Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

At least you live in a country where central heating is normal

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

We haven't put the heating on yet - but we may need to soon. Floor was a bit cold this morning and yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

think i have only had it on once since spring/summer started, havn't felt the need

although did notice it cold last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

The weather's still nice and warm, no need for it yet.

Now come mid December when there's ice hanging from the ceiling and there's a glacier slowly descending down the stairs then and only then will I start to think about preparing the comencement of saving up to maybe buy some oil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lightning_saa

Well us students are great for ur CO1 emmisions, not bothering getting oil fer another few weeks yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Dankoozy wrote: »
    but CO1 sounds better

NERD ALERT!!!!

This IS After Hours, . . isn't it?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Recession!

No he's just a cheap bastard like the original poster

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

haven't had the heat on since Feb :D after we got our 1st ESB bill which, after 3 weeks with the storage heating on, was double what our current two-monthly ones are....

Apartments all around keepin us toasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I can't remember the last time the heat has been on in my house,
    it's definitely been months and months.
    The fire hasn't been lit in months either.
    Ever since the whole house got double glazed,it's just not cold inside.
    I will be lighting a fire and have heat on though in about december I'd say,probably up until the end of Feb or mid March.

I like being warm,but hate when you go into a house that is so overbearing with heat,that it feels stuffy and makes you tired.
    A happy medium suits me. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No he's just a cheap bastard like the original poster

if bastard was a referece to stupidity you would be a bastard unfor I have legit parents so I am not a bastard!

additionally I never mentioned saving money i could be eco and saving the planet or as many of the posters have pointed out. I am still finding it warm.

However the money I am saving by not turning on the rads is being spent on the dryer sorting the clothes

So to conclude its not me who is the bastard I am sorry!

Advertisement