Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House vs apartment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i have one of each.

im a snob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Mud Hut @ St. Stephens Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

That_Guy wrote: »
    In 2025 we'll all be living in hover houses.

Or we could all be living under the sea!!!:D

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Surely if other people were doing it then your daughter would have someone to play with?

If....

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    You know, I was brought up in a lovely big house with a huge garden with loads of space to play. And I hated it. It was a typical house in the country, quite isolated, no next door neighbours, nobody to play with. As a teenager it was even worse - hardly any buses so I had no independence at all, I was stuck in the house every summer with nothing to do. It had a really detrimental effect on my social skills and confidence. I would have absolutely loved to have lived in a city, on an estate or in a block with loads of other people, to have been able to get the DART or bus into town whenever I wanted. I know not everyone in a house is this isolated and that many live in estates, but it's not as simple as saying houses are better than apartments.

Well I think my daughter is so isolated here that at least a house in the middle of the country would mean fresh air and more space to place, a dog as a friend even but yes, I do see your point and I do mean that I would prefer to live in a nice housing estate.

I've done both though, the first house I bought was in wicklow but we couldn't wait to get back to Dublin because of the commute, which is why we bought the apartment, it's within a few mins drive of where we're orginally from and it is, as I mentioned, a really lovely apartment but it's not the same as a house. It really isn't.

If it was just myself and my husband, no kids, then the apartment would be perfect. But I do think it's no place to raise kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

Something tells me the OP bought an apartment at the height of the boom and now realises it'll be 2025 before anyone will even think about buying it.

Fact of the matter is, a house is a decent location will always beat an apartment in a decent location.

If you mean by "proper city", a city in which everybody lives in idenitcal boxes in buildings that look like womens prisons... then yes I'd rather die than see Dublin become a "proper city".

Advertisement