Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 Micra or 08 Swift?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,410 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

paddy2008 wrote: »
    Why don't they have prices on any of their used cars? that's a bit backward.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Why don't they have prices on any of their used cars? that's a bit backward.

telling them that every day!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Hristos

Didn't look at the Fiat 500, a bit too girly... although I was considering a Micra :rolleyes:. Do you think you can get the price down to 9500?

Not sure about displayed prices on cars, this dealer I'm buying the car from had the Swift advertised at 12.5k?? So a 3k "reduction" looks good on paper, but if someone offers 10.5k, thinking 2k off is nice, would they just take that extra 1k? thank you very much ....

I seriously doubt they'll sell it for that. It's one of the cheapest 08 Swifts out there I think

hence my question: why keep asking prices so high? It nearly turned me off even enquiring about the cars in the first place. Is it for the next sucker general public that does not do a whole lot of research before buying a car, thinking that dealer prices are "more or less the same", so a 20% off asking price seems good.

• Advertisement

Sorry, misread your post. thought you were unhappy at €9600 or whatever you're getting it for.

in mywheels.ie Tax Expiry Date:Mar 2009 and it does not show the current rate of tax, as it does for othe 08+ cars. Is it possible that the change in tax from cc based to co2 based was not done after the first taxed interval? If so, am I going to have difficulties in getting it on the co2 based? sorry I'm just worried it won't be possible, I'll just have to trust the dealer on this one I guess unless someone here can say for sure.

Second concern regarding Suzuki 3 year warranty.. .car has 20k km and they are doing the first service now. Would the Suzuki warranty still be valid, should the 1.3 Swift be serviced every 20k kms? Parkers says service intervals are 10k miles, so it's a bit less than that. I mean, if the engine blows up after the 1 year dealer warranty is up, am I stuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I think my sisters one is every 15k km service intervals, unless thats changed. It should be fine if you are buying from a main dealer and to be honest I'd be very suprised if anything went wrong at all with it. Think my sisters had a recall for something to do with the steering rack but she was written to and the car came back valeted as usual. The Suz dealer she uses seems to be very good and a service cost her only €120 all in which from a main dealer is good

This is not a Suzuki dealer though... Hope what you said still applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its very simple...

if you are a bloke.........swift

if you are a girl (or gay)..........micra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

bazz26 wrote: »
    +1 for Fiat 500 (but I do like the swift...)

James May on topGear

fiat-500-16-04-08.jpg

Another granted this is the suped up one:

533-fiat-500.jpg

re: the tax situation.

Ask to see the Registration Certificate for the car.

looks like this:

Media,3081,en.jpg

don't take the garage's word for it, don't believe suzuki.ie, don't ask the SIMI, don't rely on boardsies. there is a section on the cert that says the CO2 output for that particular car. this is the only sure way of knowing - then make your decision.

yep, the VLC has 143g CO2...

I bought it anyway :)

img3142u.jpg

Nice! Well wear with it!

Best of luck lad!
    I work in the garage that car was first sold from,just wondering what kind of cash and what county did you buy it in?

9600, Galway :)

Does it have any problems you'd like to tell me about? So I can be prepared ;)

No...lol
    They are a great little car!
    dont worry about the service issue if you have any trouble with warrinty bring the car to us, we will sort it for you!
    again BEST OF LUCK WITH IT...:D

Hehe thanks, what garage are you working in? you can PM me if you like...

Hristos wrote: »
    Hehe thanks, what garage are you working in? you can PM me if you like...

http://www.trunkroadsuzuki.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well wear with it OP.

• Advertisement

At least (or at last) the girlfriend is very enthusiastic about the car, we had to go on a tour of the city with her in the driving seat. Luckily I convinced her not to sleep in the car tonight :cool:

Much better driving car than the micra, can't believe I even considered it in the beginning :)

92 bhp, 10.6s to 60, The auto accord I was considering has 152 bhp and 10.3 to 60... not bad for this little beast :)

I think there's not much I can do to improve the performance a bit, are there any chipping possibilities for this engine? Without losing warranty of course. At best I'd probably get 100 bhp, no? So possibly my next car will be the SSS, 123bhp I think, 8.6s to 60.

Or supercharge it :pac: ... It kinda has a S/C whine now, might as well give it one :pac:.

Did I mention this or not, but the other cars I was considering (focus/golf/astra) seem bland by comparison.

P.S. that picture doesn't do it justice, it's much better looking in the flesh ;)

The spotless ( so far) interior:

img3485w.jpg

Not a lot you can do to a n/a engine like that to be honest without spending major money. Looks well. Actually while I think of it. My sister isn't really careful getting in and out and often has her keys in her hand. The silver trim on the door marks VERY easily. Hers is wrecked

Meant to say, the gas pedal has about 1 cm of dead travel, you push it and nothing happens... this leads to stalled engine or over-revving in 1st gear. It's a matter of accomodation probably, but could it be adjusted?

Advertisement