Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A word of thanks to our moderators here.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I haven't read this whole thread, but I wish to express my thanks to the moderators for allowing the discussion to continue in a (mostly) civilised manner and more importantly thanks to boards.ie for solidifying my yes vote, and contributing in it's own way to the overwhelming YES result.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

funkyflea wrote: »
    I haven't read this whole thread, but I wish to express my thanks to the moderators for allowing the discussion to continue in a (mostly) civilised manner and more importantly thanks to boards.ie for solidifying my yes vote, and contributing in it's own way to the overwhelming YES result.

Thank you!

Ahemmm funkyflea,I thought the moderating was to ensure free speech, Catch infiltrators,correct misconceptions& point out when a lie was a lie(by either side)

boards.ie will not thank you for suggesting that the site contributed to the overwhelming YES result:D:D:D

How embarresing if it were true:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

ynotdu wrote: »
    Ahemmm funkyflea,I thought the moderating was to ensure free speech, Catch infiltrators,correct misconceptions& point out when a lie was a lie(by either side)

boards.ie will not thank you for suggesting that the site contributed to the overwhelming YES result:D:D:D

How embarresing if it were true:o:o:o

Well it would only be embarrassing it there weren't overwhelming reasons to vote Yes. If the treaty is a good thing people will be positive to it. It's not bias it's just reality (or reality bias as I saw someone calling it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Thanks for the Pro-Lisbon agenda lads, great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Thanks for the Pro-Lisbon agenda lads, great work.

Read the sticky, Bob.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

meglome wrote: »
    Well it would only be embarrassing it there weren't overwhelming reasons to vote Yes. If the treaty is a good thing people will be positive to it. It's not bias it's just reality (or reality bias as I saw someone calling it).

Lol meglome@ term reality bias.The perfect contradiction in terms:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

If I could start a thread on not thanking the mods on this forum I would.

Nothing to do with Lisbon - but they (we all know the one in particular) are biased.

--
    Ban - I do not care.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

I would also like to add my kudos to the mods!:p

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Ban - I do not care.
    As you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 WhiskeyTangoFox

The Mods did very well and their hard work should not go unrecognised but some of the infractions not handed out were bizarre.

But sure that is just a reflection of how the world works :)

Well done all concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

DeVore wrote: »
    As the Lisbon treaty comes to a close I'd like to thank the moderators for hard and often nerve-shredding work. Well done lads, its much appreciated.

The real thanks can be seen in a forum of robust debate. I learned more genuine information (on both sides!) from this forum then any other source online or offline.

You should be rightly proud of what has been accomplished here.

DeV.

I disagree, they seemed very biased towards the Yes side, check the help desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

Aidan1 wrote: »
    As yet another lurker, I can only add my congratulations to the mods.

Thanks to their efforts, this forum remained a sane and balanced place for debate, and was, for me at least, a bastion of sanity in a media world populated by ravaging EU armies coming to take our babies, grannies and fish.

More to the point, as some one who has worked in Brussels and has been a tiny little cog in that machine(but who generally can't post on politics fora for obvious reasons), the version of the EU portrayed here was uniquely accurate - thanks in no small art to the unceasing and quite brilliant work of a number of posters, notably Sam Vimes, EI.whatever, Oscar Bravo, and, of course, Scofflaw. That, in and of itself, has been a monumental act of public service.

Admiringly, Gratefully, Toadily

Aidan

As a No voter,I respect the wishes of the Irish people and I would like to congratulate the Yes side (especially on this forum) for providing a well organised and to some extent a fairly commendable presentation of well researched view on the treaty.

You ommitted a very important poster-Popebuckfast!...I am of the opinion that he/she alongside Scofflaw would be responsible for swaying a lot of otherwise No voters due to the high quality of their presentations as opposed to the mudslinging that most of the Yes campaigners on Boards exhibited...it was easily decipherable that most of Yes campaigners merely plagiarised arguements from these two.

Posterity would determine which side had the accurate long-term view of the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

TBH the accusations of bias are hilarious. They could have probably banned twice as many people if they wanted on both sides but instead explained the nonsense away over and over again.

Hell I took a few day break from the forum because I couldn't put up with reading the crap anymore from either side and the only sanity seemed to come from the mods.

Just glad its all over TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

procure11 wrote: »
    As a No voter,I respect the wishes of the Irish people and I would like to congratulate the Yes side (especially on this forum) for providing a well organised and to some extent a fairly commendable presentation of well researched view on the treaty.

You ommitted a very important poster-Popebuckfast!...I am of the opinion that he/she alongside Scofflaw would be responsible for swaying a lot of otherwise No voters due to the high quality of their presentations as opposed to the mudslinging that most of the Yes campaigners on Boards exhibited...it was easily decipherable that most of Yes campaigners merely plagiarised arguements from these two.

Posterity would determine which side had the accurate long-term view of the debate.

+1,

I freely admit that these two provided the foundation for a lot of my opinions on the treaty. Very good posters, endlessly patient and very articulate.

Would also like to mention sink who probably single handedly convinced me to vote yes with this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

ynotdu wrote: »
    Lol meglome@ term reality bias.The perfect contradiction in terms:)

I didn't coin the phrase but I did find it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

P.ie caters for a certain level of debate. Very entertaining reading but I'd hate to think an undecided voter was making their mind up over there.

Here, imperfect as it is, you will get reasonable discussion, based on the Treaty and what the EU means.

Personally, I believe this site is considered Yes biased because in a Mods words, there is a low idiocy level.

There is a CT section for a lot of stuff that clutters up P.ie.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement