Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Extending

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Today

500m Run
    Dynamic Warm up

Squats
    Bar x 5
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    175lbs x 5
    200lbs x 5
    200lbs x 5
    200lbs x 4

2k Row

Foam Rolling

Not so disappointed with the squats seeing as I did heavy (for me) deadlifts yesterday. Would of liked that 5th rep but stalled about half way up unfortunately. These numbers seem a little down on my 5/3/1 numbers (225 x 7) but I've not squatted a lot in the past 2 months and i'm going a lot deeper now. I actually need to work on cutting off my squat a little on heavy sets. Will get it next week easily. (I might go up the 5lbs anyway because I was so close).

2k row was 'fun' after the squats. I fall off the seat if I go too fast which is something I need to sort that. Never rowed more then 1k before. It's pretty tough. Did it in 8:03. Not great really. Left forearm felt dead afterwards.

Wednesday

Soccer Match

Thursday
    Shoulder Warm up
    Military Press
    Warm ups
    45 x 5
    65 x 5
    85 x 5
    95 x 4
    105 x 3
    Work Sets
    100 x 5
    100 x 5
    100 x 5

Dynamic Warm up
    Mini Kettlebell WOD
    3 rounds of
    10 two hand swings
    10 one hand swings(each arm)
    5 cleans (each arm)
    10 goblet squats
    5 windmills (each arm)

WOD
    50 Double Unders
    10 Overhead Squats
    40 Double Unders
    10 Overhead Squats
    30 Double Unders
    10 Overhead Squats
    20 Double Unders
    10 Overhead Squats
    10 Double Unders
    10 Overhead Squats

Military Press felt easy today.
    Kettlebell WOD was fine
    Main WOD was tough. Took 13:30. Did it with 65lbs, Overhead squats are getting much better. The way I do double unders at the moment is 2 singles, 1 double so I end up doing a lot more skipping then I need to. Need to get better at these.

Friday Morning

Deadlift Strength Stuff
    95lbs x 5
    135 x 5
    185 x 4
    225 x 3
    255 x 5
    255 x 5
    255 x 5

Tabatha Sets
    8 Rounds( 20 on 10 off) Sit ups 11,12,11,11,11,11,11,11
    8 Rounds (20 on 10 off) Frog jumps (Basically a squat into a vertical leap) 15,15,15,15,12,12,12,12
    8 Rounds (20 on 10 off) Burpees 5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4

Rolling/Stretching

Deadlifts were good, I was never going to miss a rep. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to lift more then 305lbs next time I try. Tabatha stuff was tough. Burpees were horrible at the end. You count your lowest score so after dropping from 15 to 12 on the frog jumps I didn't try to get more then 12 again.

Today

500m Run
    Dynamic Warm up

"Murph"

1 mile run
    100 pull ups
    200 push ups
    300 squats
    1 mile run

Found out you can break this up whatever way you want for the pull ups push ups and squats. Certainly made it easier. I broke it into rounds of cindy so 5 pull ups, 10 push ups and 15 squats. So the goal was 20 rounds. Today was my first time kipping properly. I got through 8 rounds before my left hand started to rip open. By 14 my left hand was bleeding and my right had 3 rips in it and my left hand was bleeding from numerous rips on it. Stopped at 18 rounds but went and did the run anyway. Finished with 90 pull ups 180 push ups and 270 squats plus the two 1 mile runs. Finished in 55:56. Push ups were the slowest thing for me today but they are getting better. Time was quite poor but i'm very happy with the pull up performance. I'll definitely beat this time next time I do this WOD. Attached is a pic of my hands before jumping in the shower

Today

Shoulders and lats are absolutely destroyed still from Murph.

Went in today to try and make up my squats and overhead press

Squats
    45lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    175lbs x 5
    205lbs x 5
    205lbs x 5
    205lbs x 5

These were pretty easy.

Tried some pressing but everything felt like 100kg so leaving it til tomorrow. Press/Deadlifts and a Wod tomorrow before a nice long 4th of July weekend

• Advertisement

Friday Morning
    500m Run
    Dynamic Warm up
    Deadlifts
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 3
    265lbs x 5
    265lbs x 5
    265lbs x 5

WOD
    Jackie
    1000m row
    50 Thrusters
    30 pull ups
    Time 12:01

Deadlifts were fine. Was told i'm pulling it pretty well but Ineed to work on my lowering the bar a lot. Will work on this. Jackie was interesting. Found a good setting on the rower. Finished the row in 3:50. Can do much better here but was concentrating on staying on the rower and not falling off of it. I had only done thrusters once before and it was a half assed effort if i'm being honest. These were very tough after the row. Then I went to the pull ups and these took a long time due to my hands and shoulders still being destroyed from murph. Had my hands taped up but still managed to open some of the old cuts up again. It's now Monday evening and they still are a while off of healing.

