Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending X's and O's In Texts

Options
  • 22-09-2009 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Do girls like it when guys use loads of X's and O's at the end of texts? I hardly ever use them, unless I'm seeing/scoring the girl, in which case I would leave one in every 9-10 texts say, usually when I'm saying goodnight.

One of my ex's told me she loved that I didn't use them, she said she hated guys that left loads of X's because they don't suit most guys personalities. Another girl I was seeing told me I should use them because they give a better impression or something?

Anyway I was out tonight and I (mistakenly) got a text off my mate who's been going out with the same girl since he was 16 (he's 21 now) that said something like

Hey beautiful, it was so gud seeing u 2day, had such a gud nite wit u cant wait 4 2moro, sleep well ill txt u in the morning luv u xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Of course the first thing that came to mind was WHIPPED, but this isn't the first time I got a text like that from him. Then I realised that he does that every time he texts her or, at the very least, every night. Bear in mind that we got a taxi home and dropped her off about 20 minutes prior to the text being sent.

So what's everyones opinion on X's? I rarely use them but when I do the girl seems to appreciate it more than she would if I sent 50 of them to her every time I text her. Plus, it is widely known that my mate is seriously whipped and that alone has put me off them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Treat them mean, keep them keen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

jackncoke wrote: »
    Treat them mean, keep them keen ;)
    Thank you! Great minds think alike :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Thank you! Great minds think alike :cool:

Well,until it doesnt work any longer and then u get whipped and then its all downhill,just taxes and death...thats all thats left for ya then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Treat em mean, keep em keen.

Be obsene, Be a geem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

MAYBE HE REALLY LIKES GRAVY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

treat them like dirt.... and they'll stick to you like mud.
    ( its just one I heard , dont necessarily agree with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Treat em badly and they'll love you madly.

Thats one i just made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

WHAT A GHEY..sorry GUY no wait... i meant GHEY

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

make sure shes not clever, she'll stay with you forever

if your **** hot in the sack, she'll never look back

If you dont look like firth, you better have girth

im digressing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If you make up one liners, you should be killed chopped up and stuck in bin liners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I do, no problem conveying love with em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I do, no problem conveying love with em

hey, call me old fashioned but....i prefer to convey love with my penis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Bit off topic, but are you sure he sent you that text by mistake ?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Your friend wants to rodger you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Ok, if he was mine, he'd be dumped. Primarily for the txt spk, but also for the extraneous use of xoxoxoxo. If my husband used that many kissy things in a text, I'd be assuming he was up to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It's a bit too many to be honest. No harm in one every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Perky butts drive me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Hold on here: What did you say to your mate?

I recieved an accidental text off a friend before, "Night Princess" which was immediately followed by a text reading "Oh bo11ox".

He only got a bit of abuse because he owned up to it, at least he didn't try and pretend he sent it to me on purpose like another mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i hate x and o in texts.

anthrax in the post ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Scien wrote: »
    Avoid when drunk anyway.

I sent a girl, who i pretty much just met "Well then, We'll just have to Se x" which of course was supposed to say "Well then, we'll just have to see X".

Yeah, she never text back either.

you should've sent that b1tch a smiley face. b1tches love smiley faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,259 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If the OH was using that kind of txtspeak when conversing, she's have been dumped long before the xoxoxo bit.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

you probably shouldn't think about text messaging so much, try something a bit more organic, like conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

i think one or two at the end of the goodnight text is acceptable..other than that..WHIPPED

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Hey beautiful, it was so gud seeing u 2day, had such a gud nite wit u cant wait 4 2moro, sleep well ill txt u in the morning luv u xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Could just have an unhealthy obsession with oxo?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Maybe the odd x, but that business of xoxoxoxox... thats too much effort ffs. x is enough.

A girl I used to be mates with would sent this (",) [or something like that] at the end of her texts to me.. I hadn't a bloody notion what it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Everyone that adds x or o at the end of texts in this way should be slapped upside the head for each one. Only excuse is if your playing a game of tic-tac-toe :pac:

well he's the one with the girlfriend dude :pac:

(but I think it's kinda childish)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Your just jealous OP. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Hope you feel better now XXX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I really thought this was going to be a thread about the mechanics of playing X's and O's over text. No point in hiding it now, I'm disappointed.

Advertisement