Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you read on the toilet?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

If i'm at home its a book, right now i'm cr***ing my way through The Silver Swan by Benjamin Black

But in work i tend to print stuff out from the papers or sutes like Slate or Salon

We get newspapers where i work, somepeople bring them in when theyre going for a sit down, i think thats disgusting....

If I'm stuck i'll read a shampoo bottle, or look up something on my phone

Any thoughts on crapper reading material?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

reading this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

4-4-2 or a book ("In search of Robert Millar" at the mo)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Shampoo bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I normally read the back of Shampoo bottles or Shaving cream or what ever I can find . Shower gel is quite interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

magazine or play my DS :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

The bible. It can also be used for toilet paper.
    (Stephen busting tip)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Surf the web:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I arrange the hair on my thighs into a neat French plait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I only shit when i need to. I never understood this thing of sitting on the toilet for 5 minutes, aren't there better things you could be doing with your time :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I only shit when i need to. I never understood this thing of sitting on the toilet for 5 minutes :confused:.

Yeah same, out in 2 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I don't read on the toilet. I find it a weird thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I only shit when i need to. I never understood this thing of sitting on the toilet for 5 minutes, aren't there better things you could be doing with your time :confused:.

5 minutes? You've got to be kidding me lad.

A good 10 every morning is the only healthy option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Whatever comes to hand. Be it soap or toothpaste. I don't purposely bring something to read when I go to the bog!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Like what? Sometimes I even stay on the jacks to finish the page, article or chapter I'm reading.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I usually read the toilet paper after i'm done. God only knows what you'd find on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

giftgrub wrote: »
    If i'm at home its a book, right now i'm cr***ing my way through The Silver Swan by Benjamin Black

But in work i tend to print stuff out from the papers or sutes like Slate or Salon

We get newspapers where i work, somepeople bring them in when theyre going for a sit down, i think thats disgusting....

If I'm stuck i'll read a shampoo bottle, or look up something on my phone

Any thoughts on crapper reading material?

Was this your attempt at a pun?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

101 Greatest Dumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I usually play word warp on my iPhone, or check facebook.
    I always hate sitting down for a constitutional and realising my iPhone is downstairs. I've already read every bottle of product in the bathroom.

Although I used to have a book called the Big Toilet reader, it had thousands of articles of all different lengths for the amount of time you'll be in there. Learned lots of random stuff from that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

Boards.ie on the phone. Can be in there for ages if I find a good thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Wouldn't read much, just clean out the bell butter off me todger with whatever toothbrush is handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Nothing. I would never be in there that long, the idea of people reading in the bog appalls me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

iPhone - it'll change the way you sh*t forever. They don't say it in the ads but every iPhone owner will tell you this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It takes me 2 minutes to **** at most. That's not long enough to read anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

Homer Simpsons book of wisdom. Read it hundreds of times, but its good jax material.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I keep several books and magazines in the crapper which I update weekly.

It's a little thing called hospitality, look it up some time you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I just look at pictures :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I tend to read 'Viz' magazine whilst on the bowl. Love the 'Reader's Top Tips' section. My favourite include -

- Increase blind people's electricity bills, by turning on all their lights when their guide dogs are not looking!

- Motorists! I find that pressing the break pedal when approaching a bend helps to slow your vehicle down.

Or my favourite tip EVER:

- Parents! Child choking to death on an ice cube? DON'T PANIC! Simply pour a jug of boiling water down it's throat, and the blockage
    will be dislodged immediately.

:D:D

Don't know about Viz helping me to s***, but I would certainly be p***ing myself whilst reading it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Its hard to sh!te, fap and read all at once. Somethins gotta give and its usually reading

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

how long do you people spend on the toilet ffs.

Im never in there long enough to have time to read anything. I only go to the toilet when there is an immanent chance of crapping myself. So once my cheeks hit the seat there is no waiting around. haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

How can you multi-task like that?!?
    If I do both at once my head will melt...

Advertisement