Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 €124.99 - First 10 customers - Gamestop: The Square

Options
  • 15-09-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

The new Gamestop shop is opening in the square in Tallaght on the 18th of September and it's offering the first 10 customers the chance to buy an Xbox 360 elite console for half price.

http://gamestop.ie/specials_ie.asp has more details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

There will be some Queue for these before the shop opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well I'm not sure if it's exclusive to the first 10 people who actually go into the shop or the first 10 people who are actually looking to buy an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

By posting this on boards, you have decreased your chance of getting one at a bargain price

Kevin! wrote: »
    By posting this on boards, you have decreased your chance of getting one at a bargain price

I've already got one. I just want to sit outside the shop and watch the pandemonium happen before my eyes as people rip each other to shreds for an Xbox 360. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ignore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Oh my god! I hate you for posting this. Please delete it! Now I have to get up even earlier. I emailed gamestop about this nad got nothing back. Trying to figure out what time to go down at. The Please note that the shop opens at 1.00PM according to their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Charrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Oh my god! I hate you for posting this. Please delete it! Now I have to get up even earlier. I emailed gamestop about this nad got nothing back. Trying to figure out what time to go down at. The Please note that the shop opens at 1.00PM according to their site.

lol, your giving people the wrong time so you can snatch yourself a bargain

Nope its on their website.

[qoute]New store opening in The Square S.C. in Tallaght on September 18th at 1pm! See our amazing opening offer! [/quote]
    http://www.gamestop.ie/

I'm actually considering this.

Seriously, do you guys thing there will be a queue for opening? I'd say if you're there 15 minutes before hand you'd get one?

Does anyone know where in the square this place is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Seriously, do you guys thing there will be a queue for opening? I'd say if you're there 15 minutes before hand you'd get one?

Judging from offers in Harvey Norman etc. for less well-known things I'd be wanting to get there a good 45 minutes-1 hour in advance tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I heard it was on the second floor near the big ice cream place in the middle... but I wouldn't be too sure, haven't seen it yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its just beside Champion Sports, they were getting the place ready today!!

There was also a huge poster outside the shop about the deal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

That_Guy wrote: »
    The new Gamestop shop is opening in the square in Tallaght on the 18th of September and it's offering the first 10 customers the chance to buy an Xbox 360 elite console for half price.
    http://gamestop.ie/specials_ie.asp has more details.

Anyone heading in?
    Let us know how you got on if you went in.
    My damned job is getting in the way of more cheap stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

woooooopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoopwwoop Number 5 baby...

haha this was bedlam as early as 8.15am... 8.15am!!! I'm sitting here havin a coffee watchin my ipod in the coffee shop down a bit and there has literally been a couple of hundred people comin up and bein turned away since 9am. They handed out vouchers to the first 10 and sent us on our merry way.

Thank God for my bit of recon that tipped me off that doors were opened at 8.30am, not 9am as per TheSquare.ie

I also hate whoever posted this originally by the way, but I knew most people would slip up with the opening time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

consultech wrote: »
    woooooopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoopwwoop Number 5 baby...

haha this was bedlam as early as 8.15am... 8.15am!!! I'm sitting here havin a coffee watchin my ipod in the coffee shop down a bit and there has literally been a couple of hundred people comin up and bein turned away since 9am. They handed out vouchers to the first 10 and sent us on our merry way.

Thank God for my bit of recon that tipped me off that doors were opened at 8.30am, not 9am as per TheSquare.ie

I also hate whoever posted this originally by the way, but I knew most people would slip up with the opening time :D

Dammit :mad: Was just about to head to the square now and chance my arm, ah well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

consultech wrote: »
    They handed out vouchers to the first 10 and sent us on our merry way.

If I was you i'd have tried to sell the voucher to someone else

Wish I could've seen the madness.

I got there at half 8 and was number 11 in the que. Im soo pisse doff. Damn you for posting this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

I got there at half 8 and was number 11 in the que. Im soo pisse doff. Damn you for posting this thread!

You got served! Or maybe not......

• Advertisement

I was planning on heading there last night and sitting out but I got an email from them.

"Thanks for your email. Our store is now opening at 1pm in order to get last minute details sorted. I recommend getting there an hour or two in advance in order to avail of this offer."

I got there 5 hours before hand and no luck.

they should have given the next 10 a new release game for 1/2 price imo

They should have made the first 10 queue until 1pm!

If I had of known they'd give out vouchers for people to come back later I would have went down at 8 as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

They should have made the first 10 queue until 1pm!

If I had of known they'd give out vouchers for people to come back later I would have went down at 8 as well!

I had a feeling it was gonna happen. Myself and another bloke were purposely very vocal, pointed out to security etc that it would be a good idea to give us vouchers and cut out any maddening crowds all day. Im not so sure it was gamestop's plan to all along to issue them, maybe it was.

I'd say it's only gettin good now anyway.

hope there are some gardai there, could be trouble if there's any sc****gs near the front of the queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

hope there are some gardai there, could be trouble if there's any sc****gs near the front of the queue
    Scumbags in The Square, what are the chances? :pac:

Did I mention Im annoyed...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Glad i didn't send me mot down for 11.30 so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thanks for the heads-up OP, passed your info on to a couple of mates who managed to pick up two early this morning.

• Advertisement

Now I hate this thread even more!

Advertisement