Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate the English??

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

furiousox wrote: »
    ".....didn't do half the **** HM forces did"

Wow, what did they (maiden) do exactly??:confused:

I don't suppose that there's much of a market for Iron Maiden action figures. Kids would probably find more inspiration watching paint dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭furiousox

facepalm

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

furiousox wrote: »
    ".....didn't do half the **** HM forces did"

Wow, what did they (maiden) do exactly??:confused:

It was all downhill after number of the beast.

Bet you wouldn't have any issue with an Arsenal shirt in Elverys.
    Although there is a strong historic connection between this and the British Army.

no issue with that at all.:D

ch750536 wrote: »
    It was all downhill after number of the beast.

LOL :pac:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

"English", "Irish"; such vague, distant concepts. "Citizen of the EU" is more apt and modern, especially for the future

Thread title should be renamed "Hate the citizens of the EU of former nationality 'English'?"

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Sometimes when playing here Iron Maiden wave the British flag. Sometimes they don't. They did in 2003. There was some booing about it.

They didn't wave it in 2005. After the song Bruce Dickinson said that them waving the british flag during that song had nothing to do with the situation here. And that they did not approve of "political arseholes" stealing their image
    (Unionists in the north have painted the cover for the trooper on walls up there)

It was because the song was about the charge of the light brigade that they waved it and the next time they play the trooper in Ireland they said they will wave the flag

its been a long time since they played in belfast. I don't think they have ever done it up there but I am not sure. Most bands know to avoid saying anything political in the north after Dave Mustaine's little incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I heard something about Megadeth getting bottled offstage when they played Belfast. I don`t know exactly what Mustaine said though, did he launch into some pro-IRA tirade or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

no issue with that at all.:D

But you have a problem with Tesco and the toys.
    A case of too much time on ones hands I feel. :D:pac:

I heard something about Megadeth getting bottled offstage when they played Belfast. I don`t know exactly what Mustaine said though, did he launch into some pro-IRA tirade or something?

l think he dedicated a song to "the cause" which was a tad ill advised.

As Ronan said "you shay it besht when you shay nothin' at all" :pac:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

And yet you get a band from Belfast who quite happily trot out on stage in London with the two front men singing "Fly the Flag", one wearing a tri Colour the other a union Flag and no one bats an eyelid.

But you have a problem with Tesco and the toys.
    A case of too much time on ones hands I feel. :D:pac:

Was Smyths & yes I have an issue with them selling replicas of the British army for kids to re-enact past atrocities in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Was Smyths & yes I have an issue with them selling replicas of the British army for kids to re-enact past atrocities in Ireland.

Oh dear Lord... I can picture it now.

Sean: Hey Mam, is it ok if I go around to John's house with my British Army toy?
    Mam: Yeah of course honey, why bring the toy though?
    Sean: Oh because me and John are gonna play with them, we're gonna pretend it's Bloody Sunday or the ambush at Loughall.
    Mam: Oh ok love, be back for dinner at 7.

Really, get a grip.

l believe they are selling so well that there is a shortage of uniforms.
    Wait 'til you see the black & tan doll they're bringing out for christmas! :eek:

CPL 593H

:rolleyes:
    After that comment, it's impossible to take anything you post seriously ever again.

But then again I never did anyway! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Man, Smyths, you guys suck. I thought the paras one was particularly in bad taste.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement