Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BandMember

What re-runs (if any) are they going to be doing this summer, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

BandMember wrote: »
    What re-runs (if any) are they going to be doing this summer, I wonder?

They haven't shown any the last 2 or 3 summers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I wonder if Fia was "taken" in Paris

Any predictions for the finale??

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Any predictions for the finale??

Dee finds about the kiss between Katy and Mack

• Advertisement

I reckon it will be much bigger than that..... I just don't know what...

Very disappointing season finale I thought. Compared to previous ones anyway. Nothing like the season when it ended with Tadgh in the coffin!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Very disappointing season finale I thought. Compared to previous ones anyway. Nothing like the season when it ended with Tadgh in the coffin!

It seems the writers took thier inspiration from the tragedy in Buncrana with the car on the slipway a few years ago?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It seems the writers took thier inspiration from the tragedy in Buncrana with the car on the slipway a few years ago?
    I didn't see that as the Buncrana incident was accidental - this is definitely not accidental.  However, it does seem like a repeat of their own storyline from years back.  Didn't Vince's wife/gf at the time take a similar course of action in the end?   I can't remember the name but she had long black hair and there was a also a child involved if I can remember rightly at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BandMember

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I didn't see that as the Buncrana incident was accidental - this is definitely not accidental. However, it does seem like a repeat of their own storyline from years back. Didn't Vince's wife/gf at the time take a similar course of action in the end? I can't remember the name but she had long black hair and there was a also a child involved if I can remember rightly at the time.

Her name was Sinead. She was the local Doctor and, if memory serves, herself and Vince had a long term affair while he was still married to his first wife. There was indeed a kid involved, Oscar. From what I remember, she went off the rails after giving birth and it was a pretty shocking storyline at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I remember that now, she was a doctor but her ex raped her and she became pregnant I think. she concealed the pregnancy for a long time, Vinces daughter Riona was pregnant around the same time having had a fling with Roise's boyfriend. I can't remember did Riona's baby die in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I've not watched RnR in well over a year. By the sounds of things I'm not missing a lot :(

Oh yes - that was it Sinead & Oscar.  I had forgotten about her being raped, but yes, she went off the rails that time alright.  I don't remember Riona's baby dying - did she not move to Germany with the child?  We haven't heard Vince mention any of his children in years.......but sure they could make a surprise return at some point in time like Vanessa & Fia did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

no Riona married O'Dowd and moved away. when they were teenagers her twin Róise got pregnant for Rionas boyfriend and tried to pass it off as someone elses. I think the baby was a boy called Maitiú but he died.

The worst part of it he tried to claim it was 'consensual' while at the same time planning it and asking her did she want to see the 'city lights'.
    Plus he only told his wife the day before the trial - again shows the sneaky nature of the fella.
    He might as well be claiming it was because there was 'no milk in his coco-pops' as happened in a RnR story-line

https://thesoappundit.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/got-milk/

I doubt there will be any new Rape story-line in RnR any time soon given the sensitivity of it.

Woohoo folks - just saw on Facebook - it's back Tuesday night :-) :-)

Great! I was slacking with my Irish since Ros na Run was on a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

The new promo is very well done. Looking forward to the first episode of the season tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

How do I get the subtitles on??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

am...the subtitle button on your remote...square with dots on the bottom

Seven Worlds will Collide

For a while there, I thought Dee would do something drastic

branie2 wrote: »
    For a while there, I thought Dee would do something drastic

Yeah. Big anti-climax.

I was very disappointed about it all as well. Why didn't she confront him?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Areas wrote: »
    I was very disappointed about it all as well. Why didn't she confront him?

I think I might know .. but I can't say (I was an extra on RnR a few weeks ago!!) .... last series was great

The series finale last season was really good and hyped it up so much. But last night was really flat. We were all discussing it on our tea break and no one was impressed!
    But hopefully as you said they have something planned!
    I see from Instagram that they're filming Halloween episodes at the moment.

holly8 wrote: »
    I think I might know .. but I can't say (I was an extra on RnR a few weeks ago!!) .... last series was great

Don't spoil it for us!

holly8 wrote: »

I hope yer not one of them 'Donegal's' that wind Tadgh up :D

• Advertisement

Areas wrote: »
    The series finale last season was really good and hyped it up so much. But last night was really flat. We were all discussing it on our tea break and no one was impressed!
    But hopefully as you said they have something planned!
    I see from Instagram that they're filming Halloween episodes at the moment.

It was a bit of let down alright, plenty of scope, but did not go anywhere really.

Nearly as annoying as the episode where Tadgh was eavesdropping on confessions. And nothing of real consequence happened despite the enormous scope it gave.

Advertisement