Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist knocked down on O'Connell St. at 5.30 today

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

just copped this thread, i know the guy that fell off his bike, he`s grand besides a cut on his elbow, and sore ribs

he said some chick just walked out in front of him ,and when he hit his breaks, his wheel just buckled underneath him,

i was talking to him the day after it happened, he was still shaken up, but he`s getting a new bike anyway this weekend, so all is good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

just copped this thread, i know the guy that fell off his bike, he`s grand besides a cut on his elbow, and sore ribs

he said some chick just walked out in front of him ,and when he hit his breaks, his wheel just buckled underneath him,

i was talking to him the day after it happened, he was still shaken up, but he`s getting a new bike anyway this weekend, so all is good

Was she hot? Could be a good way to meet someone...note to self, plough bike into hot looking girls.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    note to self, plough bike into hot looking girls.

Let us know how that goes for you.

el tonto wrote: »
    Let us know how that goes for you.

Will do. I was thinking more of making a bee line, then falling off before actually making contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I was cycling along a cycle path I don't normally use the other day and a bus driver let someone out in traffic, not at a stop. He popped off gingerly in front of me. Cue swerving and cursing.

If you were let out (illegally) in traffic, why would you not look before getting off the bus? Pedestrians simply turn their backs as if "if I can't see it, it can't hurt me".

Exact same thing happened to me on Thursday morning, only I found myself lying on my side in traffic, still clipped to the bike, bus driver laughing. TWAT!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Will do. I was thinking more of making a bee line, then falling off before actually making contact.

A cunning plan. You going to pull the patented Voodoo puppy dog eyes when you come off the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Was she hot? Could be a good way to meet someone...note to self, plough bike into hot looking girls.

I have done something similar. I fell off my bike while looking at a hot girl. She asked was I ok. I said I was.

We'll always have that moment.

A cunning plan. You going to pull the patented Voodoo puppy dog eyes when you come off the bike?

No, I'm thinking the far less subtle Dirk pants drop will impress her more. We'll see, these are all details that i will worry about when I see the hot girl and entice her to j-walk.

Sure what girl could resist that.

Sure what girl could resist that.

Resist is a very strong word. It gets their attention though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

he said some chick just walked out in front of him ,and when he hit his breaks, his wheel just buckled underneath him

Mavic should use this scenario in its R-SYS marketing.

Q: What do blondes and golden retrievers have in common?

A: Both can cause you to total your front wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

A hot chick stepped out in front of me on the quays last year. Sharp braking ensued, and we ended up in a near embrace for a few moments as my saddle hovered up near my shoulders.

I'm spoken for in the hot chick dept, but it did occur to me that it could be a reasonable ploy for making their acquaintance for those of us un attached. Or into photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

lukester wrote: »
    A hot chick stepped out in front of me on the quays last year. Sharp braking ensued, and we ended up in a near embrace for a few moments as my saddle hovered up near my shoulders.

I'm spoken for in the hot chick dept, but it did occur to me that it could be a reasonable ploy for making their acquaintance for those of us un attached. Or into photography.

Perhaps she stepped out on purpose? Is there a hot chicks forum where they talk about how to ensnare hot cyclists?

I tried finding it on Google, but got sidetracked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭TimAllen

Is there another parallel universe where TimAllen didn't run out of petrol and some dope didn't cycle into the back of him and he isn't posting on the boards cycling forum?

If yes, how do I get there?
    Simple, take your head out of your swiss roll, and follow the yellow brick road - but keep in towards the kerb and dont hold up the real traffic.
    If you ask him, the wizard might grant you your wish, for a big set of steel ones!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Second star on the left and straight on till morning pete.

TimAllen wrote: »
    Simple, take your head out of your swiss roll, and follow the yellow brick road - but keep in towards the kerb and dont hold up the real traffic.
    If you ask him, the wizard might grant you your wish, for a big set of steel ones!!!!:D
    Brilliant comeback.

Brilliant comeback.

I like the way he got something about holding up traffic in there, classic Tim!

Nuts, its saturday morning...he is gone for another week.

I like the way he got something about holding up traffic in there, classic Tim!

Nuts, its saturday morning...he is gone for another week.
    Off to video tape cyclists, I'd say.

Advertisement