Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-129,Atlantis - 12/11/09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

2009-5327-m.jpg

2009-5324-m.jpg

2009-5325-m.jpg

2009-5326-m.jpg

2009-5319-m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Hi,ya LL,just in case you might think you are posting unread/unwatched posts,just wanted to thank you again!
    Another first for me the time lapse video of the unberthing at KSC!
    Your photo's are such high definition..........GREAT! for some reason i find the 2nd one the best!

Like Beeker i have my fingers crossed for you!
    My motives are more selfish than Beekers though,I wanna see yar photo's of STS-129:)
    If it goes against you at least you can have a 'night on the tiles'(ouch)

the latest i am reading around the net is that the powers that be are all saying that America's only way forward in space is through swallowing pride and teaming up with their old 'enemies'

The prophets of doom are saying Ares being a four stage rocket will cause so much vibration it will harm its payload,in much the same way skylab was damaged at launch by vibration.
    NASA has been told by obama and congress not to rush the remaining shuttles and promised them funding until STS-133 as far into 2011 as is needed to see it out.

Personally i would be looking at the Existing Ariane launch vehicle(with some modifications for a manned capsule)as a medium term way to keep the US manned programme alive.
    Arianes sucess rate and its ability to launch such heavy payloads into at least Geo-sync orbit appeals to me!
    The difficulty would be getting the French and Americans to tolerate each other!:D

Them pics are from the NASA website ynotdu,they're the medium size,they have them in a larger size too.

Here's some new pics just in of Atlantis being lifted from the transporter in the sling. She'll be rotated tomorrow and hoisted up to be mated with the ET & SRB stack.

2009-5329-m.jpg
    2009-5335-m.jpg
    2009-5336-m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Tnx lord lucan , she looks great , her nose looks like shes been working ;)
    Hard to think she will be up there in space soon and you`ll get to see her go there wow , lucky devil LL :D

Stargate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Sorry , slightly off topic ,

Anyone get to see this yet ? :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1251357/

Quote from imdb....

Despite the drawbacks of a low budget and an over reliance on archival material, Moonshot still makes for some interesting viewing. With some fine performances especially from the actors playing the three astronauts and a nice script by Tony Basgallop, the familiar story of Apollo 11 gets a nice retelling here. While it may be lacking in style in terms of production values (espeically in comparison with "Mare Tranquilitatis") it certainly isn't lacking in substance and that's what counts.

Atlantis being hoisted up vertically to be mated with her stack. This was meant to happen this morning but an issue with the crane means it's only happening now.
    2009-5339-m.jpg
    2009-5340-m.jpg
    2009-5341-m.jpg

lord lucan wrote: »
    Them pics are from the NASA website ynotdu,they're the medium size,they have them in a larger size too.

Oh REALLY LL? and there was i thinking they were taken by Beekers 'contacts' at NASA!

or in your case i thought may'be ya sent 'Your Bitch' over to take them armed with a deckchair and flask of coffee:pac::pac::pac::D

Keep em coming!:)

Stargate wrote: »

Quote from imdb....

Despite the drawbacks of a low budget and an over reliance on archival material, Moonshot still makes for some interesting viewing. With some fine performances especially from the actors playing the three astronauts and a nice script by Tony Basgallop, the familiar story of Apollo 11 gets a nice retelling here. While it may be lacking in style in terms of production values (espeically in comparison with "Mare Tranquilitatis") it certainly isn't lacking in substance and that's what counts.

I will no doubt download it when the studios put out the PPV version;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Quote from imdb....

RTE showed that during the 40th anniversary, I thought it was pretty good. Nice insight into the mission and shows the 'human' side of the astronauts(I don't know what was poetic license or not..it was still good though:)). Spike/Brainiac plays Buzz Aldrin.:)

Malty_T wrote: »
    RTE showed that during the 40th anniversary, I thought it was pretty good. Nice insight into the mission and shows the 'human' side of the astronauts(I don't know what was poetic license or not..it was still good though:)). Spike/Brainiac plays Buzz Aldrin.:)

Hi Malty!Just on the subject of the human side of the Apollo Astronauts.
    NASA employed many young temps to transcribe the non public Audio for history.many young women admired the Astronauts so much they would have done it for free!
    I can only guess why but most of them resigned in disgust at what was said between the Astronauts and Mission control in private!:)

ynotdu wrote: »
    Oh REALLY LL? and there was i thinking they were taken by Beekers 'contacts' at NASA!

or in your case i thought may'be ya sent 'Your Bitch' over to take them armed with a deckchair and flask of coffee:pac::pac::pac::D

Keep em coming!:)

LOL.:D

Are you getting up at 05.00 next tuesday ynotdo,NASA tv are showing the rollout to 39a live,it'll only take about 6 hours!:D

Tnx lord lucan , she looks great , her nose looks like shes been working ;)
    Hard to think she will be up there in space soon and you`ll get to see her go there wow , lucky devil LL :D

Stargate

Here's hoping Stargate,i've everything crossed,3rd time lucky i hope!:)

LOL.:D

Are you getting up at 05.00 next tuesday ynotdo,NASA tv are showing the rollout to 39a live,it'll only take about 6 hours!:D

Naw i will be watching the pad 39b coverage...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ynotdu wrote: »
    Naw i will be watching the pad 39b coverage...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

October 19th for Ares rollout ynotdu!;)

• Advertisement

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17331.0;attach=175637;image

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Looking good so far! Out to the pad soon at 1mph, what a beast:)

2009-5344-m.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

20095354m.jpg

20095361m.jpg

20095362m.jpg
    What a JOB! I'd love that:)

Beeker wrote: »
    What a JOB! I'd love that:)

You'd never get anything done Beeker,too busy walking around with your mouth open!:p

You'd never get anything done Beeker,too busy walking around with your mouth open!:p

Yeah you're probaly right, but I would love the chance! a dream job for me:).

0124692050085.jpg

By the way LL watch out in November!! It is a federal crime to feed the Aligators...........................................with parts of your body:D

By the way LL watch out in November!! It is a federal crime to feed the Aligators...........................................with parts of your body:D

If there was a scrub it may be my whole body going into the creek and joining the alligators!:eek:

Looking good so far! Out to the pad soon at 1mph, what a beast:)

Now next wednesday(14th).

• Advertisement

Now next wednesday(14th).
    sts129cardinalproof.jpg
    Go Atlantis!!!!

Advertisement