Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2010 - Demo up on PSN

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

This is a surprise. I didn't hear that the PES 2010 demo was coming to the PSN this week. I'm downloading it now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Downloading it myself now, will take a while. I wasn't to impressed with the FIFA 10 demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Downloading it myself now, will take a while. I wasn't to impressed with the FIFA 10 demo.

Me too. I felt it was no improvement over FIFA 09. I'm hopeful for this version of PES though.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Ive heard some bad things about the new pro evo, ever since the next gen consoles came out konami have lost their way with the series.
    In still gonna give the demo a go though when fifa 10 finishes downloading

I've just been signed out of PSN. Too many people downloading the latest stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nice one. Didn't expect to see that this week. Downloading quickly too. Should be finished in 8 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yeah downloading now too. Next in the queue is Trine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Let me know what thats like is it worth the 20 euro ?

Hope this pro evo is good but im not holding out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Same as :p Trine better freaking be worth it :(..

EDIT: if you want to gameshare I just bought Trine and would trade for the likes of Smash Cars...Only to active members though

Hold on a sec this isnt Bad !! No loud americanised music in the menu graphics are good the players look better in game than FIFA, plays quite nice as well its been a long time since i played Pro evo, it was annoying me that players always took atouch when turning or collecting the ball but i have found L2 makes it a lot smother they seem to take the ball in their stride a bit better.

First game impressions i lasted to the end of the demo which is more than can be said for FIFA . time for some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yeah I have to say I'm quite surprised. I've been away from PES for a few years now but enjoyed my time with this one. It does still feel a little "empty" compared to the atmosphere and epicness that EA cram into FIFA, but the gameplay is certainly less harsh.

I'll keep giving it a chance and see how I feel later, particularly when they get their proper releases...

• Advertisement

The demo doesn't impress me. Feels too much like an arcade game I think. I will play it again tomorrow but so far my opinion is that its ****.

Way more tactics in this which i really enjoyed. Liked working on the support for players in differnet situations . i feel its much more os a sim than recent releases ( might be that i havent played pro evo 08 for about 2 years or 09 for about 9 months and that was 1 game).

I was going to say the refs are good but then i got a penalty given against me very dubious. Then Torres got sent off !!.

Its hard to tell with a short demo and of course it comes down to the online if its lagging 1 v 1 im not interested. I have heard the master league wil have real money not points not sure it thats true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have to say the demo really let me down. I was really hoping this year for Konami to step up their game and I hope the demo is improved upon. The response times are shocking, there were times when I pressed pass and it took the players two or three more steps to actually pass it, by which time the keeper had rushed out. I like the aethetic look of it, but the gameplay is very arcadey, too much straight line running, doesn't look natural.

Having played it some more this morning I am really put off this game. Konami have screwed up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I do not understand why Konami realise a demo with months old code. What possible purpose does it serve?

The code we are now playing is from a few months ago, when Konami said they were about 50% complete. At the time, reviewers said they could see the direction Konami were going in but a lot more work was needed. A few weeks ago an 80% complete version of the code was previewed by the same guys who said there was a big improvement in the gameplay.

Why release the earlier code when you are already on shaky ground with the fans?

Otacon wrote: »
    I do not understand why Konami realise a demo with months old code. What possible purpose does it serve?

The code we are now playing is from a few months ago, when Konami said they were about 50% complete. At the time, reviewers said they could see the direction Konami were going in but a lot more work was needed. A few weeks ago an 80% complete version of the code was previewed by the same guys who said there was a big improvement in the gameplay.

Why release the earlier code when you are already on shaky ground with the fans?

Maybe Konami are letting us get a feel for the shít demo, then when they release the game and it's 100% complete they're hoping we will be blown away by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I really liked it :)

Maybe Konami are letting us get a feel for the shít demo, then when they release the game and it's 100% complete they're hoping we will be blown away by that?

Yes, but considering FIFA is released nearly a month before PES, its suicidal releasing such a poor demo. People will look at this demo, think its crap, be able to afford one football game, and will buy FIFA, so if PES somehow pulls something out of its arse, it'll have lost most of it's market by that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Very disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Not impressed with it at all

• Advertisement

Have Konami confirmed that the code is months old?

