Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Brian Lenihan Video Again.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

A chip off the old block. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Mario007 wrote: »
    am maybe coughlan was right.... Jobs

that has nothing to do with lisbon unless you are suggesting it was a bribe to get a yes vote in which case you should maybe discuss it in conspirocy theories forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Perhaps he'll hire a new PR guru to deal with this matter.

Hence a job created as a result of Lisbon!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

It seems like common sense to me. Our economy is in the crapper. We need investors to have confidence in our chances of recovery. Chances of recovery are higher with the support of our EU colleagues than if we'd pissed them of for scuppering seven years hard work. Ergo we are more likely to see job creation resulting from a yes vote than if we had voted no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I think the fact we are having this whole discussion shows how idiotic three word slogans are. Three words is firmly in the realm of interpretation. My interpretation of "Yes to Jobs" is actually "dont say No to Jobs," as I explain here.

So a lot of people are bitter that either they or some other people fell for 3 word slogans. They feel FF lied to them. They didn't. They threw out a 3 word slogan that people assumed meant "goody, the government will create Jobs if we vote Yes." And it didn't.

The Yes to Jobs realm is where the government doesn't have control. It will be the work of economics that will make the Yes to Jobs true, as companies have more confidence in Ireland Inc. I know people in 21st century Ireland have become so accustomed to the government doing everything for them that anything less than full control of the direction of things amounts to lying. It doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

turgon wrote: »
    They feel FF lied to them. They didn't.

This thread isn't about whether FF lied during the Lisbon campaign. Lisbon is over, that arguement has been won and lost.

This thread is about the lying they are doing now.

One more time.

Lenny said
    "....the referendum was presented as a job creation program, that is simply not correct"

The FF press release stated
    Yes to Lisbon, Yes to FDI, Yes to New Jobs

I suppose in ten years time we'll come back and Lenny will be denying he ever said NAMA could break even and the same people will come out and say of course he's right, I never bought into that NAMA rubbish anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

dresden8 wrote: »
    This thread is about the lying they are doing now.

Indeed, my bad. Well the fact hes said "Yes to New Jobs" is quite different, it eliminated the interpretation I made above.

Presumably Mr Lenihin will now wait for corporations to use this confidence to create Jobs. It wont happen fast though. While I feel that Yes to New Jobs may have been a valid economic reason to vote Yes, I certainly think that basing your campaign on it is unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

turgon wrote: »
    While I feel that Yes to New Jobs may have been a valid economic reason to vote Yes, I certainly think that basing your campaign on it is unethical.

And then to deny it while the count is still on. (or was it just finished)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

They usually wait until the posters are down to start the u-turn.

This must be a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

utick wrote: »
    that has nothing to do with lisbon unless you are suggesting it was a bribe to get a yes vote in which case you should maybe discuss it in conspirocy theories forum.

i'm suggesting its an eu investment. and if we were not to ratify the lisbon future investments like that might not go our way...see thats goodwill working there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement