Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Seems I disagree with most of you, loved Echoes, could listen to it over and over... Ok, it does get a little gloomy toward the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wheels is a fairly epic song, just a wall of sound that hits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

who is Dave Grohl?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

have to say though, that wheels song should not be near their greatest hits compilation. more like a b-sides cd. Very weak line up too. only two songs from certain albums is a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭fluke

I've heard most of the albums (except the first one actually) but TINLTL is my favourite by a long shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

This thread is ALIVE! (again)

Demos from One by One have been leaked...Come Back is actually good!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I hadn't been following Foo Fighters' career up until late, I'd always loved The Color and The Shape like a lot of people do, but hearing the odd track on TV or radio since then never impressed me enough to check out an album.

I did, however, listen to Wasting Light and I have to say that it's one of my favourite albums of 2011. It took me a few listens to realize it, but it's a hell of a lot of fun and not a track to be skipped on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This thread is ALIVE! (again)

Demos from One by One have been leaked...Come Back is actually good!:eek:

His pre-QotSA stage. He re-recorded the album (obviously), hence the big QotSA influence on the released version. Like those demos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Everytime I hear that repetetive riff in the Pretender, a voice in my head sings "One of these songs is not like the others! Oh no... my mistake. It is."

They've been disgustingly formulaic, polished and manufactured for past 6/7 years. Predictable.

The Colour & The Shape is brilliant. Grohl's drumming is really amazing and the album sounded grungey/ distorted and of the time. Then they went downhill imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Everytime I hear that repetetive riff in the Pretender, a voice in my head sings "One of these songs is not like the others! Oh no... my mistake. It is."

They've been disgustingly formulaic, polished and manufactured for past 6/7 years. Predictable.

The Colour & The Shape is brilliant. Grohl's drumming is really amazing and the album sounded grungey/ distorted and of the time. Then they went downhill imho.

This. Around the time There Is Nothing Left to Lose came out they changed their guitar sound and haven´t really been able to listen to them since. Sounds way too processed/clean.

Also, Taylor Hawkins is an AWFUL drummer. Just seems to plod through the song and stick a ride cymbal on every chorus . Sucks the energy out of all the tracks. Total shame Grohl doesn´t bother record that side of things anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Have either of you's heard there new album? I think its sounds a lot like their earlier stuff.

Really hoped they would play Ireland this summer but seems like it wont be happening

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have either of you's heard there new album? I think its sounds a lot like their earlier stuff.

Really hoped they would play Ireland this summer but seems like it wont be happening

582236_324726874263703_143774662358926_753746_491732536_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

I meant republic of Ireland cuz Im away for tennants :( oh well can't have everything

Advertisement