Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST DUBLIN BIKE SHOP (NEW POLL)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Jimmy Stagg Cycles Lucan
    mockler007 wrote: »
    listen fox and other companies refere to them as shocks, i do as im a mech on trucks, so listen stop being cocky and argumentative, its not the end of the world, you could always say here mockler you should have put rear shocks in ur post so not to confuse ppl, instead of name calling, insulting me, grow up lad yeh

I was actually going to ask were you a motor mechanic. Because you lot are so much better than bike mechanics:rolleyes:(or so ive been informed lots of times...."what you mean I havnt fitted that chain right? Im a car mechanic!")

Car mechanic= Plug in computer, computer says replace a part, you unbolt and replace the part. (yes Bike mechanics can be condascending too)

Oh and TXT spk, like LOL OMG U R SO COOL.

Jimmy Stagg Cycles Lucan
    i did mention rear forks, dont get your knickers in a twist,

Seriously you should quit while your only a little behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    gor to foxshocks and you have a choice, forks and shocks, aswell all the rest, rockshox etc, email them and tell them der wrong, quick hurry kona,
    and by the way its suspension not suspention ???

Jimmy Stagg Cycles Lucan
    gor to foxshocks and you have a choice, forks and shocks, aswell all the rest, rockshox etc, email them and tell them der wrong, quick hurry kona,
    and by the way its suspension not suspention ???

Ha your possibly the only person here with worse spelling and punctuation than me. Thats really Bad!

You are embarrasing yourself, I said that you can have A)Forks and B) Rear Shocks.

Like is there no big lorry that needs a oil filter changed. Because I have a Kona Shred here thats getting new Forks.

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    kona wrote: »
    I was actually going to ask were you a motor mechanic. Because you lot are so much better than bike mechanics:rolleyes:(or so ive been informed lots of times...."what you mean I havnt fitted that chain right? Im a car mechanic!")

Car mechanic= Plug in computer, computer says replace a part, you unbolt and replace the part. (yes Bike mechanics can be condascending too)

Oh and TXT spk, like LOL OMG U R SO COOL.
    im a truck mech, hate cars for that reason, dont be so argumentative on my thread, do you pick goes with everyone on boards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dingleye

Cyclelogical Bacholors Walk
    Got mine in the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght, I had a look all over Dublin but alot of places only had bigger frame bikes (im only 5'3), a few places had only a few bikes on display, some were overpriced for what you were getting & most only had top of the range, expensive bikes!!! I gave myself a budget of 1K, they have a great selection & the staff are really helpful, threw in a discount & service too because I got a few other bits.

I have to say there's a s*it selection of womens bikes out there :(

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    so did you get your full susser or what, ive a dawg delux, i take it you have a kona aswell.?

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    Ha your possibly the only person here with worse spelling and punctuation than me. Thats really Bad!

You are embarrasing yourself, I said that you can have A)Forks and B) Rear Shocks.

Like is there no big lorry that needs a oil filter changed. Because I have a Kona Shred here thats getting new Forks.

oil filter change,? hahaha, try full engine rebuild, im the one with the qualification, unless you trained in the uk, then respect, i never said i was an expert on bikes, so please post it if you find it, so what if i use the odd der and lol, big deal, i didnt know it was english lessons, might take a trip into halfords one day to say hey, tallaght is it? if you did the uk bike mech course do you recommend it? was thinking of doing it,

Jimmy Stagg Cycles Lucan
    oil filter change,? hahaha, try full engine rebuild, im the one with the qualification, unless you trained in the uk, then respect, i never said i was an expert on bikes, so please post it if you find it, so what if i use the odd der and lol, big deal, i didnt know it was english lessons, might take a trip into halfords one day to say hey, tallaght is it? if you did the uk bike mech course do you recommend it? was thinking of doing it,

Engine rebuild? Lets call a spade a spade, there isnt much to rebuilding a engine if your anyway mechnically inclined.

A decent tool set, a haynes manual and your away. There are guys over in motors that do it in their kitchens FFS.

Now actually designing, testing and building a brand new engine from your own design, thats whats difficult. Thats what requires a qualification.

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    Engine rebuild? Lets call a spade a spade, there isnt much to rebuilding a engine if your anyway mechnically inclined.

A decent tool set, a haynes manual and your away. There are guys over in motors that do it in their kitchens FFS.

Now actually designing, testing and building a brand new engine from your own design, thats whats difficult. Thats what requires a qualification.

hhahaha yeh me uncle did that in me nans, she would be going mad at him,

• Advertisement

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    Dingleye wrote: »
    Got mine in the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght, I had a look all over Dublin but alot of places only had bigger frame bikes (im only 5'3), a few places had only a few bikes on display, some were overpriced for what you were getting & most only had top of the range, expensive bikes!!! I gave myself a budget of 1K, they have a great selection & the staff are really helpful, threw in a discount & service too because I got a few other bits.

I have to say there's a s*it selection of womens bikes out there :(
    dingley is a rothar mor, hows you hunny, hows work,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dingleye

dingley is a rothar mor, hows you hunny, hows work,

:eek: Rothar Mor?!?!? ... Oi... I could say worse about yourself there darling... so thread carefully :P xx
    Work's ok, kept going with what I started before lunch... well... just about, I havent got back into it yet, he he hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

Penny Farthing Camden st
    Mockler are you even irish ???? your grammer is super bad :)

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    Acoustic wrote: »
    Mockler are you even irish ???? your grammer is super bad :)

im from tallafornia acoustic. are you from fingerless?

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    im lazy when it comes to typing, not getting a gold star today that's for sure, your dads place is getting good votes acoustic, might get more custom??? who knows !!!! cycle surgery has got nothing, waste of a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Acoustic wrote: »
    Mockler are you even irish ????

@ Mockler, no offence but are you male or female?

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    whats that got to do with anything, if im female or male???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ELIZAB%7E1.DIN/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

Judging by this attempt at an upload, I'm going to guess "elizabeth"...

am I close?

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    click on my profile. maybe you might learn a thing r 2, thats the missus name so good guess, im not a whiz on pc's but i uploaded pics to another forum the other day, docu cycle lanes, anyway going off thread, stick to the thread please, or some what near it, ie best bike shops, dont wanna hear smart arses or know it alls melting my head. ;)

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    nereid wrote: »
    Judging by this attempt at an upload, I'm going to guess "elizabeth"...

am I close?
    so your sexist??? saying ladies cant use pcs ?
    for some reason it wont add a pic on this thread, when i uploaded a pic for other threads it worked fine on my pc, strange how that is. any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

so your sexist??? saying ladies cant use pcs ?

That was in no way a sexist comment, I merely used my short term memory, knowledge of windows' users and file systems and extensive powers of deduction to ascertain a best guess at a username.

I wasn't all that wrong, seeing as you admitted that the file in question is under another user profile on that machine.

Now, if I were to make a sexist comment, I would suggest that as a man you should know how to use computers.

Jimmy Stagg Cycles Lucan

Now, if I were to make a sexist comment, I would suggest that as a man you should know how to use computers.

:D:D:D:pac:

Thats funny.

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    well it made me laugh, ah so what if im not a super computer geek, will you loose sleep tonight knowing i couldnt upload on this particular pc? i doubt it, anyway like i asked any suggestions on how to sort it?

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    Im just taking the piss, when you have clowns wrecking your head every day with bollix like that, and looking at you with two faces because your dont understand them, you would take the piss too.

You never said you were a know it all. You said shocks and I asked what they were, and you gave a smart answer. I gave you a few back.

Also you dont like me, so Ive no interest in being nice to you

;)
    kona i do like you, you just take me up the wrong way, i know your a good mech, ive read the threads, but if i walked into a bike shop and was asking about what shocks you had, id be hardly taking about cars etc in a bike shop, ive a fox rear float shock rp23 on me dawg delux, a shock is a shock, go onto fox site and see for yourself, it gives you choices, forks or shocks, forks for the front, shocks for the rear. i found you funny what you wrote to me the first time and was laughen as i thought you were funny, wasnt being smart, sorry if you took me the wrong way man, im a bit dislexic at the best of times, dont knock me for it ok! you rep halfords well and i seen the crap you get, ive been on bikes 22 years, and hopefully another 22 years, peace:cool:

Cycle Inn Tallaght
    That was in no way a sexist comment, I merely used my short term memory, knowledge of windows' users and file systems and extensive powers of deduction to ascertain a best guess at a username.

I wasn't all that wrong, seeing as you admitted that the file in question is under another user profile on that machine.

its under the same username, different pc. you insinuated that ladies cant use pcs, and that would be classed as sexist, not pure fact, but the proof is in the writing my man! peace

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jestfest

The Bike Rack Cabinteely
    The Bike Shop in deansgrange is my favorite. The guy who works there is really friendly and helpful. They do really quick repairs too. I've gone there since I was little - which was quite a while back. It's good to support the small shops :) This poll reminds me that I need to get a service...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BenF

OC Tuning - best repair shop for serious mountain bikes - KCR industrial Estate Kimmage. The only Authorised Fox Service Centre in the country - wil service Rock Shox too. Do brake bleeds for only €15 a pop - which is cheaper than buying a bleed kit! Very fast turn around. OCTuning.ie

Very reasonably priced parts (damn close to CRC) and servicing. Flexible opening - give them a ring they're probably there late.

Rear hub bearings changed, new chain, block and middle chainring, all fitted for just €130 (they bled my brakes for free!) Fantastic - cannot recommend them highly enough. Will only use them from now on and I live way out in Bettystown.

BenF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

OC Tunning !

Advertisement