy aware from publishing their games in the Q1 - Q2 period, plenty of games developers purposely aim for the Q4 period to cash in on holiday sales. So you would never know, maybe March/April 2012 is a runner.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

From what I have been told the intention was to have TES5 come out late this year, but that was pushed back to allow for New Vegas to push through, so I'd expect TES5 in early 2012.

Has anyone heard any more news on whether the idea is still to base it in Skyrim?

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any more news on whether the idea is still to base it in Skyrim?

Haven't heard a thing, all we have is the trademarking of the name "Skyrim".

Advertisement