Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Yeah but they're hardly going to let the results to the main events and other matches leak out and then do a swerve finish on a filler Divas match. It baffles me why they can't locate the leak, surely only a handful of people would be aware of finishes or is this not how they roll now with soap opera writers being a part of 'creative'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah but they're hardly going to let the results to the main events and other matches leak out and then do a swerve finish on a filler Divas match. It baffles me why they can't locate the leak, surely only a handful of people would be aware of finishes or is this not how they roll now with soap opera writers being a part of 'creative'?

The supposed leaker posts his leaks at the last possible moment he is just betting on favourites.

The bigger and underlying issue according to Wrestling news sites is relatives of the creative staff and wrestlers betting on match results and dictating the market thus making it easier for the reddit guy to post correct results. According to the Observer bookies don't care either way on the relatively small amounts bet on Pro Wrestling as it will be worth it if faction of them become regular customers (and lose their arse).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

To be fair, he called the Henry win back for mania like an hour before the show began when virtually everyone thought that ryback would get a straight forward clean win. But since then hes called everything correctly, but everything just happened to be the favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If they had caught the leak, they would know the name. With all those sources that Dave Meltzer must have in WWE, surely he would find it. Kind've funny though, about Wrestling Observer talking about leaks in WWE. The guys that they claim give them information are supposed to be sources within WWE, so doesn't that mean that their sources are leaks too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »

Even Melina made the list(the Bellas must really hate him for some reason I don`t know). More of a chance of finding Stacy Keibler in my bed than in WWE again i`d say. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Surprised Maria's not in there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Surprised Maria's not in there

Apparently, she was on the way back but the Bella's did something and made sure it didnt happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Apparently, she was on the way back but the Bella's did something and made sure it didnt happen.

Ya I heard that but didnt take any notice... Might be legs too it.. All the stuff from total divas about maken that girl die her hair too seems a bit OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

You'd be surprised. With the men there's usually a bit more character development to diversify them. With the Divas they're usually restricted to the blonde one, the brunette one, the black one etc. Before AJ got hired there was a girl in FCW called Jenny Cash that looked VERY similar to her. Then she got injured, AJ and Maxine got hired and Jenny Cash got released pretty quickly. With her hair brown, Eva Marie did look very much like a Bella Twin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wow Jenny Cash is to AJ what Mia is to Maya Fey(Phoenix Wright reference there for yas).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

All I can say is thank christ Jenny Cash was let go. She's no AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

No Molly Holly. List invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

I would love to see either kelly kelly, beth or torie wilson back.

I just dont like the bellas. I would like if they left, but they aren't going anywhere cuase of cena

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Any insight as to why Maxine won that poll so emphatically?

I've barely heard of her

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

x43r0 wrote: »
    Any insight as to why Maxine won that poll so emphatically?

I've barely heard of her

The NXT marks probably voted 1000 times each.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The NXT marks probably voted 1000 times each.

That or WWE rigged it. She did make contact with WWE/NXT in the past month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

That or WWE rigged it. She did make contact with WWE/NXT in the past month.

Nah it definitely was the smarks voting like crazy. Few forums online saying that people on /wooo/ rigged it. Theres a big thread there saying to vote for maxine. http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/res/3084632.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

When I voted Victoria was winning.

Greatly enjoyed Total Divas. No idea where the thread went.

• Advertisement

F4WOnline every week posts an archive issue of the Wrestling Observer they are up to the May 27 1996 issue covering the infamous Curtain Call. There's a hilarious line in hindsight:
    Supposedly this final display wasn't approved by WWF officials, but it got over great with the audience so little will probably result from it.

Boo hiss boo:
    -- Since the question was brought up last night on our show about whether the October 6th WWE Battleground PPV might feature War Games, for whatever it's worth the seating chart for the building is out and it doesn't include a set-up that would accommodate two rings. So unless things change before tickets go on sale Thursday, no War Games unless it's a one-ring-style version. Also, Hell in a Cell takes place October 27th in Miami, FL at the American Airlines Arena and tickets go on sale August 17th. It really doesn't make sense for Battleground to feature War Games and then two weeks later they come back with a Hell in the Cell show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Afaik HHH suggested to Vince that they do a War Games match but we got elimination chamber instead. War Games matches aren't very good: they difficult to follow, there's limited wrestling due to the number of participants as well as confines of the ring and cage.

Interesting quote about the '96 curtain call. I was reading some '96 Observers the other day and apparently WWF tried to get Sabu a spot in that year's Rumble but Heyman wouldn't allow it because he wanted to save Sabu for ECW's first PPV. The suggested spot was to have Sabu eliminate himself jumping over the top through a table (odd considering the HBK/Vader spot).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Kurt, Kurt, Kurt....

Arrested for DWI

EDIT: crap, can't seem to link properly from that site. Arrested after Impact drunk at the wheel.
    Here's what we all want to see anyway ViewDocumentFragment.aspx?DocumentFragmentID=11267652&CheckDocumentGroups=0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

ITV have committed to a World of Sport comeback pilot.

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb10974041.htm
    WOS Wrestling Ltd and ITV Studios Limited have come to terms to resurrect ITV's iconic World of Sport Wrestling.

Wrestlers to be provided by LDN, a promotion I've not followed in a number of years. I do recall they tried a WoS revival at Alex Shane's 'International Showdown' a number of years back, and it sunk, but seeing as they're seemingly keeping the old format, something must've been rejigged in the pitch to get ITV to latch on.

I am told it is more than a pilot and that fact will be made clearer in a press release that comes out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

far better IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Interesting quote about the '96 curtain call. I was reading some '96 Observers the other day and apparently WWF tried to get Sabu a spot in that year's Rumble but Heyman wouldn't allow it because he wanted to save Sabu for ECW's first PPV. The suggested spot was to have Sabu eliminate himself jumping over the top through a table (odd considering the HBK/Vader spot).

What does that have to do with the Curtain Call? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Seamus out 4-6 months with torn glenoid labrum (ligament) in shoulder, requiring surgery. Heal up fella!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement