Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 - Newlands Cross upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

The M50 is 100km because of the narrow lane widths. Nothing got to do with the amount of lanes.

It might be just me but I could swear that that aux lane of the M3 northbound between Clonee and Pace is extremely narrow....way narrower than the M50 lanes, yet has a 120km/h limit. Someone please correct me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

highdef wrote: »
    It might be just me but I could swear that that aux lane of the M3 northbound between Clonee and Pace is extremely narrow....way narrower than the M50 lanes, yet has a 120km/h limit. Someone please correct me on that.

I agree that it's narrow, but it's also quite short and through traffic won't be using it. No biggy. TBH 120 would be fine on the M50 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

As of today there are some road markings (and final tar layer) going down on the diversion lanes... reckon it wont be long before there is a shiftover.

Hu2ZFU1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Got this in the door from BAM.New westbound lanes will be opening Dec 13th apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Do they intend to run all traffic i.e. both directions, to the right of where the temporary barrier is now? Or will the current city-bound lanes stay where they are?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭rameire

ninja900 wrote: »
    Do they intend to run all traffic i.e. both directions, to the right of where the temporary barrier is now? Or will the current city-bound lanes stay where they are?

have a gander at the pictures of the stages on the following site

http://www.n7n11.ie/n7-update/

there will be alot of movement of lanes,.
    including all lanes moving over to the temporary lanes

the pdf in post 655 is better to see how things move around.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Think they are moving the current Naas bound traffic to the new temporary lanes and moving the city bound traffic across to the current Naas bound lanes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Think they are moving the current Naas bound traffic to the new temporary lanes and moving the city bound traffic across to the current Naas bound lanes first.

As much as that makes sense to do, would it not screw up ahead at the red cow? I'm presuming, if they did this, there would be space made to transfer back over?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Looks like the Traffic Camera was moved today...
    (Live Feed)

Site16Camera85.jpg

Traffic inbound to the City (about 1km before the junction) was re-aligned this morning, pushing traffic to the Buslane, lane 1 and lane 2, while they have closed lane 3. Traffic is then merging back to original lanes just before the lights.

• Advertisement

Chaos here this morning for traffic merging onto the N7 from the Boot Road junction,sooner its closed the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

when newlands cross is done, will it have any or much of an effect on the ridiculous stop go traffic at peak times on the m50?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,131 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Idbatterim wrote: »
    when newlands cross is done, will it have any or much of an effect on the ridiculous stop go traffic at peak times on the m50?

Northbound evenings it may help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Friday at 9pm is when the changeover happens.

In the inbound delays are because the bus lane has been removed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I'm relieved they moved the traffic cam instead of disabling it.
    I'm still capturing images from it all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

It looks as if the switchover to the new temporary lanes did not happen on Friday night as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

It looks as if the switchover to the new temporary lanes did not happen on Friday night as planned.

It was double booked with the Christmas Party...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Yep, still ain't happened. A lot of activity on Friday night, less so last night passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Looks like the Traffic Camera was moved today...
    (Live Feed)

Site16Camera85.jpg

Tuesday and still not after happening. I wonder is it postponed until next weekend now?

Of course www.n7n11.ie is a wealth of update information!!!

Again, another live Pic, this time from GreenIsle. Pity the resolution isn't better (let me know if you find a better one!). Lots of activity still to the south side of the junction so I can only suggest that they are not ready to move the inbound lanes as yet and have fallen behind schedule.

Note: Camera tends to move around a lot facing inbound and outbound traffic..
    snap.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I'm trying to figure out where that camera is located and what direction it's pointing?

spacetweek wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out where that camera is located and what direction it's pointing?

Resolution is poor but i think it's on the Northbound side (inbound) and pointing back out towards Naas / Citywest. I think thats the Green Isle Hotel on the right hand side in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

cargo wrote: »
    Resolution is poor but i think it's on the Northbound side (inbound) and pointing back out towards Naas / Citywest. I think thats the Green Isle Hotel on the right hand side in the distance.

That's correct if you notice the bus lane has been taken away and normal vehicles can now drive in it.

sidcon wrote: »
    That's correct if you notice the bus lane has been taken away and normal vehicles can now drive in it.

Yeah and I think I can make out the name "N7 Green Isle" in the label on the top right of the picture.

That Greenisle Camera tends to swing back and forth, for Example, below is how it looks during afternoon & evening most days (Facing inbound towards Newlands cross from Green Isle):

(NOT a live pic..)
    284934.jpg

Just came across this video sim from a link on the AA blog re. Newlands Cross.
    Not too exciting but thought some may be interested in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Just came across this video sim from a link on the AA blog re. Newlands Cross.
    Not too exciting but thought some may be interested in it...

It's realistic anyway, hogging the middle lane like a boss :pac:

NRA website warning of disruption to 3 lanes from 22:00 tonight (20th) to 06:00 tomorrow. Must be moving the traffic to the temp lanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

NRA website warning of disruption to 3 lanes from 22:00 tonight (20th) to 06:00 tomorrow. Must be moving the traffic to the temp lanes.

Oh goodie, I'll be coming home from work during the thick of it so

• Advertisement

NRA said in the local paper today (Echo) that they won't be moving the lanes over until after Christmas,with ''engineering reasons'' being given as to why not.

Advertisement