Sunday
    12 mile Cycle

Today

Dynamic Warm up
    Crossfit Warm up

Squats
    45lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3
    210lbs x 5
    210lbs x 5
    210lbs x 5

WOD
    Partial “Barbara”
    2 rounds, 3 minutes rest between rounds of:
    20 Pull-ups
    30 Push-ups
    40 Sit-ups
    50 Squats
    Time 15:03

Was supposed to be a full 'Barbara' today but I needed to make up my squats that I missed yesterday. Squats felt horrible at the beginning, once I got to the work sets they actually felt pretty good. Tough, but good. I only had 15 minutes to do whatever I could for 'Barbara'. Hands still aren't recovered from 'Murph'. Got some instruction on wrapping my hands today so got through the 2 rounds of pull ups without any cuts. Kipping is starting to get easier, so i'm happy with that.

Today

Dynamic Warm up

Military Press
    45lbs x 5
    65lbs x 5
    75lbs x 5
    85lbs x 3
    95lbs x 2
    105lbs x 4
    105lbs x 4
    105lbs x 3

WOD
    As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of
    12 Wall balls (20lbs)
    8 Burpees
    Total: 5 rounds plus 6 wall balls

Heat here the last few days has been horrible. 100 degrees yesterday and 90s today. Pressing was crap. I hate it. WOD was annoying, I tend to catch the ball too far out from me and it makes me lean forward. Plenty of work to do on these.

Thursday
    GAA Training

Friday
    Dynamic Warm up

Deadlifts
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 4
    225lbs x 3
    275lbs x 5
    275lbs x 5
    275lbs x 5

WOD
    200 Single Unders
    10 Burpees
    160 SU
    10 Burpees
    120 SU
    10 Burpees
    80 SU
    10 Burpees
    40 SU
    10 Burpees
    Time 12:03

Deadlifts were really easy, everything flew up. Looking forward to retesting my crossfit total on Monday. WOD was fine, went for SU instead of DU. Gotta practice my DU in my own time to get them nailed

Dynamic Warm up

Running WOD
    200m run
    Rest half the time it took
    400m run
    800m run

Time 6:51

Main WOD
    30-20-10
    Knees to Elbows/Knee Tuck
    Supermans
    Overhead Squats
    Time 15:59

Running WOD would have been fine, the except it was roasting outside. Was okay other then that. Not a great time really. The main wod was tough. I started out doing knees to elbows but after 14 I couldn't touch my elbows anymore so I guess you could say they turned into high knee tucks. Definitley something to work on here. Supermans were easy. Next time these are in a WOD (granted i've never seen them before) I will probably do GHRs instead. Overhead Squats I continued with my increase of 10lbs up to 75lbs but was told to drop back to 65lbs. I don't think I was focused enough for the OH squats @ 75lbs. 65lbs was pretty comfortable.

• Advertisement

Wednesday
    Soccer match

Thursday
    Dynamic Warm up
    Retesting Crossfit Total ( Warm up sets then 3 attempts at 1 Rep Maxes)
    Squat
    45lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3
    225lbs x 2
    245lbs x 1
    255lbs x 1
    265lbs x 1

Military Press
    45lbs x 5
    65lbs x 5
    75lbs x 5
    95lbs x 3
    105lbs x 2
    120lbs x 1
    125lbs x 0
    125lbs x 0

Deadlift
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 3
    275lbs x 2
    305lbs x 1
    325lbs x 1
    355lbs x 1 :D

Total: 740lbs up 70lbs from about 1.5 months ago.

Weighed myself this morning when I first got up after going to the bathroom. 151lbs. Squats were good, I lifted 275lbs before but questionable if i broke parallel or not. Here I definitely did so i'm happy with that. Press was alright, 120 went up relatively quickly, 125 the first time stopped with my elbow at a right angle, second time was not that high. Deadlifts were awesome, got some pointers on getting my shoulders over the bar and they were just flying up. 355lbs was a 50lb pr so was really happy with that :D

Today
    500m run
    Dynamic Warm up

50 burpees
    Time 3:07

3 or minute rest/time to get ready then
    10 rounds of
    10 Air Squats
    10 Sit ups
    10 Ring Dips
    10 Pull ups
    Time 23:11

Burpees were alright, made sure I was doing chest to ground, had 20 done in 50 seconds but then my arms decided they were going to struggle with giving myself the initial lift off from the burpees, so again my crappy upper body strength fails me.

