Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi and Lidl oktoberfest?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

It's nearly that time of the year, does anyone know if the aforementioned retailers are going to be running any specials (cheap cans of lager do not count!), and if so, any idea what can we look forward to?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Usually at the end of the month/start of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redhugh

they usually advertise this in the promotional pamphlets distributd in the weekend newspapers Lidi with Sat papers Aldi with sunday papers i think if not the other way round.

watch out for the Oktoberfest Spaten Munich brew Aldi did it last year, very good beer with a hint of caramel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i had the spaten oktoberfest last year, and it was good!

If they have the lowenbrau again I'll be filling the car with the stuff this year:pac:

If they have the lowenbrau again I'll be filling the car with the stuff this year:pac:

yeah the oktober fest lowenbrau is good but the normal lowenbrau is just run of the mill stuff

If the done Paulaner heffwise it would be great but we will have to wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

i wish lidl would do more beer offers.. i'm still working thru the Hoegaaren and Leffe that they had a short while back

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

The Octoberfest beers were available first Thursday in October last year I think. Hopefully the flyer out this Wednesday has some on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

saw the lidl brochure today....9.99 for mini kegs of grafwalden pils and weiss....had the weiss before and its a decent one..lot of cheap wine case deals too no idea what its like though

oconn wrote: »
    saw the lidl brochure today....9.99 for mini kegs of grafwalden pils and weiss....had the weiss before and its a decent one..lot of cheap wine case deals too no idea what its like though
    The hefe is pretty good alright. I have not tried the pils yet. Might get myself a keg of both as 9.99 for a 5 litre keg is a bargain I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

mayto wrote: »
    The hefe is pretty good alright. I have not tried the pils yet. Might get myself a keg of both as 9.99 for a 5 litre keg is a bargain I think

Had their hefe before and like it and a good price too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

anyone seen spaten oktoberfest yet?

oconn wrote: »

yeah i had a few kegs of this as Grafwalden Weiss as well, its good stuff for the price, it sure beats a similar keg of hino for €19.99, as long as its all drank the same day as its opened (it tends to be a bit flat the next day with no head)
    PS stay away from the Aldi & lidl wine you get what you pay for the price is cheap and the wine is reflected in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 On the Bench

Picked up a keg of Grafenwalder Pils for 10 euro in Lidl last night. Not bad, but I did find the keg hard to use, a lot harder to use than the keg of Lowenbrau I usually pick up in Munich Airport on my way back to Dublin airport..

Aldi has some good news!

Spaten Oktoberfestbier
    Löwenbräu Oktoberfestbier

and more goodies!
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week40Thursday09.htm

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Aldi has some good news!

Spaten Oktoberfestbier
    Löwenbräu Oktoberfestbier

and more goodies!
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week40Thursday09.htm

I'll be in aldi after work tomorrow then, buying as much lowenbrau as I can fit into my car.
    EDIT: Crap it's next thursday :(

Not until next thursday :(

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/of...Thursday09.htm

That's great news :D
    I must clear out the car boot to make room for some beer.

Last year i only picked up the 'Licher' and it was tasty.. i'll deffo be getting some of that this time round.. i'll stock up on the Spaten and Lowenbrau as well

Köstritzer Schwarzbier
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_7380.htm

looks nice.. uk only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

pa990 wrote: »
    Köstritzer Schwarzbier

Great beer, pitty its not available here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Dang it, enjoyed the Köstritzer last year, pity there not gettin it in down here.:(

• Advertisement

Köstritzer Schwarzbier

That was last year, found same link myself. Note Thurs 2nd Oct ie last year

Any info on what LIDL will be offering in the near future, beer wise..

i wonder will they have beer offers on the 5th or 8th October ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Pity no Kostritzer this year, had it last year and it was good.
    Spaten Oktoberfest is alright but I'll get a crate of Lowenbrau Oktoberfest instead because it's great, and Licher is good too.

licher is good stuff. i bought a a pack of it last year only because there was the free glass. but i really liked it. will buy a good pile of it this year

i only got it (licher) last year for the glass as well.. tasty stuff.

i'm tempted to buy lots of beer this time round..

Can anyone tell me how long the Spaten Oktoberfestbier & Löwenbräu Oktoberfestbier will keep for ?

I know that weiss biers are best drank fresh, while others (duvel, orval etc) will mature with time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Can anyone tell me how long the Spaten Oktoberfestbier & Löwenbräu Oktoberfestbier will keep for ?

They're both in and around the 6% mark, so they're not going to go anywhere for the next while. I'd safely give them a year, if not more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Con Con

I came across last years spaten oktoberfest around a month ago and it was still perfectly fine anyway.

woooohoooo
    dont be afraid to stock up on this, it usually goes fast and the only other people to stock this oktoberfest brew are o'briens off licences and they charge nearly 70 cents more per bottle, so dont hold back on buying a case of each (it wont go past its use by date)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

How many is usually in a case?

Advertisement