Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie News: Paranormal Activity

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    <snip - please do not post links to copyrighted materials>

my bad sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just back from a great meeting with Eclipse Pictures who are the people for this movie in Ireland (nice people too!).

General release for this is Wednesday 25th November in about 50 cinemas across the country. Origially only meant to be 20-30 there is such huge demand for this that its been pushed out.

Whether its a great movie or not I actually feel sorry for anyone who watched this on a little laptop etc and spoiled the cimema experience for themselves. This movie has brouhgt in over $62.5 million so far and has kicked the piss out of Saw VI.

I've gotten tickets to a special Halloween screening this Saturday (Halloween) at 6.30pm in Dublin City. The Dublin Paranormal Convention are giving away 5 pairs of tickets for this and 5 pairs of tickets to the Convention this Thursday on the Adrian Kennedy fm104 phone show Halloween Special so listen in and try grab them.

I am holding out to see this movie in the cinema . I think its the only way really . A great way to celebrate halloween .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

6th, the thing that pisses me off about this movie is that there was no intention of it *NOT* being shown nationwide in the first place. Dont believe the hype - and who gives a toss how much its brought in? MS, for example, sells shedloads but its still the worst OS on the planet - sales mean nothing.

As I said - well marketed, though its a pretty cheesy movie. I hope people dont get too pissed off with your enthusiasm after they see it.

Well it went down really well at the horrothon on Sunday and those people love their horror movies. Also while it was always due tor international release it genuinely was only going to get limited release here.

Of course it all comes down to taste and I've yet to see the movie. Some will love it, some will hate it.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was marketed great , kinda like what Nintendo do at christmas and say that there are not enough Wii's . The Wii is also cheesey but also enjoyable.

Im not going to let that effect my overall opinion of the movie, i have to see it first !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yay, glad to see its going to be released!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

Don't go alone! Wooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

sorry to be another bummer but it isnt that good. Wouldnt go watch it again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm looking forward to it, but I have heard similar comments to the above

• Advertisement

Ok there is a special closed screening for this at 6.30 in dublin city centre tomorrow (Halloween). I have a guest list for it so if people want to go drop me a mail to mark@dublinparacon.com but please only get in touch if you can actually go. I need a name and a mobile number. Places are very limited so get in quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

Ah everyone should just go see it for themselves and then be the judge. Different strokes for different folks.
    Im looking forward to seeing it anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

I thought it was done well at times i almost forgot that it was directed and that it wasn't a proper home film.

In terms of scare? ****ing terrible. Not even close to being good.

Do NOT look at this spoiler if you haven't seen the film it'll completely ruin it.
    I just laughed at the end when the friend comes along and she stops rocking to hear her screaming...waits a bit and then goes back rocking as in... "meh" laughed even harder when she stumbles towards the police and they just floor her with a few bullets... No big bangs though oddly enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spirals

I thought this was a brilliant movie. Compared to the rubbish "horror" movies that Hollywood has been churning out in recent years, this is a gem.
    I can't say I lost any sleep or got really scared, but it was so well done and genuinely creepy. Go see it and decide for yourself, I think most people will be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I wouldnt mind going to see this film again wasnt the scariest film although the end REALLY creeped me out
    I was pretty terrified when she got pulled out of the bed! I wasnt screaming or jumping out of my seat..just the idea of it happening! The bit where she screams to get micah down..and you know what happens next..just creepy

Apart from that though..twas slow going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Bajingo wrote: »
    Apart from that though..twas slow going

Yeah like nothing happens more or less for the first like half an hour to an hour.

Advertisement