Main Wod was fun, I made some wraps like gymnasts use so i could not rip my hands open doing pull ups. Worked quite well until round 6 when the left one came off and round 8 when the right one came off. Round 10 i ripped open the middle of my left hand. So close to not ripping my hands! I did the first 7 rounds of ring dips with a red band and the last 3 with a blue band. Pull ups were unassisted, kipping is getting easier all the time. Going to buy proper grips tomorrow.

Today

8 rounds of
    1 Power Snatch
    2 Overhead Squats
    3 Power Cleans
    4 Thrusters
    5 Back Squats
    6 Lateral Burpees

Time 26:14

Rxed was 95, I did 85, getting closer to Rxing most wods now.

This was tough. Power Snatches were alright, form not great. Time would have been much better if I had concentrated more on overhead squats. I really need to drill that movement into my head. If i forget even a single thing I lose the bar. Thrusters with weight on them; I can safely say I am not a fan ;). Power cleans were easy, and back squats were like a breather. Burpees were alright as well

Took an extra day off due to hand injuries

This morning

500m Run
    Dynamic Warm up

Kelly Starrletts 2 minute drill #1

5 mins practicing pull ups

2 sets of 10 16kg Kettlebell Swings

WOD
    21-15-9
    95lb Bench Press
    Pull ups
    Time 8:45

2 minute drill is a bit painful, I have decent shoulder mobility anyway so not sure how effective it was. Will be doing it every day this week so will see by the end of the week. The 5 minutes pull ups was spent practicing the butterfly kip. Got some good pointers here. WOD was fine, was supposed to be body weight bench but I can just about do 1 rep at body weight. Should have maybe gone with 105lbs. Pull ups were fine, I got the hand of the butterfly kips about half way through, it's much easier to get a rhythm and it's faster too (or at least it seems so). Got a new rip on my hand as I didn't wrap up properly (5:45 am class eugh), no cut though so it should heal pretty quickly. Have ordered my gymnastic grips so hope they get here soon.

Tuesday GAA Training

Wednesday
    Dynamic Warm up
    2 minute drill number 1
    5 minute kipping practice

WOD
    50 pull ups
    400m run
    21 thrusters (95lbs)
    800m run
    21 thrusters (65lbs)
    400m run
    10 pull ups

Should have been 95lbs for both sets of thrusters. Also should have been 50 pull ups a the end but my a huge callus got ripped off my hand. My gynmastic grips can't get here fast enough. Had a chat with one of the coaches who recommended not doing things at the prescribed weights. Think i'll take this on board for a while and just push myself to go as quick as I can with lower weights until I'm strong enough to do some of this stuff at a decent pace. I'm really hoping there are no pull ups in tomorrows WOD.

This morning

2 minute drill #1
    Dynamic Warm up
    Some Power cleans working up to 5 reps at 135lbs.

WOD
    30 Burpee Clean and Jerks
    Hands start on bar. Do a burpee (chest touches bar), come up do a clean and jerk. Hands cannot come off bar once burpee is started, but they can come off in between reps.
    Time 7:03

My shoulders were fried doing the power cleans before Grace. Dunno why but they just felt incredibly dull. Worked at 95lbs for the WOD today and found it quite manageable. My jerks are a lot better then my cleans, need more work on these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HipLady

Hi Molly, how are u?
    I just follow yr exercises there and its a good routine. Will do the job for at least 3 months.
    Wish u all the best

Thanks, i'm just following the program at my local crossfit

Work and Golf got in the way of the gym at the weekend.

Today
    Dynamic Warm up
    2 minute mobility drill 1
    Skill practice : Muscle up, Handstand Push ups, Pistols

WOD
    4 rounds of
    Run 400m
    21 Front Squats(95lbs)
    12 box jumps (24 inches)
    Time: 18:26

Today was interesting. I need a lot of work on muscle ups but getting some good pointers. First time trying a proper handstand push up and I found out I can knock out 5 in a row so pretty pleased with that. Pistols are hard. I can do them if my heel comes off the ground, but if I try keep my heel on the ground I can't do them. WOD was tough, my legs were like jelly by the end. On the first set of front squats I was told to keep my elbows up more, this made them a lot easier.

