Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe of Freedom and Democracy group leaflet published

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

after all European taxpayers elected them. Just as the EPP, PES and others are providing financing for the yes side.

except o course EPP PES and ALDE all have irish meps and links to national parties and groups within Ireland.

cant say the same for the freedom and democray group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭vanla sighs

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    except o course EPP PES and ALDE all have irish meps and links to national parties and groups within Ireland.

cant say the same for the freedom and democray group.

Not yet anyway...lol But whether any political grouping has links to Ireland or Irish MEP's is, in my opinion, irrelevant. The result of the Irish referendum will have a knock on effect throughout Europe therefore all of the EU should be concerned. Anyway, there's nothing in the rules against any EP political entity opposing or as we very clearly see (:rolleyes:) supporting a referendum in any member State.

And btw, I'm pro-EU just anti-Lisbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Not yet anyway...lol But whether any political grouping has links to Ireland or Irish MEP's is, in my opinion, irrelevant. The result of the Irish referendum will have a knock on effect throughout Europe therefore all of the EU should be concerned. Anyway, there's nothing in the rules against any EP political entity opposing or as we very clearly see (:rolleyes:) supporting a referendum in any member State.

You may see it as irrelevant, but I don't. Neither UKIP nor any member of EFD will have to live with any consequences for Ireland.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭vanla sighs

Scofflaw wrote: »
    You may see it as irrelevant, but I don't. Neither UKIP nor any member of EFD will have to live with any consequences for Ireland.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

But they will have to live with the consequences of a yes vote for their respective countries. There are no discernible consequences for Ireland in voting no, in my opinion....the EU simply continues under Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

But they will have to live with the consequences of a yes vote for their respective countries. There are no discernible consequences for Ireland in voting no, in my opinion....the EU simply continues under Nice.

Again, it's irrelevant whether you perceive any consequences of voting No - unless it is impossible for there to be any consequences for Ireland, UKIP have no business in our decision. And unless you're able to predict the future with complete confidence, you're not in a position to claim that there simply cannot be any consequences.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
Advertisement