Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember one night when I was younger watching a horror movie where a new security system was installed in a house and as always happens, it started to kill people. One death I remember is a woman driving out or in the security gates and the gates closing on the sides of the car and killing her.

Sound familiar to anyone? Was eighties at the latest since I was only a kid when I saw it.

I thought it was Demon Seed when I saw the description of that, but it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember one night when I was younger watching a horror movie where a new security system was installed in a house and as always happens, it started to kill people. One death I remember is a woman driving out or in the security gates and the gates closing on the sides of the car and killing her.

That is so familiar. I can't think of it, maybe I am getting it confused with a film where a Towers security systems attack and kill people. The Tower (1993).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

s08t wrote: »
    OMG, It is My father my hero, how did u's get it so fast....must of been my great explanation of it. Thank u so much Mickeroo and Pookiesboo. And Cedrus for your help too. WOO HOO Getting it out some night this wk, it is brill, very funny.

It is a good 'un! A young Katherine Heigl plays the daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

CastorTroy wrote: »

Sound familiar to anyone? Was eighties at the latest since I was only a kid when I saw it.

I thought it was Demon Seed when I saw the description of that, but it wasn't

This House Possessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This House Possessed?

Wow, you're good. That looks like it alright. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

what movie is it that contains the easter egg during the end credits of two young boys in the scottish highlands finding a big rock thing and some older guy helps them break it open..its wrecking my head..i should know it but its eluding me...please help..

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Is it The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep

No..the scene in my head is specific to the end credits..rest of the movie takes place somewhere else..there an alien or something in the rockthing they open up relevant to the movie..otherwise the tone etc is very different..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Battleship

cheers mickaroo that was wrecking my head..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

right basically i can remember watching this film when i was younger, it scared the bejaysus out of me. What I can remember of it is quiet vague so i wont be too disappointed if ye can't get it.

The setting of the film was in winter, there was a guy with a cane (with a wolves head on the handle) i think he was going around killing people and maybe orphans. Thats all i can really think of! Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭s08t

Hi Donerkebab, Could it be The wolf man. It was out in 1941 and entails a man with a walking stick with a wolfs head on it. Not too sure if he killed people or not so not that sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭s08t

Forgot to say, its a horror film. and he stalks the village and he first killed a graveyard digger so he did kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I saw a film years ago and at the end a crowd of people cornered a woman and started piling bricks onto her. I have a vague notion that she was pregnant with a demon baby or the crowd could have been the demons. Could have been '70s. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

hi all, i'm trying to find a film i saw before about some tool who sells his baby to get money and goes back to the wife/girlfriend and says all our money worries are gone. the other half goes mental and so he spends the rest of the film trying to get the baby back! its polish or swedish i thought it was called 'babies' but couldn't get anywhere with that so maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

breadbin wrote: »
    hi all, i'm trying to find a film i saw before about some tool who sells his baby to get money and goes back to the wife/girlfriend and says all our money worries are gone. the other half goes mental and so he spends the rest of the film trying to get the baby back! its polish or swedish i thought it was called 'babies' but couldn't get anywhere with that so maybe not!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0456396/

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

kitakyushu wrote: »

brilliant thanks:) i was close with 'babies' seem to remember it was pretty good. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ianhmoore

Donerkebab wrote: »
    right basically i can remember watching this film when i was younger, it scared the bejaysus out of me. What I can remember of it is quiet vague so i wont be too disappointed if ye can't get it.

The setting of the film was in winter, there was a guy with a cane (with a wolves head on the handle) i think he was going around killing people and maybe orphans. Thats all i can really think of! Thanks !

Could it have been Stephen Kings "Storm of the Century"? I remember the main villain in that had a Wolfshead Cane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_of_the_Century

Cedrus wrote: »
    I saw a film years ago and at the end a crowd of people cornered a woman and started piling bricks onto her. I have a vague notion that she was pregnant with a demon baby or the crowd could have been the demons. Could have been '70s. ??
    Darn it, I remember that scene too, I was thinking "Deadly Blessing" but I'm not sure that's it. However, I thought the scene was them placing some sort of wooden board on her, then piling the rocks on top of it. The scene was a dream scene though (or at least I thought it was). At some point (either before or after) she was told it was how they questioned witches. Actually, was the plot something to do with her husband being amish who left his people when he was young or something, and he had wanted to move back to the village when he was older. He was killed though and she ended up moving back to his village herself?

