Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should students have the right to object to material taught in seconday school? NSFW

Options
2»

Comments

eh, i wouldn't want my daughter reading a passage that glorifys phone sex at 16.. what if i walked in on her like.

i don't have a daughter but point stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Actually this reminds of my English class,our teacher laughs at ANYTHING even remotely dirty...and we're reading Hamlet!
    Today she read out the word unanel'd and didnt stop laughing for 5 minutes.Then someone reading misread stiffly for stiffy and she said ''I cant wait to tell the teachers in the staff room that one''.

LOL this thread shows that Irish prudishness is still very much alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

What a prude.

Schools should have mandatory practicals as part of sex ed :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

brummytom wrote: »
    She gets that and we get bloody To Kill a Mockingbird :(

Hey, that's a good book. Got a bit sickening as I had it read 4 times before my class were half way through it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Hold on a second. If your able to have sex at 16 in the UK or 17 here why can you read about it in a book when you are 16 or 17?? I dont see any problem with it. Its only a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

What book is this?

fap fap fap

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

irlmarc wrote: »
    Hold on a second. If your able to have sex at 16 in the UK or 17 here why can you read about it in a book when you are 16 or 17?? I dont see any problem with it. Its only a book.
    it all makes sense now: shes uncomfortable because shes a virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

You're able to take a dump whenever you want, doesnt mean everyone should have to see it

• Advertisement

But you should be able to read about it whenever you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

But you should be able to read about it whenever you want!

But you shouldnt have it

I presume you ment to.

But say 20 other people wanted to does it mean that none of us should because you dont?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

"It's not fair that I have to read something that I'm totally against," she said. "If I have to drop out of IB, that's something I have to do. I'm not going to read the book."

For feck sake, american teens must be far too sheltered. We'd be delighted if we got to read that in english class. Murakami is a fairly acclaimed author from what I can recall, so why not teach something different.:D

Advertisement