Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immortal fighting championships 1 fight card

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

pro a
    Ali Mc Clean chum sut V Norman Parkes efr
    Cathal Pendred sbg V Ronan Mc Kay efr
    pro b
    Antony Scuillion efr V Cecil Mc Gillian sft
    Myles Price ktp V Mickey Doyle kempo
    Stephen Connelly evolve V Neil Mc Guigan efr
    c class
    Joe Clarke pccb V Paddy Mc Colgan sft
    Paul Brown sft V Paul Donanghue ktp
    Jamie Mc Dowell imma V tbc
    Mickey Mc Bride sft V Richard Gorey ktp
    Brian Gallagher sft V Deckey Daulton pccb
    James Todd pccb V Davin Corraigan sft
    Jamie Mc Alliese imma V Ronnie Brennan sft
    Alan Philpott imma V John Mc Elhinney sft
    Chirs Doran pccb V Eugne McCauley sft
    Cormac Copland pccb V Deckey Mc Cormick imma
    Jonny O Brien sft V Darrac Mellon evolve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Richie_Gorey

troygracie wrote: »
    Mickey Mc Bride sft V Richard Govern ktp

That's Richard Gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Good card!! Looking forward to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Yeah nice card.

Norman versus Ali should be a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

When it will be? And where? Thanks

I had sent connor your number.

It is in Strabane this saturday night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Bruce11

Cathal is gonna beast the fight against Ronan McKay, from what I've seen I pity the poor lad. He is in some shape and condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Doran v McCauley Dec
    Copeland v McCormack - Komora 3rd
    Daulton v Gallagher - TKO 1st
    Todd v Corrigan Tri Choke 1st
    McAleese v Brennan - Corn Stoppage
    Mellon v O'Brien - Komora 2nd
    Donaghue v Brown - Front Choke 1st
    Goery v McBride - Armbar 1st
    Clarke v McColgan - Kneebar 1st
    McGuigan v Connolly - GNP 2nd
    Price v Doyle - Dec
    Scullion v McGillion -GNP
    Pendred v McKay
    McClean v Parkes

With the contruction of their spectacular new cage the Strabane lads wer in buoyant mood and they had every right to be!

This was a super show and this morning I woke up buzzing with excitment over last nights affair. I seen an array of talent pieced with a well put together show and it made for a very enjoyable night of MMA!

Firstly my maternal instinct brings me straight to the talents of two young 15yr olds from SFT along with a few other teens started the show with their eagerness and raw talent however they all displayed great professionalism and are surely gonna be stars in our sport!!!

One of the best fights for me was the McAleese v Brennan in which I seen a relentless Brennan give everything but McAleese had takin on the stance of "elastic man" and moved out of everything! Talent of these youngsters makes me feel secure in the knowledge that our sport has a massive future here!

On to "my star" Joe Clarke - Joe had stated that he would be finishing the fight with a KO but it went to plot when the excellent McColgan came out with his KO plan also. Joe woz more than happy to take his submission and get the job done as he knew McColgan cud cus his problems. I remember Joe come to the scene at the ripe age of 15 and it should giv encouragement to the younger fighters last nite that this is wot you can achieve!!!

Next to Scullion and McGillion - Anthony started in total control but Cecil waited his opportunity, didnt faze and took control and finished strong. Two great young fighters who no doubt we will see more off!!!!

Pendred v McKay wot can I say - two great gentlemen whom I love very dearly! Pendred to me cud be a UFC contender in the future (for Ireland - he woz actually born in the USA!) He looked in extremely great shape and ready for action. Ronan came in lookin focused at job at had and after a barrage of exchanges the boys knew each had a mountain to climb. Ronan comes with all round ability and extensive cage experience always willing to take the fight and improve himself. Great display lads Im honoured I woz in the audience to watch such a massive fight and think ur both huge stars with great personalities!!!!

McClean v Parkes - McClean has been lookin more fights and didnt take an easy one in Parkes. Since his appearance on the scene he is like a force of nature. This definately woznt a fight for the light hearted! He has unbelievable strength as well as mma class. The Parkes with the Sparkes!!! Excellent main event and we will definately see these toppin the cards again - well done lads!

Overall a super nite of outstanding MMA. Excellent reffin from the experience Mr Marron, a great MC, fantastic lightin and music and a wonderful crowd!!!

Strabane lads hav a lot to be proud of this mornin and Im so proud to hav the likes of you promotin the sport as you do a wonderful job at it!!! Super show without a flaw well done!!!!

Next on to Everglades Hotel on 17th Oct to Chaos Fighting Championships - card shapin up with local hero Paddy "Lollipop" Doherty against formidable Darren Friel. Also a smasher in McConnell v Ward all to look forward to!!!!

As real as it gets???? This woz better lol!!!

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

(ps excuse any typo's and errors - third time Im typin it as it keeps lockin me out - mayb I've too much to say - but I am a woman lol!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Would have to agree this was probably the best local event ive been to! Norman parkes could well be fighting in the UFC when it comes back to Dublin i cant see anyone around that weight in Ireland beating him!! As for Joe Clarke he also has all the potential to make it! he just looks so confident in the cage top fighter!

All the Strabane crowd wer happy for Cecil who pulled off a brilliant win over Anthony Scullion!!

Ronnie Brennan at only 15 is one to watch!!

Great Fight nite!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Campbell M

It was a really great show.

I was blown away by the quality of the fights and the atmosphere was great (as usual).

The standard of fighters at these local shows has improved so much so quickly it is unbelievable.

McManus wrote: »
    Norman parkes could well be fighting in the UFC when it comes back to Dublin i cant see anyone around that weight in Ireland beating him!!

Greg Loughran could be there at this weight - how lucky are they to hav each other as team mates to train with!!!