I remember the demo for 2009 was supposed to be old code and I bought the game despite being disappointed with the demo. In the end I didn't see much difference between the demo and the final retail version. I hope this doesn't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Have Konami confirmed that the code is months old?

PESFan are currently saying this is the old code. They play-tested it months ago. I can't from work, but go to the PESFan forums and they will explain what seems to have happened.

Old code is a great excuse. Same story last year and the finished game was no improvement.

Yes, but considering FIFA is released nearly a month before PES, its suicidal releasing such a poor demo. People will look at this demo, think its crap, be able to afford one football game, and will buy FIFA, so if PES somehow pulls something out of its arse, it'll have lost most of it's market by that stage.

But the FIFA demo was complete garbage. As with most EA licenced games its all style and no substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I should of stayed away from this thread as I'm downloading the demo at the moment (its taking feckin' ages). I was hoping for something exceptional this year as I remember hearing when pes 2009 was being released last year that pes 2010 was going to be a massive step up as they would've come to terms with the Playstation hardware by then.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

kenon wrote: »
    I should of stayed away from this thread as I'm downloading the demo at the moment (its taking feckin' ages). I was hoping for something exceptional this year as I remember hearing when pes 2009 was being released last year that pes 2010 was going to be a massive step up as they would've come to terms with the Playstation hardware by then.

Its not exceptional ( well we wont be able to tell that untill the full game is out with all the options available and a better understanding of what they have done) But it is good. I dont know why people are saying its arcadey i havent seen anything that looks arcadey to me.

But the FIFA demo was complete garbage. As with most EA licenced games its all style and no substance.

As with most EA licenced games? That's a fairly inaccurate broad statement, seeing as for example their Madden games constantly get high ratings.

FIFA 09 has a critic average of 87-88 on Gamesrankings.
    PES 2009 was 75-76.

And I don't think FIFA won that battle on "style and with no substance"

With all due respect, at least EA have tried to innovate and improve their game over the last few years from 2nd best in the market to best (based on reviews), whereas Konami have been shelling out the same sh!te for the last 4 years and expecting brand loyalty to get them through.

I'd love Konami to bring back the glory days and get a great game out there, but the fact is that they're not innovating at all. Last year I switched to FIFA because I had the capacity not to blindly follow one franchise, and PES has done nothing this year on the basis of a demo to make me think of buying it.

If you're trying to sell someone a new car, you don't give them a test drive in a faulty old model and then expect them to buy a new model based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Don't believe the fanboys. The game isn't up to scratch. Broken animations, terrible menus, same old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Old code is a great excuse. Same story last year and the finished game was no improvement.

Jesus man you hit the nail on the head. Was over on the winning eleven blog and all the fanboys kept making the same excuses they've been making every single year. It's just a ridiculous blind allegiance to a sub standard product. I was a huge fan of PES, but as Konami continued to rape me, I eventually said no!!!

• Advertisement

As with most EA licenced games? That's a fairly inaccurate broad statement, seeing as for example their Madden games constantly get high ratings.

FIFA 09 has a critic average of 87-88 on Gamesrankings.
    PES 2009 was 75-76.

And I don't think FIFA won that battle on "style and with no substance"

With all due respect, at least EA have tried to innovate and improve their game over the last few years from 2nd best in the market to best (based on reviews), whereas Konami have been shelling out the same sh!te for the last 4 years and expecting brand loyalty to get them through.

I'd love Konami to bring back the glory days and get a great game out there, but the fact is that they're not innovating at all. Last year I switched to FIFA because I had the capacity not to blindly follow one franchise, and PES has done nothing this year on the basis of a demo to make me think of buying it.

If you're trying to sell someone a new car, you don't give them a test drive in a faulty old model and then expect them to buy a new model based on that.

I rated neither last year though, pro evo was garbage ever since pro evo 5. FIFA dispite its efforts is still for the people that want the whole sky sports watching a match experience rather than a footy sim. Those "skills" with the right stick for example ! Seriously WTF.

Im no pro evo fanboy i loved it up to 5 but the rest have been poor.

I went back for another game of this one the more i play it the more i like it.

Advertisement