Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending X's and O's In Texts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My ex boyfriend used to put x's at the end of every single text message he sent me. So he'd text me to ask me something like what lectures I had the next day or what time would I be calling over to his at and it'd look like, "Hey, what lectures do you have tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Completely stupid! I asked him one time why he did it and he told me it was "so you know that I like you"! Yeah, we'd been together for a year at this stage, I was quite aware of that fact!!

Grrrr. I hate x's in messages! If you put an x in a message, you'll be an ex in real life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Novella wrote: »
    Completely stupid! I asked him one time why he did it and he told me it was "so you know that I like you"! Yeah, we'd been together for a year at this stage, I was quite aware of that fact!!

Grrrr. I hate x's in messages! If you put an x in a message, you'll be an ex in real life!

Nicely said ;)

I hate x's in text messages. They don't mean anything to me, other than "look how many times I can mash the '9' key on my phone".

If you like someone, use words or gestures.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Do send one or two in texts or like this x x x. Its just a nice way to end a text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Do send one or two in texts or like this x x x. Its just a nice way to end a text.

But surely not if the text reads "I'm leaving you for your sister x x x"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah well you are going to weigh up the situation or the content of the text, fairly pedantic this afternoon ladies???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Precoital relationship = Strategic deployment of emotions
    post coital relationship = sad bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Schism wrote: »
    I really thought this was going to be a thread about the mechanics of playing X's and O's over text. No point in hiding it now, I'm disappointed.

Me too :(

_|_|_
    _|x|_
    _|_|_

Your move :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Takk wrote: »
    Me too :(

_|_|_
    _|x|_
    _|_|0

Be advised, I'm a seasoned player :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

_|_|_
    _|x|_
    _|_|0

Be advised, I'm a seasoned player :pac:

_|_|x
    _|x|_
    _|_|0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I usually just send two after each text:) X x:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I really thought this was going to be a thread about the mechanics of playing X's and O's over text. No point in hiding it now, I'm disappointed.

lol I was thinking the same thing:D oh the glory days of English class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

/facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's a convenient and deceptive method of currying favour/getting your hole without having to crank out a insincere sonnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

no problem with one or two, but lots is overkill

EDIT: Looks like we've gotten to the stage which normally happens in an AH thread after 2 pages max, where there is no more serious responses. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Looks like we've gotten to the stage which normally happens in an AH thread after 2 pages max, where there is no more serious responses. Oh well.

I agree.

The subject of Sending X's and O's In Texts would clearly be better served by a more rigorous, multi-disciplinary analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

love em!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I very rarely text anyone, unless its something important or if I'm to meet some one and I just want to sort out finding them when we're both out.
    Even then, I'd prefer to call.

I'd send maybe 4 or 5 texts once in a blue moon if I'm interested in someone and have credit, other wise people can feck off.
    I also text my mate Shona, sometime. We're just really close but live really far apart, so it does be handy.

For every hundred texts I send, there might be one x.
    It would probably take me about three-five months to send 100 texts.

People say I'm really weird, being 18 and not texting people, I say **** off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

I know a guy who used to add "lol" to the end of every lovey dovey text message.

E.g. "Sweet dreams lol" and "I had a wonderful night lol".

He thought "lol" stood for Lots of Love.

The poor women must of thought he was a right weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Duiske wrote: »
    Bit off topic, but are you sure he sent you that text by mistake ?? :eek:
    I knew that was going to come up :p
    Vain wrote: »
    Your just jealous OP. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Hope you feel better now XXX
    Jealous of what? My mate sending more X's in texts than me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'd prefer smileys. My sister and niece keep sending me xoxxo after theirs. It makes me feel a bit awkward, I feel I have to respond with xxxs :o even when the message is a plain straightforward text like 'great film on tv3':(. My oh sends me smileys, he's not a kissy kissy person so it'd be out of character. If i'm thanking someone close for something, I might send one x, depending on who they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

i know that the x's are the time-honoured symbol for kisses, but wtf do the O's stand for? :confused:

excessive use of x's look like they self-censored the message :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I usually send one or two if the girl leaves me them, feel like a bit of a pr1ck if I dont. When I was younger girls used to be crazy with them leaving about a page of x's in texts (not joking). My friend also leaves his girlfriend a ridiculous amount of them, kind of pathetic leaving that many I would have thought. Would I be correct in saying they usually disappear the older you get?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Owenw wrote: »
    i know that the x's are the time-honoured symbol for kisses, but wtf do the O's stand for? :confused:

excessive use of x's look like they self-censored the message :D

o is a hug, somebody is unloved!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I never use them. Even if I'm texting a girl I'm scoring. Its girlie IMO.

And I don't see why people would put even one X on a message, unless they would kiss them in person. Like, if you put one at the end of a message to your sister, would you kiss your sister in real life. Didn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

o is a hug, somebody is unloved!

How in the hell is an O a hug???!!

Is this common knowledge?! I need to get in more....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

because when I hug girl that's what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Am I the only person debating what is more cringe worthy; the OP's text message or the thought-process behind the choice of the OP's username? :confused:

Advertisement