Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi and Lidl oktoberfest?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

20 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Can't wait to get my hands on some of that lowenbrau oktoberfest beer.
    Although when I drink it,it just makes wish I was in Munich!!!

Best Party in The World!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/travel/oktoberfest-kicks-off/20090921-fxbt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Picked up 2 cases (20x50cl) of LowenbrauOktoberfestbier, and 1 case (20x50cl) of Spaten Oktoberfestbier this morning at 10:30am
    :):):)

between that, and the Hommel i picked up recently.. i reckon the house is pretty well stocked up :D

i should have enough to see me thru till xmas, if not beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

BTW: the aldi i went to had only 5 cases each of spaten/lowenbrau.

Dunno if they will be getting more in during the week.
    I know that when lidl were doing a special on beers a few months back, they restocked once or twice during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Do you still need the garda age card to buy from these places?

Its really annoying that I get asked for it there and they won't accept drivers license as proof of age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Picked up as case of Lowenbrau and a pack of Licher today, there was only 4 cases of Lowenbrau and Spaten left at the afternoon.

I'm just back from Aldi in ballyphehane (Cork City) with two cases of lowenbrau, the brother got one for himself. They have about eight cases of lowenbrau left. Plenty of spaten there as well. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I'm just back from Aldi in ballyphehane (Cork City) with two cases of lowenbrau, the brother got one for himself. They have about eight cases of lowenbrau left. Plenty of spaten there as well. Happy days :D

You try the spaten yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Got some of each ... lowenbrau x6, spaten x6 & Licher. x 2 boxes.

Really loved the Licher so much so I went back for more today :D

To be quite honest I was never a fan of the regular Spaten and the Octoberfest version is no major improvement. It is fine but and grand to drink but I won't be buying a case.

Have not tasted the Lowenbrau yet but will tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Anyone know if LIdl is stocking the Spaten Oktoberfest or is it just Lidl?

• Advertisement

Think it's Just Aldi and not Lidl or LIdl :p

Tucking into a Lowenbrau now .... mmmm ... tasty ... I like.

Was in my local Aldi today and they have plenty available so may pick up a few more :cool:

How does the Licher compare with Schofferhofer?

Jason1984 wrote: »
    How does the Licher compare with Schofferhofer?

For me the Licher is much better. I've tried the schofferhofer a fair few times but find it a bit light but good for the price. The Licher seems to have a better flavour for me. I've had a fair few different brands of cloudy wheat beers and these ranks up there for me. But I'm no expert I just like what I like ;-)

Grab a box and see what you think and go back for more if you lke it

For me the Licher is much better. I've tried the schofferhofer a fair few times but find it a bit light but good for the price. The Licher seems to have a better flavour for me. I've had a fair few different brands of cloudy wheat beers and these ranks up there for me. But I'm no expert I just like what I like ;-)

Grab a box and see what you think and go back for more if you lke it

Think I'll have to do that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I find Schofferhofer very gasey and lacking in flavour.Havent tried Licher yet but you can get Franziskaner in Lidl still for the same price as schofferhofer and it's a far superior Weissbier.

Haven't tried Franziskaner yet, must give it a go. I'm having Licher at the moment, I find it has less flavor than Schofferhofer, again that's just my taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

pa990 wrote: »
    i wish lidl would do more beer offers.. i'm still working thru the Hoegaaren and Leffe that they had a short while back

I couldnt believe it when I saw the Leffe appearing in Lidl. I thought it was going to be in stock regularly and not just on special offer. So I bought 2 cases... and went back in a week later for more to find it had sold out, but not just in Donegal Town, but in Letterkenny, Bundoran and Dungloe also. The Lidl over the border has completely different special offers on. In fact, they stock a load of different goods than in the south.

Where you can still get the large bottles of Leffe is in the Co-Op Superstore chains in the North, and they are aroun £3.25 for a 75cl bottle

Haven't tried Franziskaner yet, must give it a go. I'm having Licher at the moment, I find it has less flavor than Schofferhofer, again that's just my taste.

Just goes to show everybody has different tastes ... for me it's the other way around :rolleyes: what one likes another may not neccessairly like. Also every one tases differently and can get different tastes from an identical product.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Lidl over the border has completely different special offers on. In fact, they stock a load of different goods than in the south.
    Jaysus! You'd nearly think it was a totally different country with a completely different excise arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Franziskaner is god/gold!

My favorite beer, the only one I drink at home and only wish pubs would serve it here but I can't find it in any pubs :(

Definitely give it a try everyone because its almost perfect as far as I'm concerned :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

thebman wrote: »
    Franziskaner is god/gold!

My favorite beer, the only one I drink at home and only wish pubs would serve it here but I can't find it in any pubs :(

Definitely give it a try everyone because its almost perfect as far as I'm concerned :D

I have to agree. I have grown quite fond of it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

I tried the Erdinger Oktoberfest at the weekend and it was like drinking a pint of soapy water. The Paulaner Oktoberfest whilst not bad was a bit of a let down aswell. I remeber liking the Spaten version last year so looking to forward to trying that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

bennyob wrote: »
    I have to agree. I have grown quite fond of it recently.

We will be setting up an appreciation society at this stage! Another fan here and delighted to see it for €2 in Lidl for the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

Was happy enough with the Aldi octoberfest offerings, even though I am a bit of a hophead now . I got a lovely German beer Weltenburger Klosterbrauerei Anno 1050 http://www.beerangel.com/product_inf...Anno-1050.html from a friend and thought it even better than Aldi's lager offerings.
    Any word of whether Lidl have more shephard maeme beers in ? Heard someone mention they have some new stock in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Be patriotic! Drink Irish beer. Your country needs you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Rujib1 wrote: »
    Be patriotic! Drink Irish beer. Your country needs you.
    And for the best of both worlds: Porterhouse Alt is back on sale from this Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

what are the average aldi stocks like now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

There was only a case left of spaten oktoberfest left on wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

aye, in the local aldi there was only spaten oktoberfest left the other day

• Advertisement
Advertisement