Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore at the O2

Options
  • 24-09-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Paramore are playing the O2 in December with You Me At Six. These guys are awesome! Saw the RDS show, wasn't a big fan beforehand, but what a show! This will be epic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Anyone here going ? Support by you me at six
    Got a email from o2 saying there's going to be a pit and I got my pass to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

I was saying that to mysilf put I got VIP tics maybe that's why ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Want to go to it but ill be in NYC . Seen them in the RDS last year and they put on a great show . YMAS are growing on me and i quite like there cover of Poker Face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I was going to go as I would've been up in Dublin for Enter Shikari anyways, but it was sold out when I went to look. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

According to mcds site, there's three support bands. How's that gonna work, timewise? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

3 Supports is possible once changeovers are quick and have early start. Think curfew in o2 is half 10 or so...depends on day I guess.

Where in states are these you me at 6 guys from?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

chap has american accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

YMA6 are from england,just outside london , played academy and whelans last times they came over , brother is a big fan said they are amazing live, their older stuff is great , new stuff is making them popular , and they are down to earth lads as well as he got to go backstage at oxegen with them . They may do an acoustic set in the queue but just what my bro was told.
    Looking forward to this as we are standing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Want to go to it but ill be in NYC . Seen them in the RDS last year and they put on a great show . YMAS are growing on me and i quite like there cover of Poker Face

OH i did not want to see that...Watched them at Oxegen and i'm embarassed to say that..Their version of Pokerface was pathetic..Crappy, crappy band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

i wanna see YM@6 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Got my tickets!!!!! Can't wait for this gig! Just hope the whole twilight hype doesn't ruin it... Paramore were an awesome band before they ever got involved with twilight!!!

Got my tickets!!!!! Can't wait for this gig! Just hope the whole twilight hype doesn't ruin it... Paramore were an awesome band before they ever got involved with twilight!!!
    Same with Muse...I don't mind people getting into their music through the film, I just wish there were less rhyper rabid teens whose life ambition is to rape a fictional vampire stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

i'm thinking of going to see paramore next monthand i'm getting section m from ticketmaster online is this any good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Block M is roughly in the middle top tier. Ticketmaster should have seating charts on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Your view should be good regardless of where you sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ruthieface

I really want pit passes for this, does anybody know what time would be good to start queing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I swear, if theres Twilight fans surrounding me going "OMGGGG PARAMORE, Hope they play decode! I love that song to bitzzz, LOL!!", I think I'll go spa..

Otherwise, can't wait. Heard they are class live :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sammypsammy

This should be an awesome gig... agreed though about the twilight fans! :cool:

Anyone know who is actually supporting and if YM@6 are anymore??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

cant see there bein a pit there.. was at the arctic monkeys and its not long enough for a pit i would think.. its really wide but not that long if u catch my drift :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

They do have pits sometimes. There was one at Green Day.

Got my tickets but could only get seated. Ah well, should be good anyway :) (minus possible twilight whores)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

My initial reaction to this was "how the **** were Paramore playing the O2??".

But obviously, it's that Twilight muck. But i mean, for **** sake!! There shouldn't be any need for this nonsense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

monkey9 wrote: »
    My initial reaction to this was "how the **** were Paramore playing the O2??".

But obviously, it's that Twilight muck. But i mean, for **** sake!! There shouldn't be any need for this nonsense!!

They played the RDS before they had a song in Twilight.....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Just got back, twas a good convert... pretty short tho

It was short wasn't it?! I thought I was the only one who noticed! Great show though. Makes one hell of a difference when the artist can actually sing!:D

As for the RDS thing whoever said that is right. They soundchecked the song at the RDS gig in June before twilight ever came out. Obviously it wasn't as big a deal then...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Got to meet and greet you me at six :D
    So nice and chilled out
    Such a good day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Great night, although yes I agree it was a tad short, especially YMA6's set. Would have liked them to play a bit more as they are a great band. Will definitely be seeing them in March. But yes good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Douglas Preston

was anybody able to see what she had written on her t-shirt?

was anybody able to see what she had written on her t-shirt?

I'd rather be dead alive

I thought the Irish football jerseys for the encore were a nice touch :)

But yeah, it was a pretty short set. Hayley's voice has come on loads since the RDS gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Yea, was a brilliant concert. The atmosphere was unreal. I thought it was a small bit short too but no complaints, they were class! Love hayleys hair <3.

Advertisement