Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The actresses have the same surname (Ní Flahartha) so they probably are.

Coilin is Bernie's real life Uncle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Is deirfiúracha iad Fionnuala & Sinéad

Fionnuala & Sinead are sisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

cool so Bernie
    has a twin

can anyone else remember in the episodes with Bernie and Liam, we know she had brothers who were all trouble, but i though there was an older sister too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I'm starting to think Aine (Frances' daughter) doesn't really exist and is a figment of their imaginatioN :pac: She's hardly ever on screen. Sometimes they say things like "I must go pick up Aine" or "Give Aine a kiss for me" but never do, and other times they're in the flat at times of day that she should really be there, but inexplicably isn't.

Something for the scriptwriters to consider - "FRANCES ADMITS AINE DOESN'T EXIST" :P
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    cool so Bernie
    has a twin

I wonder what the rest of the story is though! You know how Berni
    told Cathal that she thought there was more to it. I thought the whole episode was a bit weird, dropping that bombshell and not really going back to it. Aisling and Jude just disappeared and Berni went off for drinks with Cathal...

I wonder what the rest of the story is though! You know how Berni
    told Cathal that she thought there was more to it. I thought the whole episode was a bit weird, dropping that bombshell and not really going back to it. Aisling and Jude just disappeared and Berni went off for drinks with Cathal...

well from the spoiler for tomorrow night it would seem
    Bernies dad died before they were born
    but im not sure how that ties in with older episodes...

also WOW at Grace i was just sitting watching thinking
    thank god the actress has one of those cushion things on to take the blows, then she actually pulls the cushion out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I must have missed something, when Grace pulled out the cushion I thought that she actually wasn't pregnant at all and had been faking the whole thing :confused: (Not using spoiler tags because the episode has been aired)

So is she or isn't she?

julyjane wrote: »
    I must have missed something, when Grace pulled out the cushion I thought that she actually wasn't pregnant at all and had been faking the whole thing :confused: (Not using spoiler tags because the episode has been aired)

So is she or isn't she?

yeah she is faking the whole thing,

what i was getting at was
    the scene where she was punching herself in the stomach i couldn't help but think the actress playing her must have been glad to have the cushion belly to punch. (so it wouldn't actually hurt her) as at the time we thought she was really pregnant.

then as i was thinking it the character pulled out the cushion :pac: it was just weird timing....

im not surprised Grace/Alice is faking it though,

can't wait to see what happens when the baby is supposed to be born, or will she 'lose' it.

Really must stop reading this thread 'til after Sunday nights omnibus

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Evennia

Woo hoo.. loving new series (except maybe Tina & Dara thing a bit ridiculous)
    Will Bríd die? Can't believe it.. at least she'll have to dump Vince if she survives??
    Melted seeing Johnny again.. DELIGHTED he's back!! Yum Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

it was brilliant last nite, better than i thought it wud be.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying the storyline, but I'm starting to get a bit annoyed by how slow they take the episodes! I think they break up the exciting scenes a bit too much - e.g they show you a liiiiiittle bit of Grace being a psycho, and then go to a pointless scene with Tadhg and then a liiiiiittle bit more of the Grace storyline and then on to Dara & Tina for ages etc. It's like they're teasing the viewer with multiple cliffhangers, but it's just frustrating!

(Just me being impatient? :P)

Just watched the Omnibus - brilliant. I loved it , oh the excitement

johnny is going to save the day,
    bloody was on the paper yesterday they gave it away,hate that.

Must resist the urge to read that spoiler ^^^^ :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Evennia

Stupid stupid ending to Vince & Bríd storyline.. so dramatic and then ends in what??? Johnny apparently saves the day but they dont show it????WTF??? What happens with Grace????? Doesn't show Gardaí or anything???? Seriously pee'd off... bad scripting!!! It felt like we missed an episode! Come on Ros na Rún you can do better! :mad:

Evennia wrote: »
    Stupid stupid ending to Vince & Bríd storyline.. so dramatic and then ends in what??? Johnny apparently saves the day but they dont show it????WTF??? What happens with Grace????? Doesn't show Gardaí or anything???? Seriously pee'd off... bad scripting!!! It felt like we missed an episode! Come on Ros na Rún you can do better! :mad:

this is exactly how i felt too, i actually went checking last weeks tv guides to make sure :pac:

Evennia wrote: »
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    this is exactly how i felt too, i actually went checking last weeks tv guides to make sure :pac:

I missed 3 or 4 minutes at the start of Tuesday's episode, was thinking I couldn't have missed that much! So they didn't show anything? I also thought they'd accidentally skipped an episode :o

Also, what do you think happened with
    Katy? A case of the girl who cried wolf, or another scam?
    (Spoilers cause some people wait til the omnibus to watch this week's episodes, but it's already happened)

boy was i peed of aswell , was looking forward to tuesdays slot and had it taped so i could watch it in peace, so disapointed there was jonny telling a story sitting on high chair all eyes on him. very badly done, im just thinking would it be cause of the cuts we hear about in tg4,saving money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭irishgeo

katy annoys the hell out of me.

some interesting storylines , the doctor got away light with bernie sister after spotting berni shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

cats.life wrote: »
    boy was i peed of aswell , was looking forward to tuesdays slot and had it taped so i could watch it in peace, so disapointed there was jonny telling a story sitting on high chair all eyes on him. very badly done, im just thinking would it be cause of the cuts we hear about in tg4,saving money.

Agreed. Felt like the whole Alice/Grace storyline was a complete waste of time and that I'd missed a number of episodes the way they ended it. What is her fate anyway? Was she arrested? Will there be a trial or why did she do it? None of it was explained at all. Glad it's finished with though as I couldn't stand her or the storyline, thought it was stupid tbh.

Anyone else feel that this season hasn't really got going at all? The whole thing just feels a little disjointed and they are jumping in and out of storylines that don't run smoothly or have huge gaps in them or else they just end them quickly and the whole thing was baffling e.g.
    the whole thing with Seamus' turf being stolen. WTF????
    That's just my two cents anyway

• Advertisement

Can somebody tell me what happened with Lee and her boyfriend? I missed an episode and am completely lost now.

Just not getting into RnaR at all this season. It seems to be really poor. Remember the glory days of O' Dowd and Daniel? Now they were storylines.

Can somebody tell me what happened with Lee and her boyfriend? I missed an episode and am completely lost now.

Just not getting into RnaR at all this season. It seems to be really poor. Remember the glory days of O' Dowd and Daniel? Now they were storylines.

(Spoiler tags cause I can't remember when this aired and don't wanna reveal anything for people who watch the omnibus)
    Jason basically revealed in front of everyone that Lee used to be a prostitute (which her boyfriend didn't know) and claimed that she gave him chlamydia (which she actually didn't). Iarla then broke up with Lee. Jason, after finding out that it wasn't Lee who gave him the STD, tried to convince Iarla to stay, but Iarla revealed that his brother made him go off with a prostitute when he was a teenager and that he couldn't stay with Lee because she would always remind him of how ashamed he was of that. So Iarla's gone back to London, Lee hates Jason and Jason keeps trying to apologize.

I know what you mean, the new season has been really disjointed or something, constantly jumping between storylines with no real continuity. :( Maybe they'll draw all the different threads together in a few weeks though? They are pretty good at that, after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

The storylines are rubbish at the moment!

The storylines are rubbish at the moment!

I know. Literally nothing happened in today's episode... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Donall4

I know nothing really happened in this episode. I think Evan is funny, they should give him more to do, hopefully hell gt his own story line, to keep Berni in her place. Lee is also very funny.

At the begining of the year they said that a teenage pregnancy will happen, so that's probably going to eb Evan(fingers crossed) or Katy(she annoys the **** into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Donall4

I know nothing really happened in this episode. I think Evan is funny, they should give him more to do, hopefully hell gt his own story line, to keep Berni in her place. Lee is also very funny.

At the begining of the year they said that a teenage pregnancy will happen, so that's probably going to eb Evan(fingers crossed) or Katy(she annoys the **** into me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Johnny lang

Why are all the teenage boys in Ros Na run played by 25 year olds ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Why are all the teenage boys in Ros Na run played by 25 year olds ?

The talent pool they have to pick from gets thinner all the time (they have used a LOT of it already!) They are also involved in adult storylines.

However, the chap who plays Ciarán looks WAY too old for the part of a teenager.. :D

Would be great if Jim O'Dowd came back.. Ros na Rún hasn't been the same since he left. Also, I know she's been around for a couple of years, but isn't Katy basically the same character as Molly when she arrived.. They are also repeating a lot of storylines, like rape etc..

Would be great if Jim O'Dowd came back.. Ros na Rún hasn't been the same since he left.

Killing O' Dowd off was the biggest mistake ever made. Perhaps they could do a Bobby Ewing and bring him back? It was all just a dream :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

They are also repeating a lot of storylines, like rape etc..

didnt ciaran rape katy but nobody believed her (could of been her telling more lies).

well since ciaran is working in the radio and roise being there, well my wild guess is he'll attack her and mack saves her etc etc.

Advertisement