Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbital To Play Tripod

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Yeah I still have my ticket somewhere too. I was out of work at the time and my girlfriend (now wife) bought me my ticket... was well chuffed but a little :o as we were only going out a couple of months!

Had won tickets through a competition in the Star for that night but another night is driving me nuts here.
    A couple of years later a friend had won tickets in the local radio station for Faithless in the Point and could'nt go at the last minute so i went in with a friend, but who supported them that night can anyone remember, could of sworn it was Orbital :confused: or it was a similar dance act..
    The night was actually terrible, loads of trouble, stabbings if i remember correctly, just cannot remember who supported them that night.
    Anyone ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,327 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I hear they are playing a 2nd date on Sat 14th.

Looking fo a link now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

derra wrote: »
    Had won tickets through a competition in the Star for that night but another night is driving me nuts here.
    A couple of years later a friend had won tickets in the local radio station for Faithless in the Point and could'nt go at the last minute so i went in with a friend, but who supported them that night can anyone remember, could of sworn it was Orbital :confused: or it was a similar dance act..
    The night was actually terrible, loads of trouble, stabbings if i remember correctly, just cannot remember who supported them that night.

Kosheen - I turned down the offer of free tickets from a girl i had been trying to sleep with because i didn't want to see decoder and substance debasing themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

****, I thought the fatboy slim gig this summer was the advent of this carry-on....

Ireland eh?

Lets just get cherap flights to Leeds or Manchester!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

just cannot remember who supported them that night.
    Anyone ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Dunno I was 10

• Advertisement

Kosheen - I turned down the offer of free tickets from a girl i had been trying to sleep with because i didn't want to see decoder and substance debasing themselves...
    So that was the 2001 show in the Point, still have it in my head a big dance act played with them. Possibly the 1999 Heineken Green Festival in the Point,
    Could of been CJ Bolland, may just raid the attic and find the ticket !!

****, I thought the fatboy slim gig this summer was the advent of this carry-on....

Ireland eh?

Lets just get cherap flights to Leeds or Manchester!!!

:D:D
    FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    just cannot remember who supported them that night.

Dunno I was 10[/QUOTE]
    Make us feel old why dont ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Could of been CJ Bolland, may just raid the attic and find the ticket !!

Sure ya may as well get the decorations down while your up there, its nearly that time:eek::eek::eek:

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Sure ya may as well get the decorations down while your up there, its nearly that time:eek::eek::eek:
    Slow down chap :D
    Get by HELLoween first.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

was in at the ticketmaster desk today to get a ticket and they guy said they were pulled from being on sale and doesnt know why -- and said it definitely wasnt sold out so.....maybe expect bad news:(

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

They announced a second date 2day. Money *cough* grabbing *cough* bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    They announced a second date 2day. Money *cough* grabbing *cough* bastards!

How are they money grabbing bstards because they run a 2nd night? Surely the demand has determined the need for a 2nd night?

What I will say though and to echo what has already been said, it is a pity they are playing a club environment rather than a live venue... I would be much more inclined to go if they had been playing somewhere else, not keen on the idea of seeing them in a club setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The new O2 would've been perfect for them, although I doubt they would've filed it.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah the O2 would have been great alright but agree they may not fill somewhere like that. Even in 96 the Point certainly wasn't full from what I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Felixdhc wrote: »
    How are they money grabbing bstards because they run a 2nd night? Surely the demand has determined the need for a 2nd night?

What I will say though and to echo what has already been said, it is a pity they are playing a club environment rather than a live venue... I would be much more inclined to go if they had been playing somewhere else, not keen on the idea of seeing them in a club setting.

tripod upstairs is pretty big, i would think it would be a great gig and will be going along myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Slow down chap :D
    Get by HELLoween first.:pac:

I know, tell that to the shops, you would think they would cream Oiche Samhain for all its worth first but they just cant wait;)

Had planned a weekend heading up Carauntoohil, but just got a ticket to Ireland France and to Orbital so guess that goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Fiver in to the Twisted Pepper afterwards if you hang on to your ticket stubs!

crates.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Had planned a weekend heading up Carauntoohil, but just got a ticket to Ireland France and to Orbital so guess that goes out the window.

mate texted me this evening saying the time on Sat changed to later, so checked Loopz.co.uk forum and one of the posters there linked to Ticketmaster page for the gig and is now says 10pm start for Sat 14th:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004341B4802755?artistid=807220&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

double checked on http://pod.ie if you click on Orbital 14th it says
    ORBITAL
    14 Nov 2009
    Tripod

Doors 7:30pm - Orbital on stage aprox 10pm

On stage 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dolphie

Yeah, according to ticketmaster they've been put back til 10pm to accomodate anyone watching the match. They're on from 10pm til midnight but don't know if you will be ejected at midnight or allowed to stay on for DOWNLOAD.....anyone know?

that's rated one of the best orbital gig's i've been too... worth every cent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

DubFit wrote: »
    that's rated one of the best orbital gig's i've been too... worth every cent

Jesus, if you're home and posting stuff up by 1am and genuinely feel you had a good night out then I commend you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Guest !!

I'm going to the gig tommorow night & was just wondering what pub close bye is the best to watch the footie in.

Anyone else planning on doing the same?

If they kicking it off at 10 then doen't leave much time to get there after the match and the q's at that time will be ridiculos with everyone prob doing something similar.

So closest/good pub please :P Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Guest !! wrote: »
    I'm going to the gig tommorow night & was just wondering what pub close bye is the best to watch the footie in.

If they kicking it off at 10 then doen't leave much time to get there after the match and the q's at that time will be ridiculos with everyone prob doing something similar.

That True, i'll be town with a few mates watching the match and then straight up to see orbital!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Guest !! wrote: »

Bleeding Horse on Camden St. might be your best bet.....loads of TV's, but it'll probably be packed so get there well before kick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ItsAnOmen

Orbital were amazing.

jimi_t wrote: »
    Jesus, if you're home and posting stuff up by 1am and genuinely feel you had a good night out then I commend you.

:) well they were on stage at 9pm on friday so it was an early enough gig... if it is any consolation i was home later after the saturday night gig as it started at 10pm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

oh well then it must have been a good one ;)

Left Croke Park and made the Orbital gig with plenty of time to spare, I'd say it was about 10.20 by the time they started. Thought the first hour was excellent, and of course Chime was incredible, but they used it too early and the second half had one or two duds like the awful Satan and that cringing Heaven is a Place on Earth thing they do for Halcyon. Good night overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Left Croke Park and made the Orbital gig with plenty of time to spare, I'd say it was about 10.20 by the time they started. Thought the first hour was excellent, and of course Chime was incredible, but they used it too early and the second half had one or two duds like the awful Satan and that cringing Heaven is a Place on Earth thing they do for Halcyon. Good night overall though.

Yeah they played that Belinda Carlisle track the first night as well. A mate of mine texted me to tell me that but he said overall it was a really good gig.

• Advertisement

It is such a 'wtf' moment. Had been warned about it, but you scratch your head and wonder how could they themselves not realise that they are ruining a classic - course it's theirs, so I guess they have the right to do what they like, but it's just wrong.

Advertisement