Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hate the word "bud" or "cuz" here in Limerick?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

shut up you Muppet :mad: and grow a pair :eek: alrightcuz

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

alrightcuz wrote: »
    shut up you Muppet :mad: and grow a pair :eek: alrightcuz

Who are you talking to? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I never said I'd get offended; I just said that I'd give them a curious look, because they aren't.

People I am familiar with, or close to, then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

To be honest I like the whole Bud, Cuz, Love, Chief, Sham....... it kinda defines Limerick people, it`s only a few words, look at the states.....Homie, bro, etc etc.

Gas out, laugh my A$£e off listening to shams speak.....funniest yet was when I witnessed one Sham saying to another in a pool hall.......
    Would you ride her.....I would`nt ride her into battle, classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

To be honest I like the whole Bud, Cuz, Love, Chief, Sham....... it kinda defines Limerick people, it`s only a few words, look at the states.....Homie, bro, etc etc.

Fair point; it'd be worse to hear a Limerick person using that slang. Or the dreadful "so, like" Friends-speak, and "uplift" at the end of a sentence - which, people, means it's a question !!!!!

And I'm not going to say what I thought was meant when I first heard a rap act say he was "hangin' with his homies" !!!!

I suppose we all have our verbal quirks; I always use "cheers" (maybe with "mate", if I'm fairly familiar with the person) and regularly used "no worries" even before I went to Oz - it seems less negative than "no hassle".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

topper75 wrote: »
    Aren't the other shower supposed to have made a rap in response? It's all going a bit West Side Story.:)

They did, it was called Sit Back and Laugh Dundon but the fella on youtube's made it private, you can still go in and have a look at the comments though, funny stuff. Anyone out there have the video up on another site? Would love to have a look!

Advertisement