Today

Dynamic Warm up
    5 minutes practicing muscle ups

WOD
    3 rounds of
    800m run
    50 supermans
    50 sit ups
    Time 20:26

Good session today. Making progress on the muscle ups, might have one by the end of the week. WOD was good. Ran a bit too far on the first run though! Afterwards I decided to practice some squat snatches, squat cleans and handstand push ups. Things feel like they are starting to click all around. Handstand push ups are fun :D

Today

3 rounds of
    10 push ups
    10 ring dips (red band)
    10 knees to elbows

5 minutes muscle up work

WOD
    100 Kettlebell Swings (scaled to 16kg from 24kg)
    At the top of every minute do 5 burpees
    100 20 inch box jumps
    At the top of every minute do 5 pull ups
    Time 16:56

I feel broken, I hurt all over! Kettlebell swings were awful. Muscle ups were going no where today. Looking forward to having a rest (just GAA training) tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Shoulder Torture.

Friday
    Dynamic Warm up
    2 minute mobility drill
    5 minute muscle ups practice

WOD
    21-15-9
    Man Makers (Push ups on dumbbells, then a one arm row each side, then jump to between the dumbbells, then power clean them up and push press them overhead) 30 lbs
    Walking Lunges
    Calorie Row

Time 23:55

Muscle ups are coming a long Man Makers = Bleurgh. These things are horrible. Rx'd was 45lbs, 30 lbs was tough.

This morning
    500m Run
    Dynamic Warm up
    2 minute mobility on shoulders
    5 minute muscle up practice

WOD
    5 rounds of
    15 Power Snatches
    15 Thrusters
    15 Body Blasters (Burpee pull up followed by a knees to elbow)
    Cutoff : 35 mins, 4 body blasters short of finishing the 4th round

Shoulders were killing me from yesterday so thrusters were loads of fun. Body blasters were horrible. Took much longer then the snatches and the thrusters. Shoulders just feel numb now.

Saturday Afternoon

GAA Match

Tuesday
    Dynamic Warm up
    2 min mobility: Single Lax Ball
    5 min skill: Double-Unders

Kettlebell/Dumbell Warm-up: 3 rounds
    10 two hand swings 16Kg Bell
    10 one hand swings(each side) 16kg
    5 Cleans (each side) 16Kg
    10 Goblet squats 16Kg
    5 Windmills (each side) 20lb dumbbell

5 rounds for time:
    6 Burpee Clean and Jerks (115lbs)
    9 Pull-ups
    12 Single leg Box Jumps (6 Left leg, 6 right leg) (20″)
    Time 17:24

Double unders suck ass. Tried to do chest to bar pull ups but don't seem to be able to touch my chest to the bar. Cleans & Jerks were pretty solid. Single leg box jumps were easy. WOD was pretty tiring overall.

Wednesday

Dynamic Stretch

Press
    65% x 5 85lbs
    75% x 5 95lbs
    85% x 5 105lbs

4 rounds of 0:30 of work with 0:30 sec rest:
    Burpees
    20m shuttle run (this was one rep)
    Sit ups
    Frog Jumps
    Total reps 227

Double unders were sweet today. Was stringing together 6 or 7 quite comfortably most of the time. Got up to 13 in a row once. WOD was fine, bit crap that a 20m with 4 turns is counted the same as a sit up! After the WOD i spent about 20 minutes practicing full cleans, squat snatches and thrusters. All coming a long.

Thursday

Dynamic Stretch

Scaled Jason
    100 Squats
    10 pull ups+5 ring dips
    75 Squats
    20 pull ups+10 ring dips
    50 Squats
    30 pull ups+15 ring dips
    25 Squats
    40 pull ups+20 ring dips
    Time 21:26

Double unders weren't as good as yesterday. WOD was fine, no cuts or rips on my hand make me a happy camper. Pull ups getting better all the time. Afterwards some muscle up practice. Getting better on the transition. Couple of days off now

Sunday
    Lots of double under practice. Think I have these nailed now. Able to do 30 in a row now.

Monday
    Dynamic Warm up
    2 Minute Mobility: PNF Stretching
    5 Minute Skills Work: Hand stand push ups

Squats
    168lbs x 3
    192lbs x 3
    216lbs x 5

WOD: Nate
    AMRAP in 20 minutes
    2 Muscle ups (I did jumping muscle ups)
    4 Handstand push ups
    8 Kettlebell Swings. (I used a 20Kg bell)
    8 Rounds

Squats were fine. Nothing else to say about them. Had been looking forward to doing a WOD with handstand push ups since I found out I could do them. I probably did about 10 handstand push ups in the 5 minute skills work and by the end of the WOD I wished I hadn't! The WOD was torture on my shoulders. Going to ice them now to hopefully avoid ridiculous DOMs in them tomorrow and Wednesday

Tuesday

Monday
    Dynamic Warm up
    2 Minute Mobility: PNF Stretching
    5 Minute Skills Work: Hand stand push ups

3 Rounds of
    5 HSPUs
    10 Kettlebell Deadlifts
    5 Ring Push Ups
    10 Pistols
    5 Dead Hang Pull ups

WOD
    5 rounds of 3 minutes work/1 minute rest (if you didn't finish a set, you didn't continue with it in the next round)
    5 Power Snatches
    5 Overhead Squats
    10 Sit ups

Warm up was fine. HSPU's felt easy today, Pistols are coming along, dead hang pull ups are getting easier too. WOD itself I started with 95lbs but after the first round I knew I couldn't keep up a decent pace with that so moved to 85lbs. Managed 2 sets in every round. After I spent some time messing about on rings doing pull ups and muscle ups.

