Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Girls Suicide Jump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

davyjose wrote: »
    Build a bridge....

And Jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Loopy wrote: »
    See this is how AH works..
    You see a thread you dont like.
    You dont post in it..
    Very simple.

BTW if you think I want to poke fun at Suicide your deluded.

Perhaps you were not intending to poke fun at suicide but by posting it in AH you were definitely hoping somebody would!

As another poster said AH is is not really the place for this type of news story.

The death of young people however they die is always a sad event!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dublin Hibby

"Stingy bastards them Scots" **** you, you feelingless spud eatin ****wit

Rob_l wrote: »
    Perhaps you were not intending to poke fun at suicide but by posting it in AH you were definitely hoping somebody would!

No I wasn't.
    Im always interested to hear people's views on Suicide as its a subject close to my heart.
    As another poster said AH is is not really the place for this type of news story.

So no serious topics for AH then?
    Just the YORE Ma type crap we see every day...
    The death of young people however they die is always a sad event!

Indeed, but lets not talk about it eh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Feelingless? It's not often you hear someone use that word.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I bet Facebook had something to do with it...

No I wasn't.
    Im always interested to hear people's views on Suicide as its a subject close to my heart.

So tell me what have the majority of peoples views in AH been so far? Got some answers and inciteful thought here have we hmmm?
    So no serious topics for AH then?
    Just the YORE Ma type crap we see every day...

Isn't that one of the core rules of AH dont post it here unless you want the piss taken out of the subject, there are plenty of places for serious discussion on boards i have never considered AH one of them.
    Indeed, but lets not talk about it eh.

AH is in the recreation subgroup of forums so lets not talk about it here

Edit: unless perhaps you consider suicide a new recreational activity

Rob_l wrote: »
    So tell me what have the majority of peoples views in AH been so far? Got some answers and inciteful thought here have we hmmm?

Actually apart from the YORE MA Brigade - there are a lot of serious, interesting posters in AH..
    Isn't that one of the core rules of AH dont post it here unless you want the piss taken out of the subject, there are plenty of places for serious discussion on boards i have never considered AH one of them.

That's in the charter is it?
    AH is in the recreation subgroup of forums so lets not talk about it here

No you don't have to if you dont want to, but I do and others may want too as well.
    That ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

As I said in my first post, this story really isn't After Hours material, what I meant was the subject of teen suicide, this is a light hearted sub-forum, for piss-takes and what have you.

If you actually wanted to discuss this seriously, why not throw it over to Humanities or such?

• Advertisement

Actually apart from the YORE MA Brigade - there are a lot of serious, interesting posters in AH..

Indeed there are, Im sure the humour forums have many interesting posters too as Im sure do the Sex and sexuality forums I still wouldn't post a thread about suicide there!

That's in the charter is it?

I wouldn't expect so, doesn't make it any less a truth!
    No you don't have to if you dont want to, but I do and others may want too as well.
    That ok?

I wont and regardless of your defence of this topic i will always assume it was posted here for reactionary purposes not for some thought provoking discussion or in any hope that there would be such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Haven't been here long but I can see that AH is not the place for anything like this story OP.
    It would seem to me that everything is fair game in here.
    OP saying that you wanted a discussion on this topic , then I think you are deluding yourself thinking here would be the place.

I have seen numerous AH threads on Suicide..
    As I said the last thing I posted this thread was for people to mock suicide.
    I stupidly assumed the dickheads just wouldn't post.

/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

What was the deal with that music in the suicide club video?

Kinda robbed the whole thing of it's feeling.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Region, Abroad, United Kingdom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Oh I see its another one of those "Someone posts some serious, people make fun, other people get angry and bitch at people that made fun, wah wah wah" threads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Kradock wrote: »
    Haven't been here long but I can see that AH is not the place for anything like this story OP.
    It would seem to me that everything is fair game in here.
    OP saying that you wanted a discussion on this topic , then I think you are deluding yourself thinking here would be the place.
    No you havent been here long so you would not have seen how many serious threads we have had here. Coming in to a suicide thread and acting the idiot is very childish and makes you look like, well, an idiot.

