Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie News: Paranormal Activity

Options
  • 08-10-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I just got off the phone and can confirm that this movie will be shown in Ireland! Been chasing and chasing and when I got a call from the movies distributors I nearly did a little wee :D

Can't give details now but I'll post in this thread when I can with news.

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

certainly wins the 'more hyped than blair witch project' award. its a pity it'll probably weigh in as another 'scary movie' rather than one documenting paranormal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

iamhunted wrote: »
    certainly wins the 'more hyped than blair witch project' award. its a pity it'll probably weigh in as another 'scary movie' rather than one documenting paranormal activity.

thats all it is though, a scary movie ;). looking forward to it. its gettin great reviews!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its a scarey movie. It just happens to be based around a subject the people of this forum like.

Would love to get a load of people from here out to see it as a group when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

I saw the trailer for it a few weeks ago and went to the website and requested it and made sure my friends did aswell! Cant wait to see it!

Yeah Ireland didnt get a huge amount of votes but we're getting it and thats what matters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

When's it coming out? Will it only be shown in the 'arthouse' cinemas?

Towards the end of November and no it wont be just in arthouse cinemas.

Am hoping for some pretty cool advanced screening >_>

6th wrote: »
    Towards the end of November and no it wont be just in arthouse cinemas.

Am hoping for some pretty cool advanced screening >_>

Ah class. Been a few months since I saw a decent 'scary' film - Drag Me To Hell and Let The Right One In before it.

Lookin forward to this now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Looks fantastic. I however fail to be impressed by the extreme emotional responses of the audience. They are American afterall. :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

ok this movie may no have been released here but thanks to the wonders of the internet it is available as a <snip> (not that we could condone that sort of thing )but its there:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Wahooooo, can't wait to cry with fear! :D But I'm looking forward to seeing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

I think it'll be good. The director made the film in a week for a budget of less than 15,000 dollars with a couple of friends.
    He made it after being creeped out by noises in his own house after moving in, the house in the film is the same one.

The film needs 1000,000 demands on their website before being given a widespread release, it's at almost 700,000 now after rising by 150,000 in the last couple of days, so it seems certain that we'll get to see it.

Visit www.paranormalmovie.com to demand it!

smithcity wrote: »
    it seems certain that we'll get to see it.

Eh. We are getting it. Thats what this thread is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Hi Mark, it's very cool were getting it.. I really want to see this movie...

Garret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Yipeee brillant, love scary movies..

6th do you know if they are going to show it nationwide or just Dublin,

Although a group of us together in a cinema watching this sounds like a really good laugh. Get ready to screammmm

kshiel wrote: »
    Yipeee brillant, love scary movies..

6th do you know if they are going to show it nationwide or just Dublin,

Although a group of us together in a cinema watching this sounds like a really good laugh. Get ready to screammmm

Hope it's nationwide. Could do wit having the bejaysus shaken out of me in the cinema for a change.

I've secured tickets to a special screening of this :D

Oh and I've secured 5 pairs of tickets to give away but I'll post more on taht after the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

6th wrote: »
    I've secured tickets to a special screening of this :D

Oh and I've secured 5 pairs of tickets to give away but I'll post more on taht after the weekend!

Only seeing this thread now. I voted for it to come here but had hearn nothing of it coming.

Can you give any advance details on the cinema(s) it will be showing?

Pitty it's not in time for halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

It's a very bad film, I think you'll be well disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

its brilliant internet marketing though obviously worked perfectly. I agree with AI

• Advertisement

Over 40m in the box office so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

AI wrote: »
    iamhunted wrote: »
    its brilliant internet marketing though obviously worked perfectly. I agree with AI

Where did yous see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

It's floating around online..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

<snip - please do not post links to copyrighted materials>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Loada_Bo11ocks

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Is that the full film????:eek:Its very slow and jumpy for me:(

theres two parts.You just got a let it run for a lil while, I can post up the 2nd bit after if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Loada_Bo11ocks

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Nice one thanks;). Anyway to download them quicker. Its taking very long to downlaod. Can only watch parts of it before it freezes and loads

This movie will be the secret film at the horrorthon in the IFI.

There will also be a special halloween screening which I've tickets for :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

AI wrote: »
    its not a "very bad" film, I've seen a lot of movies with 100 times the budget that were a lot worse.

it's not going to blow you away though and aside from one or two jumps occasionally, it's not going to scare you unless you're 12. mind you, not many movies have scared me since i was 12, so maybe that's just me.

there are a couple of cleverly done scenes in the movie though and it's worth a watch. you have to commend the director really for what he achieved with so little and it's certainly a lesson that Hollywood should pay attention to.

Advertisement