Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2010 - Demo up on PSN

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I rated neither last year though, pro evo was garbage ever since pro evo 5. FIFA dispite its efforts is still for the people that want the whole sky sports watching a match experience rather than a footy sim. Those "skills" with the right stick for example ! Seriously WTF.

Im no pro evo fanboy i loved it up to 5 but the rest have been poor.

I went back for another game of this one the more i play it the more i like it.

You're still generalising. I didn't like FIFA just because of the match experience of it, and neither did any of my friends. So writing off anyone who loves FIFA as purely in it for the visuals is way off. I had PES2009 and it was crap in my opinion. It's a bonus having the kits etc, but I prefer FIFA because it's a better football simulation. In FIFA, you press a button and your forwards make runs, in PES they just stand there as you run past them. Which is more of a football simulator?

The days of FIFA being a purely aesthetic buy are well over. And if people are still using that argument, then they're clearly blind or fanboys, EA really pulled off a great game last year after years of being the "aesthetic game" you talk of. Yeah the skills with the right stick are ridiculous, buy how often are they pulled off? How about in PES whenever you do a right angle turn on the ball, the players ALWAYS do that Ronaldo/Drogba stepover. And the skills complaint is minor compared to the online problems that have plagued PES for how many years now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14438&p=307289#p307289

Please read non PES fanboys. Your help is much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Liamario wrote: »
    http://www.gamestm.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14438&p=307289#p307289

Please read non PES fanboys. Your help is much appreciated

thats sad. i could top that video you put up of the keeper. twice yesterday the AI scored own goals with simple back passes. the keeper just stood still and the ball rolled through their legs. :confused: time to get banned. :P

Careful now. Big Brother is watching ;)

Careful now. Big Brother is watching ;)

holy **** they're crazy.:pac:. i gave a fair honest opinion of it saying why i didnt like it and 2 minutes later they removed the post and banned me.

theres one post saying how the AI is the best of any soccer game and its basically the greatest game ever. scary stuff.

• Advertisement

I thought I was going crazy when I posted there before and my post was deleted. But now you see that I'm not going insane and that they are complete fanboys. Get your friends involved people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got to play the demo tonight and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't as bad as some posters have been making out. Some points that I noticed:

The passing was better than in PES 2009.
    Shooting from range has certainly been improved.
    Graphically the game has improved.

The goalkeepers are rubbish. In two games during the demo the keeper made terrible errors.

The thing is Josey. You say that it's better than last year. That's not saying much. Poop with a bit of extra spit and polish is still poop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I thought it was alright. But so was Fifa. I won't make a judgement on a demo, 50% code or whatever, I'll rent both. But as I was completely unimpressed by Fifa I'll rent PES first.

I'm not a fanboy by any means, I just think PES looks far more polished than Fifa, more than likely due to my tv, but Fifa seemed to lack something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The thing is Josey. You say that it's better than last year. That's not saying much. Poop with a bit of extra spit and polish is still poop

Yes, PES 2009 wasn't the best in the series (far from it) but I still have logged more than 90 hours on it.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's because I have loved PES for years and as a result expect a lot more from it. I really want them to do better, but they have been for last few years consistently failing in my opinion. I'm not going to defend them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Isnt it weird that people will complain that Konami havent tried to change the game for the last few outing but people will still say its not as good as it used to be.

Basically what people want are huge changes that keep the game the same as it used to be !!:D

Personally i think the best thing they could do would be get Pro Evo 5 do up the graphics and use that as a starting point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kdizl/doylah

Played the Pes10 demo again today and am really excited now for the new game.

I had given up on Pes after the last 2 games, but I believe the graphics are a big improvement, while the gameplay beats Fifa imho.

The fifa10 demo did nothing for me at all and I honestly thought only kids play that anyway.
    There's no sense of achievement when scoring in Fifa games.
    And thats the main thing I want for a multiplayer player game.

But I expect Fifa to hammer pes with variety though.

My only problem is I dont really like the U.I for the game, looks a bit messy.
    But definitly going to buy this game if online works well.

I believe the only thing Konami should focus on with this brand, is the following two things.

-Online Make it work please!

and

-Editing Why not let us customize everything!! From the music, commentaters, stadiums, players, kits etc.

With all this editing, you would save money on licenses etc.
    and focus more on the modes then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

-Online Make it work please!

Apparently Konami are going to use the server that was running Pro Evo 6, which was very smooth and lag free for me.

I just hope they do away with the stupid Konami ID thing cos I forgot mine the day after I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kdizl/doylah

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Apparently Konami are going to use the server that was running Pro Evo 6, which was very smooth and lag free for me.

I truly hope so.
    Playing against real people really feels properly competitive in Pes compared to Fifa.
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    I just hope they do away with the stupid Konami ID thing cos I forgot mine the day after I got it.

Yeah, I really hated this extra ID and pass. what's the use of our psn name if its not even used in the online aspect.

I hope konami abandon the idea.
    As it stop me playing mgs online aswell as pes,.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Old code is a great excuse. Same story last year and the finished game was no improvement.

Alonso is still with Liverpool in the demo = Old code.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Otacon wrote: »

Unfortunately, loads of PES games have been released with a multitude of uncompleted transfers over the years so I wouldn't use that as definitive evidence.

Tbh, I don't care if it is old code - I can't see how the game will be fundamentally different by release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Otacon wrote: »

They can change the squads but previous efforts leave me to think that the game will still be **** just like the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Enjoyed it, but I might wait for the reviews this time round.

Why oh why can they not make it a 10 minute game for the demo? It's not going to stop people buying the game. A 5 minute option barely gives you time to get the ball up the other end of the pitch and each player just tries to solo with torres or messi rather than pass the ball around.