Cedrus wrote: »

Found it! Crowhaven farm! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065594/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GTBOD9ethE&list=UUAGRoTT7T1oWOAhgAQcCvfQ&index=91&feature=plcp
    Go to 10:01 here for the scene.

• Advertisement

ianhmoore wrote: »
    Darn it, I remember that scene too, I was thinking "Deadly Blessing" but I'm not sure that's it. However, I thought the scene was them placing some sort of wooden board on her, then piling the rocks on top of it. The scene was a dream scene though (or at least I thought it was). At some point (either before or after) she was told it was how they questioned witches. Actually, was the plot something to do with her husband being amish who left his people when he was young or something, and he had wanted to move back to the village when he was older. He was killed though and she ended up moving back to his village herself?

There could have been a board involved because I remember the bricks being very neat. I thought it was a ritual murder or demonic execution of some sort, or it could have been a backwards village of the damned place.

ianhmoore wrote: »

That's the one!! I've never heard of the film by it's title though, I must have seen in on telly. Thank you that one has bugged me for years.
    They're mighty strong women lifting those "rocks" ;-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

OK I'm totally cheating here because I don't have a specific movie I need to identify, but I'm trying to find scenes from different movies that I can mash together to make my own trailer for a fake movie. So I thought I'd see if the good people of Boards might help me. If it's totally inappropriate, mods can delete. Or just ignore...

I need movies set before 1940. Ideally early 1900's, but to be honest as long as it's not modern it will look fine. It could be proper old.

Here are some scenes or themes I need to capture, so let me know if anything comes to mind.

1) an english woman in a relationship with an Irish man
    2) a scene where a woman opens a door to find a man (very handsome) standing there (perhaps about to knock) and gets a fright
    3) any scenes that portray a marriage where the man clearly doesn't love the wife like she loves him, but he is not mean or cruel.
    4) a scene with a woman standing beside a rushing river

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Kooli wrote: »
    OK I'm totally cheating here because I don't have a specific movie I need to identify, but I'm trying to find scenes from different movies that I can mash together to make my own trailer for a fake movie. So I thought I'd see if the good people of Boards might help me. If it's totally inappropriate, mods can delete. Or just ignore...

I need movies set before 1940. Ideally early 1900's, but to be honest as long as it's not modern it will look fine. It could be proper old.

Here are some scenes or themes I need to capture, so let me know if anything comes to mind.

2) a scene where a woman opens a door to find a man (very handsome) standing there (perhaps about to knock) and gets a fright
    3) any scenes that portray a marriage where the man clearly doesn't love the wife like she loves him, but he is not mean or cruel.

This reads like a David Lynch film :D

The third one you might use would be Doctor Zhivago where the husband Yuri isnt in love with his wife Tonya but with that blonde girl Lara set in the Russian Revolution early 1900's

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

A long time ago maybe early seventies. It was a psychological thriller and I was amused that "they were just sitting around a table talking" too young to realise the content of the talking was the thriller bit.

At one point something frightening happens [may have been to do with aliens ]and a woman wants to leave. She says to a man "if you take me home now you can stay the night". This appears to be a trade for being taken away. The man had been interested in her earlier but she di d not return the interest.

i would love to see it again and listen to what they were talking about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 BigCatInJapan

River of no return

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maxed1972

Anybody out there know of a film with a girl called Elizabeth and a jewelry box that her and her Mom find in a shop(where the man tells her not to open it). :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 BigCatInJapan

Another shore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

maxed1972 wrote: »
    Anybody out there know of a film with a girl called Elizabeth and a jewelry box that her and her Mom find in a shop(where the man tells her not to open it). :D:D:D

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Teachers-TV-Writing-a-Mystery-Story-Jewellery-Box-6038939/

That's a lesson starter for an English class. No idea if it's from a real film.

Advertisement