Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Girls Suicide Jump

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

we don't even know their names and they're in a different country. who the fuk cares really.. there's 7 billion people in this world.
    i fcukin care thats who, the uk isnt exactly a million miles away and did you know quite an amount of people over there are irish or of irish descent believe it or believe it not:rolleyes: . theres 4 million in this country why grieve over one suicide in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Peep O'Day wrote: »
    amazing how these deaths are treated with hilarity by a good few but when a recent high profile suicide occurred there was no such thing

I'll hold my hand up and say I couldn't give a shit about Darren Sutherland's suicide just as much as I couldn't give a shit about this suicide.

There's nothing I hate more than internet "condolence" threads. A bunch of random anonymous internet people repeating "RIP", "It's so sad", "So upsetting", etc etc.

It's pathetic. Feeling faux sorrow for people you don't know and who don't know you.

I think we will all encounter more than enough genuine hurt and sorrow for close family and friends dying over the course of our lives for us to bother pretending to feel sorrow for whatever B list celebrity / newsworthy death that has occurred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

we don't even know their names and they're in a different country. who the fuk cares really.. there's 7 billion people in this world.

It is one thing not being particularly affected by the story, but it is another thing entirely to take the piss out of 2 teenage girls killing themselves in an effort to get a few more thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Very strange indeed and comes a few weeks after another young girl aged 14 leapt to her death from a bridge onto the road below. What is strange is the age/sex and method used. Most suicides involve males and most female suicides involve "less violent" methods, or less "painful" methods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Many people in their lives will at some stage think about suicide .But the idea of actually going ahead and doing it is not an option because they would see it as a sefish act not to mention the pain ,guilt and sorrow they leave behind on their familys . In many cases we may never know what the final straw was to make a person or persons carry out the act .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We can rebuild them.

And advanced technology means that they'll be even hotter than Lindsay Wagner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Latchy wrote: »
    Many people in their lives will at some stage think about suicide .But the idea of actually going ahead and doing it is not an option because they would see it as a sefish act not to mention the pain ,guilt and sorrow they leave behind on their familys . In many cases we may never know what the final straw was to make a person or persons carry out the act .

People who actual try to commit suicide probably thinking living is a selfish act as they're a burden/loser and their family/friends would be better off without them.

Which makes it harder to identify as they're trying to hide their true feelings from people around them.

People who actual try to commit suicide probably thinking living is a selfish act as they're a burden/loser and their family/friends would be better off without them.
    Yes that in many cases is very true and also a very sad statistic
    Which makes it harder to identify as they're trying to hide their true feelings from people around them.
    And they torment themselfs so much until they can take no more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I'll hold my hand up and say I couldn't give a shit about Darren Sutherland's suicide just as much as I couldn't give a shit about this suicide.

There's nothing I hate more than internet "condolence" threads. A bunch of random anonymous internet people repeating "RIP", "It's so sad", "So upsetting", etc etc.

It's pathetic. Feeling faux sorrow for people you don't know and who don't know you.

I think we will all encounter more than enough genuine hurt and sorrow for close family and friends dying over the course of our lives for us to bother pretending to feel sorrow for whatever B list celebrity / newsworthy death that has occurred.

that i can appreciate, as at least you aren't being a hypocrite

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Loopy wrote: »

Yet more drama queens. If you want to do that sort of thing do it and cut the raiméis. If not, start taking responsibility and enjoying life. It's entirely up to you, sillies!

There is no shame in choosing death over life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

It is the individuals choice at the end of the day... Why live a miserable existence if its not what you want .. Im probably one of the few people out there who dosen't think it is a selfish act..

I cant imagine what was going through those 2 young girls minds to think that this was their only option though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Their bebo profiles
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3994676552
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4988889581

Of interesting note....they aren't listed as top friends on each other's profiles....

"Me Nd Yhoo Are Friends ...Yhoo Fight,I Fight..Yhoo Hurt I Hurt..Yhoo Cry ,I Cry ..Yhoo Jump Off I Bridge ill Miss Yhoo !!
    by NeveLafferty Ox
    87 weeks ago"

Loopy wrote: »
    It is the individuals choice at the end of the day... Why live a miserable existence if its not what you want .. Im probably one of the few people out there who dosen't think it is a selfish act
    I cant imagine what was going through those 2 young girls minds to think that this was their only option though..
    If as mentioned ,you feel you are a burden to your family ,friends ,society ,a failure , a loser ,...Suicide will be the only option for many .But sad to think that young people are so driven to despair that the kill themselfs .If they come from family were they are unloved / unwanted , you might be able to understand why they did it and you maybe ask 'did they try any other option like getting help or were they byond the point of rescue ' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Might have been Ernest Hemingway who said something about it taking immense courage to realise there wasn't any point continuing....but then he did kill himself as well. I think it's a tragedy that this happened, but hundreds of people kill themselves every year in this country, why should this be pulling at your heart strings? There are plenty of Irish people who have taken their own lives, and I'm sure there is not one of us out there now reading this who hasn't faced the heartbreak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

CCCP^ wrote: »
    ...hundreds of people kill themselves every year in this country, why should this be pulling at your heart strings? There are plenty of Irish people who have taken their own lives, and I'm sure there is not one of us out there now reading this who hasn't faced the heartbreak.

Sorry what? Just because they're not Irish it doesn't make what happened any less tragic. You're right, most of us here have felt the same heartache, I know I have and I can honestly say that, yes, this story does make me sad. It's a horrible story, of course people feel bad about it.

Even seeing this;
    .. of course people are gona be upset by it. It doesn't make a difference if you know them or not.

To be honest I'm ****ing sick of the way After Hours tends to go when threads like this arise. Likewise for the Baby P thread and the Sophie Lancaster thread. If these stories make an impact on people and they want to express it on a thread then let them at it.

This arrogant, prickish tone and saying you ''don't give a ****'' that happens in these threads is getting old. When something tragic happens most people feel bad about it, whether directly affected or not. Get over it. If you don't like these threads don't ****ing post in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Might have been Ernest Hemingway who said something about it taking immense courage to realise there wasn't any point continuing....but then he did kill himself as well. I think it's a tragedy that this happened, but hundreds of people kill themselves every year in this country, why should this be pulling at your heart strings? There are plenty of Irish people who have taken their own lives, and I'm sure there is not one of us out there now reading this who hasn't faced the heartbreak.

Its not pulling at my heart strings but I did think it unusual for 2 young girls 2 willingly jump to their deaths..
    Whatever way you look at it.. Its a sad story imo.

Edit: Well said Mizz Lolly

Something that amazes me a lot and as miss Lolly said , somebody will profess to not caring about a subject in a thread but give us their views on it all the same .Well get this ,most people do care enough about suicide victims and their familys .It all part of being human and not having a cold heart .

deadhead13 wrote: »
    It is one thing not being particularly affected by the story, but it is another thing entirely to take the piss out of 2 teenage girls killing themselves in an effort to get a few more thanks .

every cloud..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Muggy Dev

Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This is very tragic. I think it's extremely upsetting and I know that this is AH but really, the suicides of two young girls is never a joking matter. RIP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement