Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbital To Play Tripod

Options
  • 02-10-2009 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

November 13th just announced today,jaysus it's my sons christening the week before so ill have to (somehow) find the money to come back to Dublin 2 weekends running but ive not seen Orbital since Oxegen years ago and they are my all time fav dance act so ill have to be going :)
    ORBITAL to play TRIPOD Friday 13th Nov. Tickets on sale 9am Tuesday 6th Oct.

Techno legends Orbital will play their first indoor Irish show since 2001 at Dublin’s Tripod on Friday 13th November 09.

Following their incredible headline performance at Electric Picnic last month, the pioneering dance duo announce a return to Ireland for one of their fabled live shows, to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the release of their debut single “Chime”.

The 2 hour show will feature all the ground-breaking electronica and roof-raising techno anthems of the last two decades from one of the most influential dance acts of a generation.

**Tickets go on sale Tuesday 6th October at 9am**

“Hugely influential across several generations of dance” CLASH

“Festival favourites and dance music pioneers” THE TIMES

“Dance Titans” RADIO 1

POD presents

ORBITAL (Live)

Friday Nov 13th

Tripod – Harcourt St – Dublin 2.

Doors – 7pm

On stage - 8:30pm

Tickets €42.50/49.50 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster, City Discs, Sound Cellar and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie

www.loopz.co.uk

www.myspace.com/orbitalofficial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if it's the same format as their Brixton Gigs last week it will be a 2 hour set - so well worth the effort if ya can make it...

they also had this cool USB wristband they recorded the gig onto and you collected at the end of the night - altho it was £20 but good quality recording and great to hear the live treatment so the tracks...

i've the alarm set for 8:30am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Bollox, im broke until friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

49.50!!!!! Lol.

jtsuited wrote: »
    49.50!!!!! Lol.

yeah a bit steep eh! looks like we're maintaining rip off ireland thru the depression! brixton tickets were only £25...

still it's orbital so i'm booking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

isnt dave clarke playing as well ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

49.50!!!!! Lol.

**** that. Their set at EP this year was less than average.

**** that. Their set at EP this year was less than average.

yeah not happy about the steep price either... although it will be a different gig to the festival set; the Big Chill and Brixton gigs were... way better atmosphere and a 2 hour set at Brixton... hope that can be repeated in Tripod

fanclub pre-sales offer / password works grand (ref Loopz website)

roll on Nov 13 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Táck wrote: »
    isnt dave clarke playing as well ??

Clarke is down for the same night alright with a €20 price tag.

Is orbital an early show?

EDIT: Orbital Stage Time - 8.30pm

AN expensive night if you wanted to keep the party goign and see clarke as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

49.50!!!!! Lol.
    €49.50 :eek: :D That is beyond the joke.
    Clarke is down for the same night alright with a €20 price tag.

Is orbital an early show?

EDIT: Orbital Stage Time - 8.30pm

AN expensive night if you wanted to keep the party goign and see clarke as well
    Ya serious ?, so ya have to pay €49.50 to see Orbital and then pay €20 to see Dave Clarke :eek:

For some to be complaining about cost of entrance fees and price of drinks in clubs etc and then go pay that kind of money is just downright hypocritical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭billycox

how do i get a fan club code? i missed them at EP and dont want to miss them again, lol, ill be going in my oxegen t shirt i got at there "last ever irish gig"

• Advertisement

billycox wrote: »
    how do i get a fan club code?
    DubFit wrote: »
    fanclub pre-sales offer / password works grand (ref click here for info on Loopz website)

HALCYON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Where do I start?

49.50 means Tripod can go and suck my cock!!!

Its bad enough they charged 33 quid or whatever it was for the Laurent Garnier gig(which I didnt go to)but this takes the biscuit.Make a stance and just dont go.We've all seen them before,we all have the cds dont line the pockets of that money grabbing 515/Tripod shower.

Get a flight to Berlin,get tanked up on booze before going to the club,pay 10 quid in to a way better atmosphere of prob 10top class djs,stay up all day in the club and then get a flight back to Dublin and you'll hve payed less than 49.50 plus 5/6 euro a bottle of beer all night.

I hate this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Where do I start?

49.50 means Tripod can go and suck my cock!!!

Its bad enough they charged 33 quid or whatever it was for the Laurent Garnier gig(which I didnt go to)but this takes the biscuit.Make a stance and just dont go.We've all seen them before,we all have the cds dont line the pockets of that money grabbing 515/Tripod shower.

Get a flight to Berlin,get tanked up on booze before going to the club,pay 10 quid in to a way better atmosphere of prob 10top class djs,stay up all day in the club and then get a flight back to Dublin and you'll hve payed less than 49.50 plus 5/6 euro a bottle of beer all night.

I hate this country.

boards needs a like button similar to facebook

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Make a stance and just dont go.We've all seen them before,we all have the cds

not wanting to loose site of the subject, this is an orbital gig you are talking about ;) the live gig isn't the same as listenign to a CD... plus they haven't done a live gig in Dublin for a long time - while i agree the ticket price is expensive - it's still cheaper than me flying / staying / eating somwhere else to see them

but you are dead right, no one has to go, i'd much prefer to see them in the Olympia and pay less - but i'm a fan so i know i'd be pissed off on Nov 13 sitting somewhere else knowing they were paying up the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Thanks for presale code!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭billycox

Thanks for that Dubfit, just got my tickets, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Anyone who fancies doing anything after can split down the Twisted Pepper; we have:

Fanu (Lightless, Darkestral, Finland)

Fracture (Astrophonica, Hospital, UK)

DJ Trax (Moving Shadow, UK)

Executive Steve (REACH, Raidio na Life 106.4FM, IRL)

12 blips on the door tax, we don't do "expensive"

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    boards needs a like button similar to facebook

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thumbs_up

They weren't especially good at a recent festival in Clapham Common, but I'd say they could be good in a decent sized club environment... Wish that I'd made it to the Brixton ones instead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Indeed the price is shocking alright but i missed them while they were playing in Manchester and Leeds which was only about £22.50 or thereabouts so just this once ill bite the bullet and pay, it is a live show anyway and they certainly do put on an amazing show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭conman

yeah a bit steep eh! looks like we're maintaining rip off ireland thru the depression! brixton tickets were only £25...

still it's orbital so i'm booking...

and thats exactly why we are rip off ireland, we willingly pay for anything..

• Advertisement

conman wrote: »
    and thats exactly why we are rip off ireland, we willingly pay for anything..

i'm not willing to pay for anything... in fact i'm well thrifty and have been for years ;) which is why on an occasion like this i can treat myself to something i know i'll enjoy... i'm a fan of Orbital and don't know when i'll get to see them next, so i've my tickets booked and can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

not wanting to loose site of the subject, this is an orbital gig you are talking about ;) the live gig isn't the same as listenign to a CD... plus they haven't done a live gig in Dublin for a long time - while i agree the ticket price is expensive - it's still cheaper than me flying / staying / eating somwhere else to see them

Im not saying fly to somewhere else to see them Im saying that the ticket is so expensive that you could fly to Berlin and party all day and night for the same price as a 2 hour gig in Tripod.

Also I know its not the same as the CD but ive seen them before Live,I have their cds and thats enough for me because there is no way im paying 49.50 to get into the Tripod.

This is the problem with Ireland,we'll pay anything.When I talk to the French or Germans they just laugh at us because we never make a stance on anything.Theres no justification in a 49.50 ticket price.Im not saying this from a tight point of view.I splurged monney on stuff you wouldnt believe in the good days but my perspective has seriously changed in this recession and it makes you see how rip off its is.

sure my first reaction this morning was, that's steep!

not sure how this thread has headed off on a social/economical tangent... but here goes ;) it can be very difficult to put a price on what other people enjoy or their personal interests.... i will enjoy this gig and live with the memory of being there with my mates, reliving times past and storing it away to remember in the future...

i didn't take part in any splurging during the "good times" and was well aware how much of a rip off most things were (the "benefit" of having lived through the late 70s and the 80s i suppose)

to all those who are going on about people throwing away cash on "anything"... some of us are capable of budgeting for stuff we enjoy so when something of interest comes along there is an option to go or not... this is of interest to me... i'm going... can't wait to see them again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jonny68 wrote: »
    Indeed the price is shocking alright but i missed them while they were playing in Manchester and Leeds which was only about £22.50 or thereabouts so just this once ill bite the bullet and pay, it is a live show anyway and they certainly do put on an amazing show.
    what a hypocrite

i seriously dont want to ever hear one of your "too expensive,englands cheaper,were all idiots for letting them charge this"rants ever again.

No offence chap, but any credibilty ya ever had is gone out the window regarding over priced nights etc.
    There are numerous posts there to support your hypocrisy.

derra wrote: »
    No offence chap, but any credibilty ya ever had is gone out the window regarding over priced nights etc.
    There are numerous posts there to support your hypocrisy.

read my post again you fcuking mincer it's a ONCE off, i missed them in Manchester and Leeds so im not gonna have another opportunity to see them, ill not be paying money like that ever again to see anyone!!!!

As for nash you muppet fcuk off and die you pest :mad:

read my post again you fcuking mincer it's a ONCE off, i missed them in Manchester and Leeds so im not gonna have another opportunity to see them, ill not be paying money like that ever again to see anyone!!!!

tut tut tut
    A man of your age going on like that.
    Your still a hypocrite, no two ways about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ha ha ha ha guess you can read my posts after all.

seriously even with your once off excuse it doesnt let you off the hook.
    any of the gigs you gave out about could have beens other peoples "once offs"

50 quid for an act and you have the cheek to criticise people for paying 20 quid into seeing a dj they like

hypocrite,such a hypocrite:D:D:D

derra wrote: »
    tut tut tut
    A man of your age going on like that.
    Your still a hypocrite, no two ways about it.

and your a prick so go fcuk yourself....

• Advertisement

and your a prick so go fcuk yourself....

Think you will find that the general consenus amongst everyone is that you are ;)

Advertisement