Last Wednesday

Dynamic Stretch
    2-min mobility: Hip PNF Stretching
    5-min skill: Handstand Push Ups

Press:
    77 x 3
    88 x 3
    99 x 6

As many rounds as possible in 6 min:
    6 Push press (75lbs)
    6 Burpees

Got 6 rounds

Rest 3 min

As many rounds as possible in 6 min:
    6 Box jumps (30/24″)
    6 Pull-ups

Got 7 rounds

Muscles were tired in the first wod
    Lungs were on fire in the second wod

Last Friday morning
    50 Double Unders
    1 Handstand push up
    40 Double Unders
    2 Handstand push ups
    30 Double Unders
    3 Handstand push ups
    20 Double Unders
    4 Handstand Push ups
    10 Double Unders
    5 Double Unders
    Time: around 9 minutes

Handstand push ups were horrible here for some reason. Think it was just shoulder burn out. Double unders weren't great

Last Friday evening

50-40-30-20-10
    Double Unders & Sit ups
    Time around 8 minutes
    Double unders were way better here. Sit ups took most of the time

Today(Monday)
    500m Run
    Dynamic Warm up
    2-min mobility: Stiff Legged Hamstrings
    5-min skill: L-Sits

Back Squat
    204 x 5
    216 x 3
    228 x 5

5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5 reps for time of:
    Over Head Squat (95lbs)
    Hand Stand Push-ups
    Time 15:37

Back Squats were fine. Felt a little heavy but got through things.
    WOD sucked. Was flying until the one round and from then on I bombed on the handstand push ups. Overhead squats were easy. I think this was my first time doing 95lbs. I only missed one rep (the last one) and got it straight away after. Couldn't do the last 4 handstand push ups unassisted so used bands. The other 25 were all rx'd. Decent session today, don't have the stamina in my shoulders for the 'high rep' handstand push ups.

Today

500m run
    Dynamic Warm up

For Time:
    30 Calorie Row
    30 Thrusters (65#)
    3 Rope Climbs 15′
    30 Swings (24kg)
    20 Calorie Row
    20 Thrusters (85#)
    2 Rope Climbs 15′
    20 Swings (24kg)
    10 Calorie Rower
    10 Thrusters (135/95#)
    1 Rope Climbs 15′
    10 Swings (32/24kg or 70/50#)

25-min time limit

Sh*t session, not getting a lot of sleep lately. Got as far as the second set of swings and had 3 left. First set of rope climbs I didn't use my feet for some stupid reason and this destroyed my forearms. Also I suck ass at thrusters still going to try remedy this. On a different note I visited an orthopedic surgeon today and he thinks i've strained/sprained my rotator cuff. Have an MRI thursday and a follow up appointment with him on Monday. Hoping it's nothing major

Press
    83lbs x 5
    94lbs x 3
    105lbs x 5

Four rounds for time:
    5 Pullups
    5 Ring Dips
    5 Dumbell (30lbs)
    Time 5:20

Front Squats
    45lbs x 5
    65lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5

Thrusters
    45lbs x 5
    45lbs x 5
    45lbs x 5

Had a soccer match about 2 hours later.

Ring dips are getting better and press feels better too. Working on front squats and thrusters after WOD's from now on. Going to try get my front squat up to a respectable number and the same for thrusters.

• Advertisement

Friday
    Dynamic Warm up

Deadlift
    265lbs x 5
    305lbs x 3
    335 x 2

3 rounds for time:
    12 pull ups
    12 dips
    10 Cleans (95lbs)
    400m Run

Deadlifts were tough. 305x 3 and 335 are both rep prs. WOD was supposed to be 3 muscle ups but i still can't do them so subbed in 4 pull ups and 4 dips for each muscle up. Full cleans also, not power cleans. These got much better as I went on. Ran out of time in the end. Was a 15 minute time limit. I had 3 cleans on my 3rd round done.

Saturday Morning
    Olympic class. Spent about an hour running over snatches. This is going to be a weekly thing, hopefully I can keep attending

Advertisement