If you dont like the topic then stay away from the thread.

ps. i'm not calling you an idiot, just those who think its funny to joke about suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Who the hell is Tila Tequila and why is she threatening suicide live on Twitter?

Doesn't she realise that she can't twitter "I did it!" after she shoots herself?

Given her seeming lack of higher brain functions, I wouldn't rule out her thinking she can twitter about it after shooting herself in the head, or her actually being able to do so.

Kiera wrote: »
    No you havent been here long so you would not have seen how many serious threads we have had here. Coming in to a suicide thread and acting the idiot is very childish and makes you look like, well, an idiot.

If you dont like the topic then stay away from the thread.

ps. i'm not calling you an idiot, just those who think its funny to joke about suicide.

If you are not referring to me , why quote my post. Read through the thread and find where I was trying to be funny about suicide.

Where in the thread have I made a stupid or childish remark?

I looked at the thread to see if there was something worth reading about in it. I posted what I thought because I felt that the OP was posting it in AH to get a reaction.

• Advertisement

If you are not referring to me , why quote my post. Read through the thread and find where I was trying to be funny about suicide.

Where in the thread have I made a stupid or childish remark?

I looked at the thread to see if there was something worth reading about in it. I posted what I thought because I felt that the OP was posting it in AH to get a reaction.
    I quoted your post to let you know there have been serious threads in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

donmeister wrote: »
    NAHM

(Not After Hour's Material)

How so?

FearDark wrote: »
    Stop finding these types of stories and posting here... seriously.

"Oh look an awful story, I'll post it in AH so people can poke fun at it - but the fox that I am I'll put a couple of :(:(:( to make me look like i give a fucking shit"

This is what we call the news. Nobody wants to hear of the good things, because it is simply not entertaining. Gorey depressing blood guts and death is what people like to read. For what reason I do not know. More fun would be poked at them if this story was a happy one.

Anyway, were they hot? It's such a shame to see hot women killing themselves :(

davyjose wrote: »
    Build a bridge....
    And Jump.
    I have seen numerous AH threads on Suicide..
    As I said the last thing I posted this thread was for people to mock suicide.
    I stupidly assumed the dickheads just wouldn't post.

/

Seems a bit hypocritical to me .

I quoted your post to let you know there have been serious threads in AH.

Your earlier post when read would seem to indicate that you think I have come on and made childish and idiotic remarks .

I haven't as I do not find anything funny in suicide with good reason.

Your earlier post when read would seem to indicate that you think I have come on and made childish and idiotic remarks .

I haven't as I do not find anything funny in suicide with good reason.
    I should have paragraphed it correctly. My point was, you have not been around here long. Therefore you havent seen the amount of serious threads that have graced us in AH.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me .

Sometimes your left with no choice, I doubt his feelings were hurt.

I should have paragraphed it correctly. My point was, you have not been around here long. Therefore you havent seen the amount of serious threads that have graced us in AH.

Fair enough . I look forward to seeing a few.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

amazing how these deaths are treated with hilarity by a good few but when a recent high profile suicide occurred there was no such thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

There's always problems with 'serious' threads in AH.

I had a thread locked because it was about Suicide. I thought it went well, there was one or two childish/facecious comments but also good discussion. Ultimately, it got closed because people whinged it wasn't suited.

I always find the claim certain things shouldn't be discussed here completely ridiculous. This is claimed to be akin to a pub chat basically isn't it? I.e. anything can be discussed here.

I haven't been here that long, but I've saw numerous threads on Suicide/Abortion etc. that have been very interesting. There's bound to be an idiot or two make a joke, but the majority of posters here are capable of posting in a mature manner.

Anyway, I digress.
    It's a terrible shame about these two girls. I saw something recently about educating teachers on signs of depression; this obviously needs to be done to reduce the appalling teen suicide rate in the UK.

• Advertisement

Peep O'Day wrote: »
    amazing how these deaths are treated with hilarity by a good few but when a recent high profile suicide occurred there was no such thing
    we don't even know their names and they're in a different country. who the fuk cares really.. there's 7 billion people in this world.

Advertisement