The lighting has gone very "FIFA" style, I don't know if they use bloom or not, but there is a lot more light saturation than in 2009.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Enjoyed it, but I might wait for the reviews this time round.

Why oh why can they not make it a 10 minute game for the demo? It's not going to stop people buying the game. A 5 minute option barely gives you time to get the ball up the other end of the pitch and each player just tries to solo with torres or messi rather than pass the ball around.

The lighting has gone very "FIFA" style, I don't know if they use bloom or not, but there is a lot more light saturation than in 2009.

Had a few more games there. Warmingto it a littlemore but still a long way off.

R1 is almost useless now unlessu have massive space ahead of you. I think this is the first PES game where holding R2 is actually properly essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

noodler wrote: »
    Had a few more games there. Warmingto it a littlemore but still a long way off.

R1 is almost useless now unlessu have massive space ahead of you. I think this is the first PES game where holding R2 is actually properly essential.

Yeah agree entirely, even the best dribblers seem to lose control easily when holding R1, making it easier for defenders to poach the ball. It seems to reward quicker passing too. I rarely play one-twos in PES, but it seems like it may be more of requirement now.

It's definitely better than 2009, which wasn't really hard (I have been playing 2009 instead of FIFA which my brother bought, it may have been a poor PES, but it was still a lot more fun than FIFA, imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Nice review in PSM3

Link to the scans...

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/pes-2010---fifa-10-comparisons/914616?page=1

They've basically said Pro Evo has made the most improvements... Next gen graphics, better editing abilities, ability for online Champions League Ie. We can set one up for boards users... sounds cool!

All thats left to be tested is the online mode, which Konami have promised not to lag as well as no extra log in for Konami ID!

I for one can not wait for the game to come out! Fifa can suck my b*lls!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That seems like a really heavily PES biased article.

PES and FIFA both get a point for licensing? That makes little little sense considering the depth of FIFA licensing. Also when reviewing the editing abilities it says that PES "ships with licensing resembling a factory seconds biscuit barrel" yet gives it AND FIFA a point in the next head to head which is licensing... Complete biased rubbish.

PES and FIFA both get points for online even though the writer admits not knowing if Konami's new system will work, just hoping it will.

PES and FIFA both get points for set pieces even though for PES it's "business as usual" and in FIFA they say they "haven't used it enough yet, despite praising it to bits one page previously.

All seems a bit like they're bloating up the PES score to make sure it's better. I don't care who comes off as better if it was accurate and actually backed up what they said previously, but the article just comes off as rubbish and as the editor desperately trying to pad up the score for PES.

It's not an impartial article in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I think they got a chance to play more of the new PES game then the demo would let normal joes like ourselves...

The potential for Online from PES is probably why they gave it a point...

Custom set pieces in FIFA wont be available online... which for alot of people makes them useless...

The licencing point is more down to their edit mode I think... I have great fun with my mates making Proper classic teams with my mates on PES... but I agree FIFA does have a big edge when it comes down to real names/kits... but all of that can be downloaded or made yourself anyway...

I think if anything the article is a serious positive one for Pro Evo... I can imagine FIFA not changing much from last year, but PES really had to step it up and heres hoping the online is fixed this time around!

Only a month till we finally find out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

flynner13 wrote: »

Custom set pieces in FIFA wont be available online... which for alot of people makes them useless...

they are allowing the use of them online but have the option to pull it if people start taking advantage of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I have done a bit of messing with the tactics too much more in it now you can choose what the other players do when you have the ball in certain situations ( ie make runs ).

As i get used to it i like it more and more the Sprinting means you cant dribble or pass easily is a good thing.

If they are still improving i think ill pick it up i was dead against it before.

Fingers crossed they do

Real money in the master league to buy players with
    Improve the transfers so you get a reason as to why it broke down ie players wages not a good offer doesnt want to jion a smaller club rather than transfer broke down message and no idea if you should keep upping the bid or just forget it.

And online online online get that right and it could just save the Pro evo franchise.

That seems like a really heavily PES biased article.

PES and FIFA both get a point for licensing? That makes little little sense considering the depth of FIFA licensing. Also when reviewing the editing abilities it says that PES "ships with licensing resembling a factory seconds biscuit barrel" yet gives it AND FIFA a point in the next head to head which is licensing... Complete biased rubbish.

PES and FIFA both get points for online even though the writer admits not knowing if Konami's new system will work, just hoping it will.

PES and FIFA both get points for set pieces even though for PES it's "business as usual" and in FIFA they say they "haven't used it enough yet, despite praising it to bits one page previously.

All seems a bit like they're bloating up the PES score to make sure it's better. I don't care who comes off as better if it was accurate and actually backed up what they said previously, but the article just comes off as rubbish and as the editor desperately trying to pad up the score for PES.

It's not an impartial article in the slightest.

I love PSM, they were responsible for my initial love of PES back in the day but they are PES Die-hards and make no bones about it. They were one of the few critics to rate PES 2009 higher than Fifa 09 but they do recognise they were fighting the wave.

They are a bit like me in that just because a Pro Evo is disappointing doesn't mean that the Fifa alternative is actually better,

That being said, some of the comparisons and conclusions they came to above look weird. Being able to edit everything is great but its not better than having everything already sorted.

it does seem very biased. its an old review too so i wonder if they were playing the demo or a newer version. if it was the demo they really are talking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Has PES 10 been pushed back a week?
    Just looking at play.com, it states Oct 23rd. Wasn't an Oct 16th date pencilled in? Usually Play are fairly spot on.....especially with close releases.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/9606688/PES-2010-Pro-Evolution-Soccer/Product.html

(Apologies if this is old news).

• Advertisement

I wonder if they can push it back another year and then release a good version of PES like they used to

Advertisement