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

Just like to say thanks for the support, mcmanus and of course Mrs Lynch. Was a great show, fighters were really looked after. Great crowd (even when booing me:P)

Would love to fight on their show again.

Didnt see all of the fights but ill let you know my thoughts on What i seen.

1st fight was FOTN by far. Chris Doran and Eugene(sp) mc cauly(sp) was an unbelievable fight, really got the show started. Win or lose, both fighters were really immpressive. HEART OR LIONS

Cormac v decky was a really good fight. I train with Cormac and was in Disbelief that he was that calm and good in his 1st fight (he beats me up alot in training). Things didnt go 100% for him but he was really impressive. Well done to Decky, another great fighter on the way.

Jamie mc alliese just wont stop will he? Another great fighter. Ronnie Brennan for 15 years old the sky is the limit for him. Hopefully seeing alot more of him.

James Todd unlucky but will be back

Decky ''the diamond'' Dalton, UFC is on the way. Looked unbelievable. Perfect gameplan and funny interview in the cage after. Brian looked great but just had an unlucky run in with Decky (i know he hits really hard:() but brian showed he had a great chin and heart.

Next fight i seen was my own.

Lex wow. Shocked everybody with that performance. Stephen had the biggest neck ive ever seen but didnt phase Neil as he looked unreal.

Anthony Scullion vs cecil, good start with Anthony looking really good but cecil stuck in there and showed that he has POWER.

Cathal Pendred vs Ronan McKay was David vs Goliath. Was a War. Cathal in great shape as was Ronan (from C cup down to B cup:p) Great fight.

Main event was really immpressive. Norman Parke is for real. Didnt look like slowing down once (i actually thought he was going to punch a hole in the cage floor) but what heart from Ali.

Great show Great fights Great crowd

joe

I think this was their best show yet. The fights I saw were top notch.

The "strabanimals" sure do love their fighting and know how to get a venue rocking.

Cathal vs Ronan was a great fight. It went one way then the other. I thought it was going to be cathal's fight but Ronan's experience and determination paid off. Two very decent guys

Cecil looked the best I've seen him.

Norman Parkes is one of the best I've watched on the local scene. Very slick guy. Was just too much for Ali.

Fair play to JP Kerr who I say is th best MC on the scene IMO. Articulate, precise and knows how to get the crowd worked up into a frenzy.

A great night. I must say the fighters were treated brilliant. The crowd was very good and knew their stuff. A pleasure to be involved with. The MC did a great job too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Where are events like this advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I was lucky enough to be in the neighbourhood for this show, and I have to agree with the previous posters, it was an awesome event, tremendous matchmaking, great production values and its one I will definitely return to, hopefully with some fighters on the card next time.

My only quibble, and I said it to Conor after the event, is that the breaks between fights are very frustrating, there was a 3-5 minute break between each match that seemed to be needless to me, feel free to jump in and correct me on that.
    It delayed the show the guts of an hour. If the Strabane crew get a share of the bar profits then they are dead right, but otherwise it takes away from an otherwise awesome event.
    I tweeted the results as they happened on www.Twitter.com/PointBlankGym , but Urs has them right above.

Mark a share in the bar would be a great clause...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Yep I fought long and hard for it down here, as it used to be the case a few years back, but the new venue management are all over that now :)

Just another word to congratulate (again) SFT on their treatment of fighters - had spoke to a view of them on the side and they all commented on how well they wer treated and to me this is always an important factor. Sorry for snoopin but us woman are unreal lol

Lookin forward to seeing some of ur fighters up Mark they are always entertaining!!!

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

Have to say, I thought it was an amazing show. Lights and atmosphere were amazing, and the fights were top class. Well done to Connor and all on a great show, and well done to all the fighters, really was a great night.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

Have to say it was a very good show, and was really impressed with he fights. I couldn't believe the level the young ones were at, I'm goin to have to step up my game! Highly skilled in all areas, and let it all hang out! Eveyone was looked after and crowd got behind the fighters.

Only negative part was the start time with 15 scheduled fights meant a very long night and as mark said there was a long gap between fights which made it seem ages! Other than that a good show!

• Advertisement

Chris some fight you have next against Rich Clementi.

Will be some scalp to take. How is training going?

Jason Mc wrote: »
    Chris some fight you have next against Rich Clementi.

Will be some scalp to take. How is training going?

I no mate, but u no me, I like to take hard fights! Training is good I'm fighting next week so I'm in good shape so I'm jus gona hit the gym again after the fight.

Defo stoked for that card. Has abrol got anything lined up

How was Ali after saturday night? Must have been gutted but I tell you what. That was a major fight to take. He's a young guy with a heart of a lion and a head like a rhino.

Head like a ****in rock ya mean! He's ok, just recovering and annoyed bout it as he didn't utilize his gameplan, but it happens to us all! My hat goes off to him as didn't quit and took a hard fight.

Bingo had a bad neck injury so he's out until next year, he can't train for ages, so he's just takin it easy at the mo.

I have tickets for anyone wanting to go, they cost £30 so f your after any jus let me know and I'll get them to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Videos of the fights are now posted on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWAy3a2tDU
    go to youtube user barjc for all the fight selections "enjoy":)

Do you have the gorey-mcbride fight or price-doyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Do you have the gorey-mcbride fight or price-doyle?
    A few of the fights have to be edited still (lenght reasons) b4 they are put on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 squigs55

Can anyone add the second round of the McGuigan - Connelly fight? Would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

Its on Youtube but I can't rememeber what its under. I have it on my phone but I'm crap at uploading things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 squigs55

Yeah the 1st round is on there but I can't see the 2nd anywhere? Any chance of trying to upload it please?
    I know what its like - I'm useless with new tech also! cheers

Advertisement