Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immortal fighting championships 1 fight card

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Just to be a pedantic Pete for a second - using technology is not a talent its just applied knowledge.
    Everyone starts out useless with all of it, but after going through the pain to do it once, they can be considered novices, doing it a couple times in a month, they have a fair idea what they are doing and if a person uses it weekly then they are as close to experts as you will get.

So using youtube or bluetooth on your phone is not something you can suck at. You can't try to do it correctly and fail because of something to do you with your own ability, if you try to do it correctly it will succeed, everytime.
    To be more accurate when talking about technology and the like I think we should adopt the phrase "I haven't used that before" instead of "I am no good with computers" which is my personal least favourite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Just to be a pedantic Pete for a second - using technology is not a talent its just applied knowledge.
    Everyone starts out useless with all of it, but after going through the pain to do it once, they can be considered novices, doing it a couple times in a month, they have a fair idea what they are doing and if a person uses it weekly then they are as close to experts as you will get.

So using youtube or bluetooth on your phone is not something you can suck at. You can't try to do it correctly and fail because of something to do you with your own ability, if you try to do it correctly it will succeed, everytime.
    To be more accurate when talking about technology and the like I think we should adopt the phrase "I haven't used that before" instead of "I am no good with computers" which is my personal least favourite :)

Mark great rant and i agree but you are officially a geek after this!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

cowzerp wrote: »
    Mark great rant and i agree but you are officially a geek after this!!

:D I think I always was you know, just some people weren't aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

:D I think I always was you know, just some people weren't aware!

I find it hard to believe that anybody wasn't aware TBH. ;)

Paul,

Call him a geek all day, he likes that, just don't call him a nerd! :eek: He doesn't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I think the official term should be changed from "I'm no good with technology" to "I couldn't be arsed learning how to use technology"

I for example, can't be arsed learning how to use my phone properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement