Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 Dead or Alive?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You should really check out the early Gangstarr stuff, it's very raw and i personally think that Premo's beats are definitive of the era and the sound from New York at that time. They still sound good today. But, premo these days has his formula and rarely breaks from it, a 4 bar loop, sprinkle with piano and throw in some cutting on the hook and splice lyric samples together. So it's all a bit predictable now.

As far as Pete Rock goes, i cant fault him at all, well maybe some of the live footage i've seen of him, he constantly grabs the mic and utters nonsence. He was nice on the few tracks where he dropped some lyrics.

And as for the RZA, he's a genius and probably my favorite producer. Listened to Bobby Digital today and it s incredible.

Sorry to say this but, Dre is now pants. I hope i get proved wrong on that with his next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Sorry to say this but, Dre is now pants. I hope i get proved wrong on that with his next release.

Spot on.

Theres only so much that popping into someone else video's for 10 years can do for you. Hell keep being paid silly money for producing tracks because of his past success but i dont think hes come out with anything fresh for years

Advertisement